The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On 10/19/2015 at 12:33 PM, TheRussianRocket. said:

@ryanbiech:

ICYMI - Brock Boeser had a hat trick on Saturday night; here is the first goal https://t.co/DTAKcONz93

@ryanbiech:

ICYMI - Brock Boeser had a hat trick on Saturday night - here is the 2nd goal he scored #Canucks https://t.co/BgGFOdvudA

LOL i love it.  wait a second. that isnt tonite lol. LOL

Edited by Rush17

On 5/12/2017 at 10:02 PM, Fakename70 said:

For a team that won't be competing next season, having Brock Boeser on the roster isn't a necessity unless you want to fill out those empty lower bowl seats at The Rog. That doesn't sound to me like the most perfect plan for the kid with regards to his development. Since the Canucks won't be participating in the playoffs next season - with or without Boeser - let's see if he can have an impact on Utica's season next year just as he did at North Dakota this year. Seriously, what's wrong with letting the Canucks teenaged prospects develop gradually in the minors rather than throwing them to the wolves as soon as they arrive after signing their first professional contract? One would think that being fooled by Virtanen, McCann, and Hutton (yes, Ben Hutton. Sorry, CDC, but, just as Jordan Subban is knocked and kept in the minors for not being defensively responsible, Hutton needs to be right alongside him for the exact same reason) would be reason enough to proceed with caution regarding Boeser. Would much rather see him have a great camp and be sent to Utica - where he'd have a far greater leadership role and average TOI - than have a great camp, make the team, then struggle to keep his spot at the NHL level. Like another Canucks teenaged prospect I'm thinking of right now and mentioned above. 

Again, if the team likely isn't going to be competitive next year, what could they possibly have to gain from rushing their top teenagers into the NHL?

How's Brock doing?

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Fakename70 said:

You probably feel pretty clever right now, but I don't think you should. We both know you wouldn't have bothered to comment had I been right or if he tails off. 

Here you go bro. 2 of many quotes I made last season on Brock Boeser just for you.:huh: :shock:::D

On 4/9/2017 at 1:07 AM, CoolCanucklehead said:

I'll go out & say this now, Brock will give Bo a go for the scoring title next year & could be our scoring leader by as early as that or shortly thereafter. Unless of course we get Nico?  We have 100% found one of our top line wingers already.

What a stud.

How many think Brock Boeser looks NHL ready?

On 3/31/2017 at 1:15 PM, Hutton Wink said:

Well said.  Pretty obvious the difference between Virtanen, McCann, and Goldobin versus Hutton, Boeser and Stecher.  Much can be accounted for by age, but it was remarkable how Boeser looked like he belonged right from his first period.  It was like a seamless transition.  Does not look like there will be any need for him to see a minute in Utica.

CoolCanucklehead replied to *Buzzsaw*'s topic in Canucks Talk

Yes I agree 100%. Brock is in the NHL & is going no where but up. So impressed with his maturity & hockey IQ. Is it just me or does he look more NHL ready than Bo did in his 1st few games? Kids got NHL stud all over him.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/17/2017 at 6:26 AM, Bigturk8 said:

I'll just leave this here.

82r2ffb0ygyz.png

You don't do that by accident, Brock is the real deal.

Baertschi   Horvat   Boeser

Pettersson  Gaudette  Lind

Dahlen

Goal scoring shouldn't be an issue in the future. ::D

Edited by CoolCanucklehead

Here is one stat those calder predictors haven't looked at.

3 game winning goals baby!  bo is also a +1 on a medicore team that he has largely helped carry into the wildcard discussion.  Lets face it... without Boeser are we anywhere near the wildcard/playoff bar?? 

unlikely..  Clayton Keller can shove his below a PPG pace with his -9 up the creek.  Team's are often taking his team less serious when they got a big 3 goal lead.  He hasn't even faced the big teams in cali yet.  GL with that kid.

2017-2018 - Regular Season - Skater - Summary - Points
  Player Team Pos GP G A P +/- PIM PPG PPP SHG SHP GW OT S S% TOI/GP Shift/GP FO%
1-30 of 117 results.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last
1 Clayton Keller ARI C 23 11 9 20 -9 10 2 6 0 0 0 0 73 15.1 19:23 25.1 46.7
2 Brock Boeser VAN R 18 9 10 19 +1 10 2 8 0 0 3 0 47 19.1 16:01 22.1 22.2

^^ posted here as well as article on boeser's calder race.  Go Boeser Go! Looking forward to the Murray Boeser showdown tomorrow :D

is boeser a real goal scorer??? Matt Murray thinks not. ("He got lucky on his hat trick :said murray"). gonna be a great game or a dismal one.  Hoping for the first of the 2!

go nux go!

• Cheers 1

Dan Rosen.... are you f*(*ing kidding me....

