The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Turn down the Suck. (Bands/songs you hate)

riffraff

On 6/23/2015 at 0:59 PM, TimberWolf said:

This is all the required Canadian content I need:

hqdefault.jpg

"Play that Diane Sawyer song"....

My list is pretty long and it starts with Rap/Hip-Hop (actually, I have no idea what the difference is) but I'd expand that to include any song that has the lyric "yo" in it and any act that feels the need to have dancers on stage with them.

I have to laugh at those who say classic rock is garbage. What is it that you hate about it? The fact they most of them wrote their own songs? The fact that they all play their own instruments? Don't use Autotune?

Or is it the fact that none of them sample hip-hop for the basis of their songs?

15 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

"Play that Diane Sawyer song"....

My list is pretty long and it starts with Rap/Hip-Hop (actually, I have no idea what the difference is) but I'd expand that to include any song that has the lyric "yo" in it and any act that feels the need to have dancers on stage with them.

I have to laugh at those who say classic rock is garbage. What is it that you hate about it? The fact they most of them wrote their own songs? The fact that they all play their own instruments? Don't use Autotune?

Or is it the fact that none of them sample hip-hop for the basis of their songs?

now we know how our parents felt in the late 60s 70s ,80s.i remember my older brother being questioned about a credence clear water album he had lol.  there was a time right here in our little town when the quality of  live bands playing the bar circuit was better than what your seeing on much music these days ,right here in "our " little town!  (tj's)

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

now we know how our parents felt in the late 60s 70s ,80s.i remember my older brother being questioned about a credence clear water album he had lol.  there was a time right here in our little town when the quality of  live bands playing the bar circuit was better than what your seeing on much music these days ,right here in "our " little town!  (tj's)

TJ's was a bit before my time. I actually played in the TJ's in Quesnel, which was also owned by Tokyo Jimmy. (He started it up after the original one in Rupert burned down)

My first bar experience in Rupert was a gig in the early 80's in Bogeys. I played there several times, before finally setting in P.R.

36 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

TJ's was a bit before my time. I actually played in the TJ's in Quesnel, which was also owned by Tokyo Jimmy. (He started it up after the original one in Rupert burned down)

My first bar experience in Rupert was a gig in the early 80's in Bogeys. I played there several times, before finally setting in P.R.

i kind of figured you were in the music klick here . following your posts , fact of the matter we probably have crossed paths  lol  

18 hours ago, chon derry said:

i kind of figured you were in the music klick here . following your posts , fact of the matter we probably have crossed paths  lol  

If you were at any of the "Completely Plugged" events at the PAC in the past year or so, you've seen me play.

Or if you've been to Toy Run. I've been looking after the entertainment for that for close to 20 years now and my band is always part of the line up.

22 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Lol from what I hear that was a rough joint...20-40 fist fights on some nights, Abit before my time though.

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, I remember a fight the week we played there. In fact, it was some local who picked a fight with the owner.

Lol I was just a kid when it was still going but I heard some awful horror stories from there. It's now a lil local brewery called the barkerville brewing company.

10 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

If you can't replicate your studio sound live to a respectable degree WITHOUT the use of voice altering technology you are trash to me.

Also if you need a computer to produce over 50% of the musical tracks on your album please retire. 

Any country, EDM, Rap, pop, r&b, and 99% of new rock is all crap to me.  I know I am older than most of you youngings but cmon put on CFOX and tell me that music today isn't crap.  I love thrash metal but despise all other types of metal and the lame ass sub genre names associated with it. 

It's easier to list the music I like.  80's thrash metal(Megadeth, Metallica), 90's cali punk(NOFX, Offspring, Screw32, etc.) any Reggae music featured on GTA and any song by Days of the New.  Maestro Travis Meeks(yes he is worthy of the title maestro) although completely messed up on meth is probably the most under appreciate musical genius out there today imo. 

Archived