The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

At pick 23, this is what I wanted. This kid is 4 years away, but shows the potential to be a true game changing goal scorer. Wicked release and most of his goals are near he net. We had to take a chance on getting a dynamic guy at this late selection. We can always get D in the 2nd round tommorow, lots of similar defenceman left, not worth a 1st rounder because I doubt they would give that dynamic punch.

• Upvote 2

http://canucksarmy.com/2015/6/26/first-look-canucks-draft-brock-boeser-23rd-overall

About 27% of Boeser's draft season comparables went on to play in the NHL. Of those 27%on average they scored 35 points per 82 game season.

This tool echoes Canucks Army cohort success model: http://www.theprojectionproject.com/Home/Search

Big risk on upside by Benning. Can't help but think there were less risky players with higher upside still available.

Edited by baumerman77

Even though Boeser wasn't a guy i really wanted, im completely fine with this pick, especially after watching Boston and Dallas picks, to name a few teams. The chance of your team picking the guy you personally want is pretty slim. I'm glad we didn't draft Carlo, or even Bittner. Kinda surprised we ended up with Boeser, but not disappointed at all, this coming from someone who has been questioning Bennings "draft philosophy" lately. I think prospects going the NCAA route tends to get underrated.

What just happened here?

I do not understand this pick. Most credible mock drafts have him below 23. In other words he was not the BPA as far as most credible analysis is concerned.

The Canucks need to get bigger and faster and they help on D. Boeser is neither big nor fast and is a forward. He has no connection to Vancouver or Canada and will take a long time to develop. And maybe he doesn't even sign with the Canucks and becomes a free agent as sometimes happens with U.S. college players.

I would have preferred Juulsen.

Hard to see WTF Benning is doing.