The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

This kid is one of our two elite forwards?

Is Bo showing he's the other elite guy?

Bo and Boeser the two elite guys we need??

Yup. I do think we have 2/3 of the new top line. Bo with Boeser? Yikes. Now all we need is another "B" for the 1LW spot. It will be our version of the killer b's ^_^

Its a bit early to look at the next draft, but I like the problem of finding a 1LW vs a 1C. 

51 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Yup. I do think we have 2/3 of the new top line. Bo with Boeser? Yikes. Now all we need is another "B" for the 1LW spot. It will be our version of the killer b's ^_^

Its a bit early to look at the next draft, but I like the problem of finding a 1LW vs a 1C. 

This draft is apparently quite deep at Center. My guess (assuming we pick in the middle of the pack), is we will be looking for a 1b/2a center. We don't have anyone for that role right now with the trade of McCann, and that player will have some time to develop given Sutter is only 26. My guess is that's who our first pick goes after (assuming of course there is no 'no brainer' other position on the board at the time)

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

This kid is one of our two elite forwards?

Is Bo showing he's the other elite guy?

Bo and Boeser the two elite guys we need??

Not sure Alf, but he sure is developing at a frightening rate.  He's so good in almost every aspect of the game and what a clutch player!  I think he's going to push by most people's expectations within a couple of years.

Bo and Boes will need a playmaker on their line.  Not sure about Rodin or Baer as of yet. 

5 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Rodin can play left wing... I'm thinking  

Rodin / Horvat / Boeser   as our future first line  I think Rodin can be that good, I know Boeser and Horvat can.

Well, hopefully Virtanen can develop into a Bertuzzi, then you'd have a reincarnation of the WCE.

Edit: Virtanen- Horvat- Boeser

Edited by c00kies

On 23/10/2016 at 4:25 PM, Rex425 said:

This is the statistics I was looking at: http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/filters17.php

He's 16-13 on the faceoffs so far this year, was 24-21 last year. Seems like he's taking a lot more faceoffs this year playing with gersich and jost. 

Not having looked at any stats but having seen Jost live, he was very weak on draws.  Could be one explanation for why Brock's been taking more faceoffs.

every single time the kid shoots the puck he's trying to put it THROUGH the back of the net. even that rebound tap-in was put in with authority. 

something the canucks have seriously lacked for a very long time. 

35 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

He could be used as a pretty powerful bargaining chip now for that top 6 forward Canucks are looking for, for immediate help. Would negate the risk of him remaining at college and going FA as well.

Great idea trade a fellow who will be on our top line within 2 years for a "top 6" guy who will play on our second line for a year and then get waived or traded at best.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

He could be used as a pretty powerful bargaining chip now for that top 6 forward Canucks are looking for, for immediate help. Would negate the risk of him remaining at college and going FA as well.

Jebus! Hell to the no!

• Upvote 4