The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

I'm sad for Boeser, he was so close to 30 goals, so close to beating Bure's rookie scoring record. Even close there for a while for the Calder. But despite this, he's had an incredible year and the future is much brighter with him in it. Sounds like he'll be done for the year, but as long as he fully recovers for next season.

Now, with Boeser out of the lineup the rest of the season, will Daniel take over the goal scoring lead? He needs 9 goals to hit 30 (16 games left). Seems lofty, but you never know with those Sedins.

Also, with Boeser out, the Canucks are going to miss his offense, and it's possible they'll lose more games down the stretch. I suppose this is good as far as the drafting order at seasons end. This was not their year for playoffs. It was all about seeing what they have in Boeser, Goldobin, Virtanen and Pouliot, and if the Sedins could still be productive. I think it's been a fairly successful year in that regard.

Although not career threatening and nothing structurally was damaged, the back area is a crucial part of making full rotating movements while playing.  It also affects balance.  Hopefully this has no effect at all how he skates or how he rotates his body in shooting.   

Hopefully this doesn't become a gateway to further injuries for him.  I've taken shots and crosschecks to that area and I usually feel off for a week or two.  Considering the velocity, speed, and force he went into the boards specifically on that area of his side/back, im sure he won't feel quite the same for a while.

Heal up fully Brock!  We need ya ready for October!

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm sad for Boeser, he was so close to 30 goals, so close to beating Bure's rookie scoring record. Even close there for a while for the Calder. But despite this, he's had an incredible year and the future is much brighter with him in it. Sounds like he'll be done for the year, but as long as he fully recovers for next season.

Now, with Boeser out of the lineup the rest of the season, will Daniel take over the goal scoring lead? He needs 9 goals to hit 30 (16 games left). Seems lofty, but you never know with those Sedins.

Also, with Boeser out, the Canucks are going to miss his offense, and it's possible they'll lose more games down the stretch. I suppose this is good as far as the drafting order at seasons end. This was not their year for playoffs. It was all about seeing what they have in Boeser, Goldobin, Virtanen and Pouliot, and if the Sedins could still be productive. I think it's been a fairly successful year in that regard.

I'm also very disappointed that he wasn't able to beat Bure's record. But this is his first season and there are many more seasons to come. Some of them will feature 40 goals, maybe 50. We have got to look ahead.

I think his hand was not 100% either, he was just managing through pain. I think this gives him a chance to get rested so that he can be ready to go next season.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, khay said:

I'm also very disappointed that he wasn't able to beat Bure's record. But this is his first season and there are many more seasons to come. Some of them will feature 40 goals, maybe 50. We have got to look ahead.

I think his hand was not 100% either, he was just managing through pain. I think this gives him a chance to get rested so that he can be ready to go next season.

There's no point in rushing him back. This season is a lost season for the team and organization. Short term pain, for long term gain. Shutting Brock down is the short pain for most fans, but if he's healthy come October, then we have many more seasons of him scoring, compared to just one. I for one, can wait until October to see him rested, healed up, and ready to go for another season. 

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

1 hour ago, vancan2233 said:

transverse-process-fracture-two.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

Based on the wording of the media release and this image of the injury area, we are so lucky that he didn't have structural damage and there was no movement/rotation/displacement of in the affected area. the small fracture will heal and in time and get better with the right care.

Sounds like as of right now no real damage is projected based on the medical imaging results taken last night. Hopefully it heals correctly

Edited by Setyoureyesontheprize

Just now, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Based on the wording of the media release and this image of the injury area, we are so lucky that he didn't have structural damage and there was no movement/rotation/displacement of in the affected area. the small fracture will heal and in time and get better with the right care.

Sounds like as of right now no surgery is projected based on the medical imaging results taken last night. Hopefully it heals correctly

The two transverse processes of each vertebrae function as the site of attachment for muscles and ligaments of the spine as well as the point of articulation of the ribs.

Bo had a freak injury, now Brock. (not to mention Baer)  Not a good year for our young guys.   Brock has 55 points, will anyone on the team pass him with 17 games left?  Shows how good he has been, and how shallow our scoring is at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

do you remember what game that was in?

There were debatably two goals in two separate games in which it occurred. I can't recall for sure myself.

7 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

There were debatably two goals in two separate games in which it occurred. I can't recall for sure myself.

Definitely his goal here, he tips the puck at or below the bar and then it hits ekblads stick anyways as it goes into the net if there's any doubt.

Wonder if we can get boeser that 30th goal if we get that goal to be reviewed.

Edited by Setyoureyesontheprize

6 hours ago, Me_ said:

His lower back where hips and spine meet. He seems to have hit his back (left kidney area) on the doorway opening. 

Looked like a potential separation and even as bad as career-ending.

Glad it’s not as bad as it looked. I just hope he doesn’t lose a step in speed.

You can see there is not much space between Boeser and the boards. Yet, after impact, his lower body swings outward. That was caused by his hip / lower spine hitting the side of the opened gate that made his body turn away for the boards.

If he had just been hit into the boards, his post-hit speed would have continued. However, after Boeser hits the boards, his body stops going forward but turns instead, indicating that an obstruction occurred during contact with the gate.

Click to see the video

No it didn't look like a potential separation or even career-ending injury.   

2 hours ago, vancan2233 said:

The two transverse processes of each vertebrae function as the site of attachment for muscles and ligaments of the spine as well as the point of articulation of the ribs.

damn too bad they did not use a stretcher to take him off the ice

incompetent training and medical staff

grrrrr

5 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Although not career threatening and nothing structurally was damaged, the back area is a crucial part of making full rotating movements while playing.  It also affects balance.  Hopefully this has no effect at all how he skates or how he rotates his body in shooting.   

Hopefully this doesn't become a gateway to further injuries for him.  I've taken shots and crosschecks to that area and I usually feel off for a week or two.  Considering the velocity, speed, and force he went into the boards specifically on that area of his side/back, im sure he won't feel quite the same for a while.

Heal up fully Brock!  We need ya ready for October!

It is amazing how much people panicked about this like it was the worst hockey play they have ever seen. He's got was sounds like very painful bruising which could because of the body location take some time for him to get back to normal.  As for the fracture, one can only speculate but non-displaced could mean just a slightly noticeable crack which years ago wouldn't have been even detected.   I wouldn't rule out him skating in the next 2 weeks.