thejazz97

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Entitlement vs humbleness,  is there a clearer example?  Let's hope it's just youthful exuberance overwhelming Goldy for now as entitlement is literally rampant in all the kids

I personally know and interact with these days.

Goldobin isn't at the prospects camp because he's been playing professional hockey now for more than two years.  We'll see what kind of professionalism he has when he comes to training camp.  Is he working on his defensive awareness (not entirely sure how you do this in the Summer - watch video?).  I bet he'll be in great conditioning and will still have an excellent first step with great speed and offensive awareness.  I do love what Boeser is doing, though.  I'm hoping to see both these guys make it on the roster this season.

• Upvote 3

If Boeser's speed has improved as much as I'm hearing, can't see how he doesn't make the opening lineup now.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

If Boeser's speed has improved...at all... he is going to be one of our top goal scorer's this year and in the running for the Calder....

We don't know for sure yet who all will be rookies this year, but Boeser has a great shot at it regardless.  Been  lonnnngggg time since we had a ROY candidate.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

We don't know for sure yet who all will be rookies this year, but Boeser has a great shot at it regardless.  Been  lonnnngggg time since we had a ROY candidate.

It's a good year to be competing for ROY. No real big blue chip prospects coming into the league this year. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

If Bo is the future Captain, than Brock is sure on his way to wearing an A for him. This kid is pure class and one of the hardest workers. Mixed with his natural talent he's going to be one hell of a player.

Agree on all these points!  And the kid looks like a Disney prince!! ;)  Gotta respect that flow!!

• Upvote 1

i keep forgetting that the summer has just started, brock has so uch time to improve more on his already improved skating

• Upvote 1

On 6/30/2017 at 9:37 PM, J.R. said:

I want Rodin (if healthy/able) on an offensive '4th' line, ideally with Boeser and a UFA C (Gagner?) All sheltered with low expectations, ozone starts and PP time.

Baer, Horvat, Eriksson

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund

Gaunce, Sutter, Dorsett

Rodin, UFA, Boeser

Rodin/Boeser can move up with injuries (or trades) and we recall Goldobin/Virtanen/Dahlen.

I would definitely see Gagner in the team. How many players do we have who scored 50 points last season. 

I would also look at splitting the Sedins. Then put Gagner with Dan and Boeser.

Baer Horvat Eriksson

SedIn Gagner and Boeser

Rodin Sedin Granlund

Gaunce Sutter Dorsett.

Edited by alfstonker
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Where is Gagner. Surely we have a place on the team for a 50 point guy.

the post you quoted was made the day before free agency. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Western Red said:

Updated to say neither are playing? See that?

Well &^@# 

On 2017-06-30 at 1:47 PM, R3aL said:

Boeser with a 30+ goal rookie season is quite the optimistic projection. Would be over the moon, and would be calder nominee but that is a steep projection.

If we got:

Baer: 20-30

Horvat: 25+-35

Boeser 25-20

That would be quite the year for them anything more would be a big hockey story. Especially since they will have 1st line checkers on them this year more than last.

This would be the kind of story to ignite the fan base . They would create a strong enthusiasm for casual fair weather fan to attend more games. Hopefully this could be the storyline of the season.

6 hours ago, bobbyg43 said:

This would be the kind of story to ignite the fan base . They would create a strong enthusiasm for casual fair weather fan to attend more games. Hopefully this could be the storyline of the season.

Would be exciting that's for sure - just can't be the expectation 

• Upvote 2

Would it be too bold of a prediction to say Boeser will score 30 goals next season?

Edited by Pears

33 minutes ago, Pears said:

Would it be too bold of a prediction to say Boeser will score 30 goals next season?

Boeser has all the tools to be a goal machine (25+) as early as next year, but the real questions are how will he get the puck and what will his ice time be? Is he going to have to battle and do all the work solo, similar to how Horvat scores a lot, or are they going to gift him offensive zone starts with the Sedins? Declining as he is, Henrik is still our only true playmaking center and without him I don't see Boeser getting 25+. 

Edited by IBacon Strips

1 hour ago, IBacon Strips said:

Boeser has all the tools to be a goal machine (25+) as early as next year, but the real questions are how will he get the puck and what will his ice time be? Is he going to have to battle and do all the work solo, similar to how Horvat scores a lot, or are they going to gift him offensive zone starts with the Sedins? Declining as he is, Henrik is still our only true playmaking center and without him I don't see Boeser getting 25+. 

I think it all depends how good our powerplay is this year. If he plays on the top unit with the Sedins and Del Zotto can prove to be a PP QB I don't think it's far-fetched to see 20 or 25+