The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

15 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

I wonder if he can shatter gaudreaus scoring record, that would be sick.

Well I just asked a Flames fan what he thought about that and this is what he said...
"He will for sure bro, he's only 19.. I believe the hype..."

Glad people are taking notice of Boeser. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, JoesRooster said:

Well I just asked a Flames fan what he thought about that and this is what he said...

Avs fans like him a lot too.

11 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

the only thing thats scares me from collage prospects his the FA part of them walking for free

Very , very unlikely that Boeser doesn't make the NHL before he can do that

Edited by logic

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

the only thing thats scares me from collage prospects his the FA part of them walking for free

Boeser, to become a free agent, wound have to wait until August 15th of 2019.  Then he would start his 3 year ELC.  As a result, his second contract wouldn't come around until 2022/2023 season.  If he comes to us next season (as soon as his college season ends) he would speed up the whole process by several (4) years.  For a player of his pedigree, that a lot of money to give up.  

• Upvote 3

Also to note that typically when COLLEGE players use the loophole it's due to the fact that they are stuck behind a mountain of depth at their position. Vesey was an exception obviously.  Hate that he's doing well. 

Boeser won't be stuck behind depth of wingers. If he's up to the task he can take a top 6 role out of school.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Also to note that typically when COLLEGE players use the loophole it's due to the fact that they are stuck behind a mountain of depth at their position. Vesey was an exception obviously.  Hate that he's doing well. 

Boeser won't be stuck behind depth of wingers. If he's up to the task he can take a top 6 role out of school.

We could use him this year maybe in the spring?  If JV can get his game to consistently be like he played last January and February and Boeser is what we expect, that's two very good right wingers.  Then we have Bo and .Sutter at centres.  That's four top six guys, who would be a really good group.  Now who comes in on the left side?  Is Baer elite enough, Granlund?  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We could use him this year maybe in the spring?  If JV can get his game to consistently be like he played last January and February and Boeser is what we expect, that's two very good right wingers.  Then we have Bo and .Sutter at centres.  That's four top six guys, who would be a really good group.  Now who comes in on the left side?  Is Baer elite enough, Granlund?  

I doubt we can get him signed and in practices before our season is done. 

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I love Virt, but he is no where near a top 6 player yet. 

3 minutes ago, SwedeHockey said:

I love Virt, but he is no where near a top 6 player yet. 

For certain, he's not there yet, but we saw what he will become (if we are patient) for those couple months last winter.  I like that WD put Errikson with Bo and JV, because that's a line that could be AT (after twins).

5 hours ago, Odd. said:

That's actually quite a lot for a winger. If he's good at taking faceoffs that's a huge bonus but I don't see any reason to convert him to a center.

I actually think he had/has a over 50% faceoff percentage last year and this year so far.

9 hours ago, JoesRooster said:

I've had a Habs, Flames fan enjoy his play. Even an oilers fan is jealous of him and Horvat