Early favorites for the Calder Trophy? -- @puckfollower

Top five:

1. Clayton Keller, Arizona Coyotes: The 19-year-old forward entered leads NHL rookies in goals (nine) points (15), points per game (1.15) and shots on goal (49) while playing 19:51 per game, second-most among rookies.

2. Charlie McAvoy, Boston Bruins: The defenseman, also 19, leads rookies in ice time per game (22:37), including 29:47 against the Kings and 29:19 against the Columbus Blue Jackets in the Bruins' past two games. He also has eight points (one goal, seven assists). McAvoy was my preseason favorite to win the Calder Trophy.

3. Mikhail Sergachev, Tampa Bay Lightning: The 19-year-old defenseman is averaging 13:21 of ice time per game, but he's making the most of it with 11 points (four goals, seven assists), including two game-winning goals.

4. Will Butcher, New Jersey Devils: The 22-year-old defenseman leads rookies with 11 assists, including seven on the power play, for the surprising Devils.

5. Mathew Barzal, New York Islanders: The speedy 20-year-old center has seven points (three goals, four assists) in 12 games. He's averaging 15:27 per game and is centering the Islanders' second line.

https://www.nhl.com/news/over-the-boards-golden-knights-and-kings-surprises-in-pacific-division/c-292474578?tid=277729162

god damn eastern media bias..  hope boeser makes you eat your own sloop you vervet monkey!!!

:angry: wait... a minute... why does a new article on nhl.com have rankings from nov 1st? ?????????????? ITS NOV 22nd PEOPLE!!!!

Edited by Rush17

Every time Boeser is out on the ice there is a possibility he'll score.  That's how you put butts in the seats and is a good reason why I haven't missed a minute of Canucks this year.  In fact, I have probably watched more Canucks this year already than all of last year.  Thank you Boeser for bringing hope back to this Franchise and making the Canucks fun to watch again.

8 hours ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Here you go bro. 2 of many quotes I made last season on Brock Boeser just for you.:huh: :shock:::D

How many think Brock Boeser looks NHL ready?

On 3/31/2017 at 1:15 PM, Hutton Wink said:

Well said.  Pretty obvious the difference between Virtanen, McCann, and Goldobin versus Hutton, Boeser and Stecher.  Much can be accounted for by age, but it was remarkable how Boeser looked like he belonged right from his first period.  It was like a seamless transition.  Does not look like there will be any need for him to see a minute in Utica.

CoolCanucklehead replied to *Buzzsaw*'s topic in Canucks Talk

Yes I agree 100%. Brock is in the NHL & is going no where but up. So impressed with his maturity & hockey IQ. Is it just me or does he look more NHL ready than Bo did in his 1st few games? Kids got NHL stud all over him.

You wouldn't have bothered to comment on WHAT I SAID IN MAY, genius. You really needed me to clarify that for you? You know what's worse than me being wrong? You patting yourself on the back over Boeser's performance as if you had something to do with it. You didn't. 

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports 5m5 minutes ago

For those asking. if Boeser hits all his bonuses this season and he could, his salary this season would be close to 1.8 million dollars. He can sign an extension with the #Canucks starting on July 1st.

The last thing the Canucks need to do is follow the Oilers standard format of huge contracts to players who come into the league with initial success. IMHO these players should be renewed on bridge deals with performance bonus and graduated base pays. Huge initial bases has to impact the culture of the team. 

55 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The last thing the Canucks need to do is follow the Oilers standard format of huge contracts to players who come into the league with initial success. IMHO these players should be renewed on bridge deals with performance bonus and graduated base pays. Huge initial bases has to impact the culture of the team. 

Bonuses are only allowed for ELCs and 35+ contracts.  

I feel it's perhaps a bit premature to give Boeser a monster contract after one great year. I'd prefer a two-year deal with a reasonably high salary of $3-4M per year before going ham on a potential $7M+ deal.

EDIT: Upon further reflection, he does have another year (2018-19) to play as well. With two years under his belt at a high level, I'd be more willing to give him a big contract, but would still lean towards a bridge deal if possible.

27 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I feel it's perhaps a bit premature to give Boeser a monster contract after one great year. I'd prefer a two-year deal with a reasonably high salary of $3-4M per year before going ham on a potential $7M+ deal.

EDIT: Upon further reflection, he does have another year (2018-19) to play as well. With two years under his belt at a high level, I'd be more willing to give him a big contract, but would still lean towards a bridge deal if possible.

really depends on his performance the rest of this year and next year as well. If he scores 80 points this season, then I'd be leaning towards giving him a massive contract after next season. Especially if he adds to it next season. For a rookie to score that much, not even Stamkos in his rookie scored that many! All assumption of course at this moment, this is the best league in the world, and we'll see where Brock is at, at the halfway mark. Might hit a wall and teams, scout, so they will double down on him if he continues to be an offensive threat.