The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Not my favorite kind of Music (more of a classic rock guy, one more tour of Canada Rush!!!) but loved the T-Shirts.  Cancer has taken my Grandma and dad so *even though I tend not to use the word much but I agree wholeheartedly endorse F-Cancer.  :)

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Not to be insensitive....but Brock could be making 6.5-7 million per year any time he decides to settle.  

A lot of these crowd funding accounts end up giving a good chunk to the company that organizes it.  It does help the person getting the portion but it is another way business's bilk money out of people who just want to help others.

gofundme is a rip off.

The USA is a joke when they let good families go bankrupt constantly because a family has crappy health luck. Good thing for Brock he will soon be a multi millionaire and can help his family. 

In all seriousness I wonder if this ends up in Brock telling his agent just to settle the damn contract.

I hope Brock's dad gets better.  :mellow:

I went to the Caring Bridge page, it looks like it's mostly set up (and has been set up for some time) as a single point where the family can post updates regarding Duke's health.   There are a couple of links on the Caring Bridge site where one can donate to Caring Bridge to support Duke's page, but no mentions that I could find of donations to the family.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I pray that God would help heal Duke's cancer, and make a speedy and full recovery.

I've lost several family members due to cancer in the past 4 years and my biggest regret was not spending enough time with them while they were still around.  Hope that Duke Boeser makes a recovery, but definitely would not fault Brock if he decided to put off hockey to be by his father.  Time is so precious these days, cherishing family moments and our loved ones becomes all that more important.

All the love, strength, courage, and hope coming your way Boeser family

Agree 100% having gone through a similar situation with my dad’s lung/brain cancer situation last year.  Family support for the one going through it and the unit in general makes such a difference.  I couldn’t imagine living half way across the continent during dads last months if that comes to that for Brock.  Thoughts with the Boeser family.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Update on Caring Bridge 

Journal entry by Laurie Boeser — 2 hours ago

Duke has developed pneumonia which is not uncommon for ICU patients.  They have determined the type of infection and are treating it.  They sat him up in a chair although he remains semi-alert.  He continues to be on the ventilator.  Otherwise he remains stable.  An MRI of the brain is scheduled today to determine if any damage occurred while he had heart failure.  We cherish every day and ask for the prayers to continue as the power of prayer works!  We are limiting visits at the hospital to family and close friends.  Our heartfelt thanks to family, friends, neighbors, and Vancouver Canuck fans for your support.  You are truly giving our family strength especially Duke! 

That’s a really good family.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Update on Caring Bridge 

Journal entry by Laurie Boeser — 2 hours ago

Duke has developed pneumonia which is not uncommon for ICU patients.  They have determined the type of infection and are treating it.  They sat him up in a chair although he remains semi-alert.  He continues to be on the ventilator.  Otherwise he remains stable.  An MRI of the brain is scheduled today to determine if any damage occurred while he had heart failure.  We cherish every day and ask for the prayers to continue as the power of prayer works!  We are limiting visits at the hospital to family and close friends.  Our heartfelt thanks to family, friends, neighbors, and Vancouver Canuck fans for your support.  You are truly giving our family strength especially Duke! 

My grandpa contracted pneumonia when he was in the ICU years ago. He fought it off despite being in a weakened state and 82 years old. Other breathing problems eventually took him, but I have faith Duke can beat this.

On 7/31/2019 at 9:57 AM, Alflives said:

Guy on 650 saying Brock’s dad’s lung cancer has come back and spread to his spleen and bones.  I’m no expert, but Mr. Boeser sounds in terminal stages.  Lots of prayers for him.  The miracle of prayer is powerful.  

On 7/31/2019 at 9:57 AM, Alflives said:

Guy on 650 saying Brock’s dad’s lung cancer has come back and spread to his spleen and bones.  I’m no expert, but Mr. Boeser sounds in terminal stages.  Lots of prayers for him.  The miracle of prayer is powerful.  

Having lost both my mother and my wife to lung cancer I can assure you that prayers are of little use when it comes to that particular form of cancer. I hate to be cynical and of course I wish them the best....But!!!

New interview with Green: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-travis-green-new-additions-boesers-contract-erikssons-issues/

SN: What is the next step?

Green: First of all, our young players have to continue to get better. We’ve got to make sure Petey, Boeser, Hughes, even guys like Bo and Marky (goalie Jacob Markstrom)… we’ve got to keep pushing those guys to be better hockey players. We need the team to play well, and we need a team that’s healthy. I think we’re a lot closer to that playoff marker than we were a year ago.

SN: Does that change your coaching priorities away from player development?

Green: Not really. Petey becoming a better player is a big part of us taking the next step. I can be very open and honest with him, but I know he’s driven to win. There are other young players I’ve seen in junior and the AHL that were very good players but weren’t driven to win. I know he’s going to do everything he can to be a better hockey player and push us to be a better hockey team. I believe Quinn Hughes has that in him. And I believe Brock took a lot of steps last year, too. We’ve got other young players like Jake Virtanen. Where does he take his game to? Our development now will really affect whether we win.

SN: How concerned are you that it’s August and Boeser still looks far away from a new contract?

Green: I’m not. This is part of today’s NHL. The one thing I know about Brock is he wants to play bad and he wants to play for this team. I talked to him recently about his summer training and where he’s at. He sounds excited to get going again. The contract stuff always takes care of itself, and I believe it will.

• Upvote 1