The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

21 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I feel Boeser has been cheated out of 2 goals now.  One vs. Florida and another on Sat. vs the Bruins. 

It simply will not do to have Boeser outstripping the stats that the young kid in TO put up. McDavid in Edmonton has been anointed as the 'one' from the west. Two would be 2 many!  

We haven't seen Brock's wicked wrister since he was drilled twice by Girardi in that game vs Tampa Bay where it looked like he got injured.  His wrist must be bothering him, and I suspect that hes not taking any games off because he is in pursuit of the Calder (just my guess)

There was this from last night, the wrist is taped like a mummy and he was in pain after he got drilled on the boards

Edit: this is the first of two consecutive Girardi hits on the same shift that I think did the damage (i cant find the second one):

boeser-hit-crushed.gif?w=618&h=350

Edited by Darius71
  • Upvote 1

If he is suffering the ill effects of some hits in his wrist, I wouldn't be adverse to sitting him for the 3 game road trip coming up. Let that wrist heal up some. It's not like we are a threat to make the playoffs. Slot Virt in on his line for those 3 games. This would do wonders for Virt's confidence, and let him know he is a valued player, going into his RFA status. Barzal has pretty much locked up the Calder, no need to pretend to keep up the chase.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Father Ryan said:

If he is suffering the ill effects of some hits in his wrist, I wouldn't be adverse to sitting him for the 3 game road trip coming up. Let that wrist heal up some. It's not like we are a threat to make the playoffs. Slot Virt in on his line for those 3 games. This would do wonders for Virt's confidence, and let him know he is a valued player, going into his RFA status. Barzal has pretty much locked up the Calder, no need to pretend to keep up the chase.

Thank you, Father Ryan. :) That's what I've been saying for the last few days. I would even go a step further and rest him for the balance of this month. The Calder is history. The Canucks win 6 or 7-4 last night with Boeser having two healthy wrists. Boeser can still finish with 35-40 goals if he's resting for the remainder of February(Gawd, I hope he's not playing with a fracture). If Green continues to play him, then it's not doing Boeser and his wrist any favours. Because I could easily see him being lucky enough to finish with 30-32 goals based on his recent scoring pace. His shots and puck handling are way off. We all want to see a 100% healthy Boeser wristing goals like he did prior to his injury. 

20 minutes ago, The Lock said:

A random thought came to mind today. Imagine if Hodgson had been drafted later on to the point where he played with Boeser. Curious: Do you guys think Hodgson would have had a better career had this been the case?

Considering he had to retire due to medical reasons, it wouldn't have made any difference.  

21 minutes ago, The Lock said:

A random thought came to mind today. Imagine if Hodgson had been drafted later on to the point where he played with Boeser. Curious: Do you guys think Hodgson would have had a better career had this been the case?

Hodgson is weak.

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

Don't mean to be dismissive but I would take BoHo anytime over CoHo. With BoHo getting better and better and with the likes of Pattersson and Gaudette on the horizon, any thoughts about CoHo are irrelevant based on what transpired with him. And I was very big on him as well. Everything happens for a reason. 

49 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Don't mean to be dismissive but I would take BoHo anytime over CoHo. With BoHo getting better and better and with the likes of Pattersson and Gaudette on the horizon, any thoughts about CoHo are irrelevant based on what transpired with him. And I was very big on him as well. Everything happens for a reason. 

Not comparing BoHo to CoHo, just thinking CoHo exclusively with this and more theorizing than anything. Nothing wrong with going "what if?"

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

I think Cody achieved exactly what he set out to. 

On 2/23/2018 at 7:01 PM, hammertime said:

I think Cody achieved exactly what he set out to. 

Got a $$$$ money contract.  A shame about him having to retire early but he had it easy if he stuck with the Canucks.  Playing behind two allstar centers (would've have be '2nd fiddle' to them forever) is the best way for a rookie to break into the league.  Not to mention a great NHL coach like Vigneault.