The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins re-sign Adam McQuaid

lol

Save yourself Don Sweeny, you will be fired sooner then later. That Dougie Hamilton trade will go down as one of the worst trades in the NHL.

Exaggerate much? Boston is in a terrible cap situation and Hamilton was traded for slightly better than they would have received once he was subjected to an offer sheet. By trading him today they receive assets 1 year ahead of what they would have gotten after July 1.

we could have ended up with sweeney

i don't mind mcquaid but that's a sbisa contract.

$4.5m and it is. This is roughly fair value for a far more competent D man than Sbisa.

Exaggerate much? Boston is in a terrible cap situation and Hamilton was traded for slightly better than they would have received once he was subjected to an offer sheet. By trading him today they receive assets 1 year ahead of what they would have gotten after July 1.

Okay so the Flames gave away 1 and two 2nd rounders.

well here a few teams that could of beat that offer Colorado, Oilers, Leafs (yep them), Columbus oh wait the list goes on lol

Colorado - could of offered Ryan O reilly, picks

Oilers - better picks

list goes on dude, just admit this will end up being the worst trade in the NHL hamiltion is that freaking good. Flames will be a threat next year.

Okay so the Flames gave away 1 and two 2nd rounders.

well here a few teams that could of beat that offer Colorado, Oilers, Leafs (yep them), Columbus oh wait the list goes on lol

Colorado - could of offered Ryan O reilly, picks

Oilers - better picks

list goes on dude, just admit this will end up being the worst trade in the NHL hamiltion is that freaking good. Flames will be a threat next year.

Doesn't mean those teams wanted to give up those assets for Hamilton, ever thought about that?

$4.5m and it is. This is roughly fair value for a far more competent D man than Sbisa.

He is far more competent than Sbisa. I'm a sbisa hater.

I'm not just saying this for the sake of it.

He's injured so often. You're paying for 75% of the 82 games on average. He's not more than a bottom pairing guy.

Also look at it within context. I assume that Hamilton would have given in for 6 million. Why not give him that contract?

If that's what Hamilton would have asked me as a GM, I would have bent over for it. It's not a good contract within context or when you look at his place on any roster and injury history.

At 2m max, sure.

fwiw I'm against paying 90% of third pairing defenseman over the age of 25 more than 2.5m

Archived