The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[All Access] Canucks Pre-Draft Scouting Meeting

TheRussianRocket.

Excited for the draft and bit of a spoiler given away in the video. Canucks draft target "player 40" of the 2nd round - shows they are eyeing down a forward, most likely a winger since they mentioned him as a potential 30 goal scorer. Further connect the dots, management definitely is prepared to obtaining a 2nd round pick and 3rd with the way they speak, most likely a Lack deal.

And the last part about Burrows cannot be anymore true. Love these videos and you can see the direction JB has given everyone looking very organized and on the same page. Can't wait for draft day :frantic:

Player 40 and 54 sound like Sprong and Kylington. Like i said earlier i believe this was made in Jan, there were talking about ranking players and thats something that isn't really talk about at the year end meetings because there would be a basic consensus around rankings. But i could be wrong

Player 40 and 54 sound like Sprong and Kylington. Like i said earlier i believe this was made in Jan, there were talking about ranking players and thats something that isn't really talk about at the year end meetings because there would be a basic consensus around rankings. But i could be wrong

There is literally nothing to suggest it's Sprong and Kylington based off of what they said.

Then you look at the sheet that somewhat leaked.

B8jDOIR.jpg

in the video, and you realize that 40 is not any of the players you mentioned.

I'll take that 30 goal scoring second liner next year Jim's talkin about. If there's one of those, take him 23rd and our 30 goal scoring 19yr old problems are solved lol

He said could score 30 goals next year. NOTHING about him being on the Canucks :picard:

Looking at Bennings draft history. Success vs mediocrity vs bust. Looking at how frequently he was able to draft in the top 15

REALLY unimpressive.

If he can qualify a guy right now who will step in and pot 30 goals on the 2nd line, I will be damned impressed and burn my old Garth Butcher jersey

Looking at Bennings draft history. Success vs mediocrity vs bust. Looking at how frequently he was able to draft in the top 15

REALLY unimpressive.

If he can qualify a guy right now who will step in and pot 30 goals on the 2nd line, I will be damned impressed and burn my old Garth Butcher jersey

He is talking about the draft and about playing on the 1st or 2nd line in Junior. Scoring 30 goals in Junior in a player's Draft+1 year is good but far from exceptional.

He is talking about the draft and about playing on the 1st or 2nd line in Junior. Scoring 30 goals in Junior in a player's Draft+1 year is good but far from exceptional.

Just caught that, had sounded as though he expected to have some youngster jump into the main ring and snag 30.

Ya, he said "their" 1st or 2nd line, and pot 30 goals. I think he's refering to a college-bound player, as it seems he's implying said player will be on a new team. Could also be a euro making the jump from junior to a euro-pro league. I mean of the forwards in that range, it's safe to assume the junior ones are already on the 1st or 2nd line producing around 30.

For all we know this was filmed before we even traded our second round pick for Baertschi. It might mean nothing.

Them looking at 40-60 is probably them just giving a range of where they thought their 2nd would be before they traded it.

Archived