The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Boeser had a rough game last night. He lost coverage regularly. On the plus side you never know when he will pop up at the right place and unleash 'the weapon'.  

Agreed. I remember thinking that this might be his worst showing of the season- but even then, he still has that shot. 

Does anybody have the clip where Girardi ran at Boeser twice within about 5 seconds?  Sportsnet claims thats where he injured his hand.  To me it looked more like a head injury.

I know im speaking more out of emotion because of all the losing and the bending over this team does, but it would be nice to have a guy like Matt Martin on the team to go after the other teams'' good players when they go after ours.  Remember when he tried to jump Stecher last year and Miller intervened?  That was a retaliation for Dorsett going after Komarov - a non fighter.  Dont bust your knuckles on the other goon, go after the other teams best player when they do that to you.  Its an effective deterrent I think.

Eat some inflated salary and bring a guy like Martin here.  Its going to be open season on guys like Petterson and Dahlen.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Hard to keep pace with a guy that can go off for 5 point nights like Barzal can. Sure Boeser has goals down but the sheer amount of points Barzal is getting is too much, even if Boeser were healthy. Still a fantastic year for him. Hopefully he's not seriously hurt. We don't have much to cheer for as it is.

Unfortunately, unlike Boeser, Barzal gets to play with legit top six players that can finish. Boeser needs someone that can keep up with him and Horvat.

57 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Unfortunately, unlike Boeser, Barzal gets to play with legit top six players that can finish. Boeser needs someone that can keep up with him and Horvat.

Yes especially on the PP. I think he got 3 or 4 Pts on the PP tonight. 

If I'm Aqua and Linden I go hard after Tavares this summer. You get a 1C in Tavares and 2C in Horvat and this team looks a lot better. Sign a couple more UFA's to fill out roster and team would make playoffs next year. Sedins would have to go. 

I don't think Tavares would want to come to a rebuilding team but it's fun to think about. 

8 hours ago, The Great Canucks said:

I also think Barzal benefits greatly from being able to create plays on his own. Boeser doesn't really have the speed to do that. He is at the mercy of his linemates sometimes. If they can't get him the puck he's not scoring. Whereas Barzal can make plays happen all on his own with his speed and puck handling.

4 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I also think Barzal benefits greatly from being able to create plays on his own. Boeser doesn't really have the speed to do that. He is at the mercy of his linemates sometimes. If they can't get him the puck he's not scoring. Whereas Barzal can make plays happen all on his own with his speed and puck handling.

I dunno, but I've seen Brock creates lots on his own

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, redhdlois said:

I dunno, but I've seen Brock creates lots on his own

Not to the level of Barzal. Barzal can take it from his own end, dangle 3 people, set someone up for an easy goal. I am not trying to disrespect Boeser. I think he is fantastic. But Barzal is much better with the puck than Boeser and because of that he doesn't really need to rely on teammates to set up plays. Boeser can handle the puck and has deceptive speed. Just facts that Barzal's toolbox is better than Boeser's. In my humble opinion anyway. 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Not to the level of Barzal. Barzal can take it from his own end, dangle 3 people, set someone up for an easy goal. I am not trying to disrespect Boeser. I think he is fantastic. But Barzal is much better with the puck than Boeser and because of that he doesn't really need to rely on teammates to set up plays. Boeser can handle the puck and has deceptive speed. Just facts that Barzal's toolbox is better than Boeser's. In my humble opinion anyway. 

Different styles of play in my opinion. Although I picture Boeser as the kind of player who can do things on his own and be a force out there and make stuff happen, but man... if he could get someone like Barzal feeding him passes..... I would feel pretty confident in suggesting a flood of Hart Trophies coming his way, and I'm the kind of person who tries not to get carried away about things....

Edited by The Lock

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

Different styles of play in my opinion. Although I picture Boeser as the kind of player who can do things on his own and be a force out there and make stuff happen, but man... if he could get someone like Barzal feeding him passes..... I would feel pretty confident in suggesting a flood of Hart Trophies coming his way, and I'm the kind of person who tries not to get carried away about things....

Which is why the club drafted Pettersson.

1 hour ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Which is why the club drafted Pettersson.

Yeah, I thought about mentioning Pettersson, but I felt like I was already being too ambitious by suggesting multiple Hart Tropies going to Brock if he had a good enough playmate.

Let's be real still. Pettersson's not here yet so we don't know what he'll be like. I do like his chances though.