The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I think many noticed (those I watched with) how in position he was and how Johnny Hockey seemed to be incapable of passing it to him.   The kid (Boeser) seems to have instinct on where to be at the right time.   Even the shooting drill that rattled seasoned veterans, he instead seemed to have a plan on where to put the pucks and it paid off.   Maybe one of the most intelligent hockey minds Canucks have had in their midst in a very long while.

Don't think he had a unique 'plan' for the targets... most shooters including him wanted to get the bottom targets out of the way first. He just has incredible shooting accuracy.

And I thought Gaudreau and Brock played well together. Kind of exacerbates the fact that we're in need of a true #1 playmaker to dish pucks to Brock, kind of like what Henrik used to be in his day.

Edited by guntrix

2 hours ago, guntrix said:

Don't think he had a unique 'plan' for the targets... most shooters including him wanted to get the bottom targets out of the way first. He just has incredible shooting accuracy.

And I thought Gaudreau and Brock played well together. Kind of exacerbates the fact that we're in need of a true #1 playmaker to dish pucks to Brock, kind of like what Henrik used to be in his day.

Boeser took some time to line some pucks up....seemed smart.   Other guys whiffed by having two pucks get in way.

I don't disagree that he looked good (and fast enough for those who complain about his skating) playing with Johnny H but felt the latter simply didn't pass first very often and wanted to be the "shooter".   Not a biggie but if Boeser had been on a with a true passer (McD or Kopitar), he would have had a lot more looks.   Either way, just an all-star game but I am not sure I have seen an NHL rookie in my life find open ice and be in the right place to take a pass (or be there to put it in the net) than this new Canuck.   He will have slumps - all players do - but you give this kid a C-ice man remotely close to Henrik in his prime and he could be a 40 plus goal guy for long, long while in the world's best league.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, guntrix said:

Kind of exacerbates the fact that we're in need of a true #1 playmaker to dish pucks to Brock, kind of like what Henrik used to be in his day.

17 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

He will have slumps - all players do - but you give this kid a C-ice man remotely close to Henrik in his prime and he could be a 40 plus goal guy for long, long while in the world's best league.

Hopefully...

cut.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Boeser took some time to line some pucks up....seemed smart.   Other guys whiffed by having two pucks get in way.

I don't disagree that he looked good (and fast enough for those who complain about his skating) playing with Johnny H but felt the latter simply didn't pass first very often and wanted to be the "shooter".   Not a biggie but if Boeser had been on a with a true passer (McD or Kopitar), he would have had a lot more looks.   Either way, just an all-star game but I am not sure I have seen an NHL rookie in my life find open ice and be in the right place to take a pass (or be there to put it in the net) than this new Canuck.   He will have slumps - all players do - but you give this kid a C-ice man remotely close to Henrik in his prime and he could be a 40 plus goal guy for long, long while in the world's best league.

I agree with your assessment. Last year when I watched the All Star game Gaudreau was an absolute puck hog and wasn't using his team mates as much as he could. Granted it is just an All Star game, but same complaints were made against him last year as well.

On 1/29/2018 at 10:29 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Meanwhile, the only award Barzal has won so far is one 'Second Star of the Week'. Boeser has an edge there thus far.

Very good point. At the end of the year they do look at over all points, but they also look at the players impact to the team. If Brock keeps up his pace it's hard to argue that he wasn't the most important rookie to any team in the NHL this season, aside from McAvoy in Boston. I think it's a 3 man race. Barzal, McAvoy, and Boeser. Keller and Kerfoot are also close, but I feel aren't at the same level as the other 3. 

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:04 AM, aGENT said:

I loved his monotone and stone faced 'excitement'! :lol:

'Congrats Brock, here's one of the world's ugliest appliances cars!'

'Thanks, I think I'll give that to my sister :sick: '

Gawd, those all star uni's were awfully ugly as well...

12 hours ago, Laheys Liquor said:

"That experience last year was huge; just getting to see how [Henrik Sedin and Daniel Sedin], Bo Horvat, work even though we were out of the Stanley Cup Playoffs," Boeser said. "It showed me what I needed to do in the offseason to come into Vancouver and make the team. That experience gave me confidence going into training camp."

More validation why it's important to try to get some kids into the lineup down the stretch.

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

I think 40 goals is out of his reach (unless he goes on a tear). 35 isn't out of the question, and would certainly be the high point of the Canucks season.

My projections have him on pace for 39.9 goals at his current rate (not even kidding).