The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stop the draft!

UnkNuk

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Psst. All four major leagues have a draft. And it's not like the 1950's and 60's where teams would have junior teams as affiliates to get their players. That's why Toronto/Montreal/Detroit all got the players they did. It's also why the Oshawa Generals were basically a Boston affiliate to make sure they got Bobby Orr.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Psst. All four major leagues have a draft. And it's not like the 1950's and 60's where teams would have junior teams as affiliates to get their players. That's why Toronto/Montreal/Detroit all got the players they did. It's also why the Oshawa Generals were basically a Boston affiliate to make sure they got Bobby Orr.

Dude just thinks Toronto is the centre of the universe and because they have the richest owner they should be able to go buy whomever they choose. Sounds like the Rangers to me

While we are at it let's also introduce relegation

I actually think it would be great if the NHL could organize a secondary league and have relegation. You could have the Level 1 League with the top teams (maybe 16 or 24). Then a Level 2 League (with teams like Seattle, Las Vegas, Quebec City). The bottom three teams at the end of the season get relegated down to Level 2 and the top three teams in Level 2 get promoted.

Hey, it would cure tanking.

One problem with regulation. A team like Winnipeg, Edmonton, Buffalo if the get regulated they would lose revenue of the main part of the league with the TV deal. Who's going to watch Tier II hockey?

Just because it works for Football, doesn't mean it works for hockey.

Archived