The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

4 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Boeser is a whole different kettle of fish...a goal scorer with a quick release, a playmaker with vision and a back checker who know where to be....in all of those roles he is deceptively calm and smooth ....in that it can look slow but the end result is he has beat his man or scored his goal or taken the puck away from his man.

Somewhere between Sakic and Bossy...calm,classy, production with solid positioning on D.

at the end of the it's how he plays in the NHL that will determine that, how many freaking times do you hear that from a lot of prospects but turn out to be nothing like they were taunted to be like

• Upvote 1

Boeser and the Canucks are doing the right thing by leaving him in College. This WJHC will be a huge coming out party for him. Coupled with an expanded role at UND.. Wow. Looking forward to seeing him on the big club next season. I predict he will challenge for Rookie of the Year in 2017-18. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kakanucks said:

Bo's got competition for future captain of the nucks.

Things are looking up. With Bo we all know what kinda leadership qualities we have there aded with lots of potential, more than I expected in therms of offense. Brock Boeser seems to have the tools to be a star in this league, an offensive threat and a big leader too no doubt. At the same time I have to add what we already know but partially forgot, Brendan Gaunce is right up there too in terms of leadership qualities. These are the kinda guys who we can build around and feel good about what kinda leaders we have. Jake too, but he's definitely a different kinda team guy. Stands up for his teammates.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Bo is probably a future C, Brock is a A, I hope one day Jake plays his way onto an A role too.

I'm thinking Hutton tbh.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Bo is probably a future C, Brock is a A, I hope one day Jake plays his way onto an A role too.

Doubt it. Bo for sure, Tanev will be around a long time unless we trade him, Gaunce, Brisebois, Juolevi and others would be ahead of Virtanen for a leadership role most likely. Brock probably as well, but we'll see on him and how he fits.

Edited by elvis15

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

Doubt it. Bo for sure, Tanev will be around a long time unless we trade him, Gaunce, Brisebois, Juolevi and others would be ahead of Virtanen for a leadership role most likely. Brock probably as well, but we'll see on him and how he fits.

I CANNOT imagine Jake in a leadership role. I really cant... 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Dont forget Gudbranson who will be an A sooner rather than later 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

Not alot of people mention gudbranson wearing a letter.  I think he'd be fantastic as a captain or an assistant.

Thank you. I knew I was missing someone. He's a prime candidate for an 'A' or even potentially the 'C'. He was viewed as having that future potential of being a captain in Florida by Tallon and you can see how he carries himself on the ice and in interviews.

14 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

I CANNOT imagine Jake in a leadership role. I really cant... 

haha for sure. He is very immature and takes dumb penalties. He needs to grow up a lot. I don't think I ever see him in a leadership role. On the other hand, dustin brown was the captain of a stanley cup team so who knows. 

On 10/20/2016 at 11:43 AM, BabychStache said:

Boeser and the Canucks are doing the right thing by leaving him in College. This WJHC will be a huge coming out party for him. Coupled with an expanded role at UND.. Wow. Looking forward to seeing him on the big club next season. I predict he will challenge for Rookie of the Year in 2017-18. 

Man, that would be sick. 

On 2016-10-20 at 11:43 AM, BabychStache said:

Boeser and the Canucks are doing the right thing by leaving him in College. This WJHC will be a huge coming out party for him. Coupled with an expanded role at UND.. Wow. Looking forward to seeing him on the big club next season. I predict he will challenge for Rookie of the Year in 2017-18

Considering that most of the top picks this year are already in the league and next year's draft projects to be weak, he certainly has a good shot at it.