thejazz97

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

9 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

We're protecting Sedin, Sedin, Ericsson, Sutter, Bo, Baer, Tanev, Edler, Gudbranson, Markstrom for sure, I'd say.

Exempt: Rodin, Virtanen, Hutton, Tryamkin

The last protection spot goes to Granlund, or Gaunce IMO.

Expose Dorsett, Hansen, Burrows, Sbisa and/ or Biega, and any eligible Comets players.

Granlund/Gaunce (whoever isn't protected, likely Gaunce) or Hansen are the most desirable forwards. Sbisa the most desirable D-man unless Vegas goes off the board and takes Pedan/Subban

Granlund being protected isn't a slam dunk, I'm sure Benning and Linden would not want to lose Hansen.  Fortunately they'll have a whole seasons worth of hockey to make the decision.  But if Hansen is left available, he's definitely getting picked up over Sbisa.

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Granlund being protected isn't a slam dunk, I'm sure Benning and Linden would not want to lose Hansen.  Fortunately they'll have a whole seasons worth of hockey to make the decision.  But if Hansen is left available, he's definitely getting picked up over Sbisa.

I don't see Hansen being taken in am expansion draft. He's too valuable to a cup contender to not be worth anything (even a 3rd rounder) at the deadline. A contender would be willing to trade for him for the cup run and then expose him in the expansion draft. It's pretty much like trading for a pending UFA at the trade deadline. 

If the canucks don't trade him, they are either stupid or plan on protecting him. 

Unless....is there a certain rule where a team. Can't trade for him at the deadline and leave him unprotected? 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

He's already 30 and his game is built on speed and tenacious play. We've seen in Burrows how drastic a decline can happen. He likely only has a handful of good years left. Granlund has much more time left in this league (assuming he keeps up his play consistently all season). 

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I don't see Hansen being taken in am expansion draft. He's too valuable to a cup contender to not be worth anything (even a 3rd rounder) at the deadline. A contender would be willing to trade for him for the cup run and then expose him in the expansion draft. It's pretty much like trading for a pending UFA at the trade deadline. 

If the canucks don't trade him, they are either stupid or plan on protecting him. 

Unless....is there a certain rule where a team. Can't trade for him at the deadline and leave him unprotected? 

I agree that it's a smart move to trade Hansen this TDL if we don't plan on protecting him. If we don't trade Hansen and use the last protection spot on him rather than Granlund/Gaunce, I'll be disappointed in JB asset management. We gave up Shink for Granlund and the organization has spent years developing Gaunce into an NHL caliber player whose career is just starting.

3 hours ago, shayster007 said:

So, how about that Brock Boeser?

Who????

Apparently there is a thread about him somewhere but it seems to have been misplaced

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

Something like the new team MUST select one player from each of the other 30 teams' exposed list.  

Las Vegas must select 1 player from each of the 30 teams and their (Vegas) roster must meet the following criteria.

Regulations Relating to Expansion Franchise
* The Las Vegas franchise must select one player from each presently existing club for a total of 30 players (not including additional players who may be acquired as the result of violations of the Expansion Draft rules).

* The Las Vegas franchise must select the following number of players at each position: 14 forwards, nine defensemen and three goaltenders.

* The Las Vegas franchise must select a minimum of 20 players who are under contract for the 2017-18 season.

* The Las Vegas franchise must select players with an aggregate Expansion Draft value that is between 60-100% of the prior season's upper limit for the salary cap.

* The Las Vegas franchise may not buy out any of the players selected in the Expansion Draft earlier than the summer following its first season.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, two drink minimum said:

No. They can select only one from each of the other 30 teams exposed list. Lol

I think they actually MUST select one from each of the 30 teams?

31 minutes ago, Sedinery33 said:

7 point, 3 games... 1G 6A

only 1 goal, guys a bust

fire GMJB

:bigblush:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I think they actually MUST select one from each of the 30 teams?

Yeah? I was just goofing. Trying to same the exact same thing but in a different way was my attempt at being funny.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, two drink minimum said:

Yeah? I was just goofing. Trying to same the exact same thing but in a different way was my attempt at being funny.

:lol:

2 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

Las Vegas must select 1 player from each of the 30 teams and their (Vegas) roster must meet the following criteria.

Regulations Relating to Expansion Franchise
* The Las Vegas franchise must select one player from each presently existing club for a total of 30 players (not including additional players who may be acquired as the result of violations of the Expansion Draft rules).

* The Las Vegas franchise must select the following number of players at each position: 14 forwards, nine defensemen and three goaltenders.

* The Las Vegas franchise must select a minimum of 20 players who are under contract for the 2017-18 season.

* The Las Vegas franchise must select players with an aggregate Expansion Draft value that is between 60-100% of the prior season's upper limit for the salary cap.

* The Las Vegas franchise may not buy out any of the players selected in the Expansion Draft earlier than the summer following its first season.

Las Vegas, I present you future all star defensemen Alex Biega.

The rest of our team sucks, you don't want any of them.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

We're protecting Sedin, Sedin, Ericsson, Sutter, Bo, Baer, Tanev, Edler, Gudbranson, Markstrom for sure, I'd say.

Exempt: Rodin, Virtanen, Hutton, Tryamkin

The last protection spot goes to Granlund, or Gaunce IMO.

Expose Dorsett, Hansen, Burrows, Sbisa and/ or Biega, and any eligible Comets players.

Granlund/Gaunce (whoever isn't protected, likely Gaunce) or Hansen are the most desirable forwards. Sbisa the most desirable D-man unless Vegas goes off the board and takes Pedan/Subban

Burrows is UFA after this season. Unless we resign him (which I wouldn't rule out), he won't be on our list.

18 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Burrows is UFA after this season. Unless we resign him (which I wouldn't rule out), he won't be on our list.

But he's technically eligible to be drafted. 

2 hours ago, DalesArmy said:

Plus he sat in the box for 8 minutes as well. The kids a beaut!

Man.... Bo and Bosser... the Bo-Bo line? 

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2016 at 10:02 PM, Wilbur said:

Hate to lose Hansen. But losing Granlund (depending on his development curve this season) might be equiually as bad, and I'd hate to lose Gaunce (he would make an excellent bottom six player). So who do you expose?