The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2015-16 (Taking Applications for New GMs!)

canuck2xtreme

Thanks for that. We've suffered through some lean seasons here in Montreal, having missed the playoffs in every season of the CDCGML so far, but we're thrilled with what they injection of youth has done to our team to start. Hopefully the production from the kids, notably Larkin and Domi, is somewhat sustainable.

Ha. Thanks. I guess non-producing depth guys is a better problem to have than a loaded LTIR section.  :P

low blow

low blow

My apologies, but it was more intended for my teams over the past few years. My team has avoided the injury bug so far this year *knocks on wood* which is a major departure from the half-dozen players I've had on the LTIR at any one time lol.

My apologies, but it was more intended for my teams over the past few years. My team has avoided the injury bug so far this year *knocks on wood* which is a major departure from the half-dozen players I've had on the LTIR at any one time lol.

This is true, not in any way a surprise to see Montreal at the top of the standings as his teams always had solid pieces but multiple players were on LTIR at any given time. Moving out a few more NHL ready pieces paved the way for some of his high end youth and now his team has taken the next step.

Just spoke with the commish. I am going to help update all transactions back to Oct 13th. He has still been having problems accessing the new CDC.

If there has been any trades not posted in the last two weeks...add me to the convo. Same with IR requests. C2X will update, and backdate, pickup. 

We will do this until the access gets sorted out. Any questions?

The Anaheim Ducks would like to recall Zack Smith and send Paul Byron down:

Here is our new lineup:

Nate Gerbe David Krejci Drew Stafford

Max Talbot Martin Hanzal Mark Stone

Gabriel Bourque Sean Couturier Troy Brouwer

Jordie Nolan Cody Hodgson Zack Smith

Defenseman

Ryan McDonagh - Drew Doughty

Mark Stuart - Luke Schenn

Justin Falk - David Warsofsky

Goalies

Semyon Varlamov

Al Montoya

No need arby! I'm just spitballin' ya.

Just spoke with the commish. I am going to help update all transactions back to Oct 13th. He has still been having problems accessing the new CDC.

If there has been any trades not posted in the last two weeks...add me to the convo. Same with IR requests. C2X will update, and backdate, pickup. 

:wub:

Oh, yeah

And waiver claims.

After a quick start the Oilers are hovering now around where we expected to be; unfortunately one spot lower than the last play off spot. Also like suggested, we would need some breaks and some things to fall in place to actually be a play off team. Like some other teams we've had an injury to a key player, our top pivot. Nor have all our young guns jumped in headstrong yet (the thing that needed to fall in place).

So rather than join the Mathews Chychrun race we have some inquiries out that could see us jump back in harder. Rumours are the Oilers will consider moving a D man for some forward help. Or futures to make room for an alternate deal.

All inquiries to the surf coast!

Point of clarification Surfer:  "rebuilding franchise".... or looking to "jump back in harder".... consider moving futures?

Point of clarification Surfer:  "rebuilding franchise".... or looking to "jump back in harder".... consider moving futures?

Hey man.

Move a D for forward help. Or for futures to be spun as we need. Not move futures! 

Just balancing the line up and filling holes. Hockey deals so we can get a couple o' extra points.

Watch this space... B)

small.png
MINNESOTA OFF TO SOLID START, STILL LOOKING TO IMPROVE

As the new NHL season approaches the end of its first month, the Minnesota Wild lay 7th in the league despite some of its top stars not producing to expected standards. With this solid start under their belts, General Manager Captain Woodget is looking to improve his roster to ensure that his team secures a playoff spot.

"We may be in a good position right now, but it's a long season," said Woodget. "Led by our Captain Max Pacioretty and Andrei Markov, the players are doing the fans proud. However, I do want to improve where possible and there are several areas I am looking to target.

"First, our goaltending. While Petr Mrazek and Jake Allen are two of, if not the two, best goaltender prospects in the league, neither has solidified a starting role. If the right move came along, and we could acquire a starting goaltender, it would be remiss of me not to consider such a proposal.

"Likewise for our forward lines; our centre depth is exceptional, but our scoring from the wings has been poor. If a team approaches us with a deal that would see our wings scoring increase, I would consider a trade.

"And on D, we are light on our 3rd pairing, and I would like to acquire an additional Dman who can come in and contribute immediately.

"I am not actively making moves, however if a team was to approach me, I would listen, and ultimately I am not afraid to pull the trigger on any deal that could see this team improve."

With this the rumor mill is already in overdrive. Could Minnesota be looking at packaging up Jake Allen, Ales Hemsky or Marian Gaborik? Perhaps Brian Dumoulin or Brandon Gormley? With a plethora of options, and their 2016 1st round draft pick apparently on the table, will there be any interest from other teams?

LTIR: The following players have been placed on LTIR retroactive to the listed date:

Oct 14th - Cal - Lance Bouma

Oct 16th - Phi - Johan Franzen

Oct 18th - Was - Simon Despres and Buddy Robinson

Oct 19th - Ott - Logan Couture

Oct 20th - Tor - Clarke MacArthur

Oct 21st - SJS - Duncan Keith

Oct 27th - Pit - Thomas Hickey

Oct 27th - Was - Matt Greene

Archived