The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

3 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

He could be used as a pretty powerful bargaining chip now for that top 6 forward Canucks are looking for, for immediate help. Would negate the risk of him remaining at college and going FA as well.

What risk?

He'd have to stay in college for another 2 years after this year.  So 3 more years of college hockey....Why are we paranoid about something we have 3 years to prevent?

19 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

What risk?

He'd have to stay in college for another 2 years after this year.  So 3 more years of college hockey....Why are we paranoid about something we have 3 years to prevent?

19 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Boeser isn't ditching the Canucks. He wouldn't have tried to convince Stecher and Caggiula to sign here if his intention was to bail in 3 years.

Hasn't Boeser pretty much indicated that he plans to turn pro next year (i.e. sign with the Canucks)?

• Upvote 2

Can't wait for Brock to wear the canucks jersey. Haven't been this excited for a canucks prospect since Hodgson. Didn't end well for Hodgson here but there was plenty to get excited about at the time. Brock has all the tools to make an immediate impact for the canucks when he gets here.  Hoping for a Big showing from him at the world jrs tourney this year

Edited by Moosecanuckle08

is the great Brock Boeser ready to carry the Canucks to victory!  on a more serious note though.... could we actually see Boeser later this season if he team stays alive?

I forget how the time line works but if his team doesn't repeat their championship could we see him dress for a few??? or was it mostly leading into the post season? I remember Nashville left a spot for vessy before he ditched them.

10 hours ago, Rush17 said:

is the great Brock Boeser ready to carry the Canucks to victory!  on a more serious note though.... could we actually see Boeser later this season if he team stays alive?

I forget how the time line works but if his team doesn't repeat their championship could we see him dress for a few??? or was it mostly leading into the post season? I remember Nashville left a spot for vessy before he ditched them.

Yeah canucks can sign him after his season is over.  It burns a year of their nhl contract , but is used to entice college players to leave college.  I believe flames did that with Johnny hockey who may have debuted against us I think. 

Edited by FireGillis

12 minutes ago, FireGillis said:

Yeah canucks can sign him after his season is over.  It burns a year of their nhl contract , but is used to entice college players to leave college.  I believe flames did that with Johnny hockey who may have debuted against us I think. 

Yep, and he scored his first career goal on us too.