The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

I am not sure what season it will start but likely not later than next year when I expect to hear "Juolevi, looks off and no looks to Boeser -  Boeser on the one time....goal!".    I can see that duo putting up powerplay goals at a rate not seen on your Canucks since the WCE.   

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I am not sure what season it will start but likely not later than next year when I expect to hear "Juolevi, looks off and no looks to Boeser -  Boeser on the one time....goal!".    I can see that duo putting up powerplay goals at a rate not seen on your Canucks since the WCE.   

Juolevi usually makes those passes from the left side to the right side no? Juolevi being a lefty and Boeser being a righty I don't think It will work with Boeser being the recipient of Juolevi's patented cross ice passes. 

13 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Juolevi usually makes those passes from the left side to the right side no? Juolevi being a lefty and Boeser being a righty I don't think It will work with Boeser being the recipient of Juolevi's patented cross ice passes. 

Juolevi crosses over to go off wing - watch his highlight videos - a right handed shot sniper would do well to just work into free ice and the puck will magically arrive.

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2017 at 11:46 AM, Horvat is a Boss said:

I agree that they're both mainly shoot first players, but that's pretty much it. Mathews is a center, Boeser is a winger. Mathews' release is also pretty different than most I would say. His stick is fairly short and he applies a lot of downward force to bend his stick almost in half. Boeser's stick doesn't flex as much when he shoots, and he uses a relatively longer stick. Mathews' release is also quicker, although Boeser's could be a bit harder. 

Also, how often have people seen Boeser's one-timer? Cause I've only seen it on like the first 2 clips in his highlight video. I don't think that's enough to suggest that it'll be a major weapon for him. He seems like the type of player that would prefer to settle it down, look for the pass and then rip a wrist shot. His one-timer is obviously very good, I just don't know how often we'll see it. 

Boeser's quickly becoming a fan favourite not just in vancouver but throughout the NHL. Absolutely love Boeser, I have no doubts whatsoever about him not making the line-up. 

• Cheers 1