The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Boeser is a good prospect, but I feel that he gets slightly overrated around here. 

Great player, but I have seen people say he would go top 5/10 in a redraft. At this point,

McDavid

EIchel

Strome

Marner

Hanifin

Provorov

Werenski

Konecny

Rantanen
Aho

Are all for sure look to be better players, with Boeser battling it out with guys like Connor, Zacha, Chabot, etc.

Once again, not saying he isn't a great prospect, because he is. I just think that people overvalue him in relation to his peers.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, GoBoGo53 said:

Boeser is a good prospect, but I feel that he gets slightly overrated around here. 

Great player, but I have seen people say he would go top 5/10 in a redraft. At this point,

McDavid

EIchel

Strome

Marner

Hanifin

Provorov

Werenski

Konecny

Rantanen
Aho

Are all for sure look to be better players, with Boeser battling it out with guys like Connor, Zacha, Chabot, etc.

Once again, not saying he isn't a great prospect, because he is. I just think that people overvalue him in relation to his peers.

Not to mention all of these guys have played NHL games. Wait until you see Brock suit up for a couple before you make a judgment like that. 

Also, who cares if we overvalue him? We're Canucks fans, we haven't had a prospect like this in since forever. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, GoBoGo53 said:

McDavid

EIchel

Strome

Marner

Hanifin

Provorov

Werenski

Konecny

Rantanen
Aho

Aside from McDavid and Eichel, I can see Brock challenging every other player on that list. Can't judge a draft until 5-6 years later, but Brock is an absolute stud. 

34 minutes ago, Bandwagon38 said:

Brock is only "over rated" because he is making headlines every night in the NCAA.  Tough not to place high value on a guy who is knocking off Oshie, Parise and not to mention Toews records in the NCAA.  Just my opinion, but come this time next year, Boeser will have climbed half way up your list.

But this is the thing though. I know of Boeser's dominance of the NCAA. When you try and bring up, for example, the fact that Nylander outscored the Sedins, Kopitar, Backstrom, Sundin, etc in the SEL its irrelevant because we took Virtanen, and Virtanen is a local kid that "gives us what we have been missing". It's a two way street here.

BTW I am not suggesting that Boeser can't be better than those guys, just at this time he isn't. Of course he could end up being better than anyone besides McDavid/Eichel, his stats have shown it.

But others have shown it as well. Marner put up better numbers than guys like Tavares, Stamkos, etc. Strome similarly dominated, but to a lesser extent, however his comparables are elite as well. Hanifin was one of the best US dev program dmen ever produced. Werenski the same, and he is killing it in the NHL. Provorov had onf of the highest WHL primary PPG and +/- ever, with guys like Weber coming out of the dub.

Boeser undoubtedly has shot up prospect rankings since his draft and there is no doubt in my mind he goes way higher than 23 in a redraft. Having said that though, most teams has a similar or better level prospect in their system, and at this point NHL>NCAA experience. It's an exciting time for Canuck fans for sure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GoBoGo53 said:

McDavid

EIchel

Strome

Marner

Hanifin

Provorov

Werenski

Konecny

Rantanen
Aho

Werenski has 5 pts in 3 games and looks incredible. I have him alot higher on my list.  

37 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Werenski has 5 pts in 3 games and looks incredible. I have him alot higher on my list.  

Werenski is unreal.

I think he will be the 3rd best player in that draft after McDavid and Eichel.

His composure and skating ability are already top notch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jägermeister said:

Werenski is unreal.

I think he will be the 3rd best player in that draft after McDavid and Eichel.

His composure and skating ability are already top notch.

Watched the Hawksgame lady night.  He dominated on both ends of the ice.

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We can afford it, the only question is would it be worth it.

Probably not.

Agreed.  I'm so damn tired of this "catch em all" approach to rosters.  It's not Pokemon.  The team is not better because it has the full set of Staals, or some line that played in junior.  Jost is great but Boeser put the line on his back last year and he'll do it again.  I didn't want Caggiula and I don't have any interest in Jost at the moment.

Edited by SamJamIam
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, GoBoGo53 said:

McDavid

EIchel

Strome

Marner

Hanifin

Provorov

Werenski

Konecny

Rantanen
Aho

I would already take Boeser over more than half of those guys.