The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

My guess is that Brock would advise Quinn to go back to college for this season...

Boeser on Hughes big decision - college or pro, "I know my 2nd year really helped me a lot, off ice I really think I got a lot stronger." #Canucks

To me it doesnt take this long to decide, I think he goes back to College like Brock did, he is younger than Brock was and is a D. If he had Werenski type size then a 1 & done would make total sense. Either way it doesnt bother me, we have lots of D already, ship some out at TDL and sign Hughes after his season and give him the BB, Gaudette treatment in spring.

As for Brock, glad to hear he is all healed up and can train hard for 2 months before camp. I wonder is young guys like Brock and Bo ever meet up in the summer or just do their own thing until team camp. 

10 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Any word on contract talks with Brock? Sounded like there has been none from what Dhaliwal posted today. I am a bit surprised, why wouldnt be try to lock him up now, risk him really having a great year then paying double digit cap hit for him?

We got lucky with the BO deal, I would have went 8 year term with him. Hope the Canucks lock BB up for 8 years this summer. But I guess we have cap space so why risk the over pay now and just see how he does next season then sign him next year to whatever it takes.

I think the only way we pay double digits for Brock is if he scores 50+ goals or 100+ points next year. Two great seasons isn't enough to pay that much unless they're really incredible. But I can see the concern, as another strong season would probably push his salary up to 8 or maybe even 9 million.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Personally, I hate hearing ...why don't we lock him up now so we don't have to pay if he scores blah blah blah.....as far as I'm concerned you pay Brock whatever whenever.

He's worth every penny.

Bingo. If Brock's performance this season warrants a nine million + contract, you pay him. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Bingo. If Brock's performance this season warrants a nine million + contract, you pay him. 

The counter argument is if we sign Brock this year to a $7M and he plays like $9M next year, we get a big bargain. I have no problem with paying him a ton, but if we can get a bargain by signing him before this year, that'd be nice.

That said, I'm playing the devil's advocate here; I'd rather sign him after his second season.

1 hour ago, redhdlois said:

Personally, I hate hearing ...why don't we lock him up now so we don't have to pay if he scores blah blah blah.....as far as I'm concerned you pay Brock whatever whenever.

He's worth every penny.

so in a few years we could be toronto 2.0 if brock and EP succeed to stardom like all of cdc predicts?

2 guys making 10m or more? That is hard to make work and still fill out the roster. 

Highly unlikely both or either of those guys makes 10m per anytime soon but who knows in todays sports world.

IMO if you can save a M or 2 here and there you do because it adds up and down the road when we are good and need that extra piece we might have some $ to acquire or sign that quote on quote missing piece

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

so in a few years we could be toronto 2.0 if brock and EP succeed to stardom like all of cdc predicts?

2 guys making 10m or more? That is hard to make work and still fill out the roster. 

Highly unlikely both or either of those guys makes 10m per anytime soon but who knows in todays sports world.

IMO if you can save a M or 2 here and there you do because it adds up and down the road when we are good and need that extra piece we might have some $ to acquire or sign that quote on quote missing piece

Nah we will be the Vancouver Canucks.

&^@# Toronto.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, redhdlois said:

He's worth every penny.

Well that worked well for the Oilers over the years. 

On 7/19/2018 at 10:00 PM, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

His 9 points puts him at the top of DaBoeserLeague 

right

and given the high name recognition of almost everyone else on that list

makes me think that it is just fun shinny hockey

and brock should have the most scoring points

but good he is doing it and getting his hockey feel back

Edited by coastal.view

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Boeser’s uncle does nice work. Made a custom beer cooler for Brock’s lake place. I could definitely use one of these this summer.

E9C449F8-F63D-4D7F-BE82-7986D239A9A8.thumb.png.e764cb03ecc79fa16dba95c48aafaf0f.png

Saw this on PITB and r/Canucks.

This should give the Canucks leverage in contact negotiations.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

This should give the Canucks leverage in contact negotiations.

Are you insinuating one of Brock's legs is cut 1/2" short?

Because.... Yeah.

My drunk Uncle makes three legged boxes too.. Sorry Brock, it's not just the angle. That front right leg isn't touching the ground

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Are you insinuating one of Brock's legs is cut 1/2" short?

Because.... Yeah.

My drunk Uncle makes three legged boxes too.. Sorry Brock, it's not just the angle. That front right leg isn't touching the ground

Neither front leg appears to be touching the ground, however the real legs are attached to the underside of the horizontal shelf closest to the ground.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, gurn said:

Neither front leg appears to be touching the ground, however the real legs are attached to the underside of the horizontal shelf closest to the ground.

Upon further inspection you are correct. The vaneers are cut short.

My mistake. The shadows threw me

4 hours ago, coastal.view said:

right

and given the high name recognition of almost everyone else on that list

makes me think that it is just fun shinny hockey

and brock should have the most scoring points

but good he is doing it and getting his hockey feel back

I like how he is playing with Derek Stepan... some decent names on that list for sure

I don't really miss Jordan Schroeder