The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

2 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Where did you hear that?

From Benning:

"If we have to sit him out for a month, that's what we'll do. We want to do good by him. He's too important for us moving forward".

Not say he will be out for a month, but it seems like the possibility is there.

4 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

that's extremely unfortunate he's going to miss the Minnesota game.  You think his back was ok, it was ok, but now he has other injuries bothering him like wth.   I except the idea of sitting him out a full month if needed.  His ice time can be allocated to tryouts like Goldobin and even Virtanen.   

And Even Virtanen?  Have you seen their stats?  Goldy has 1 goal, 8 Assists and hes a +3.  Jake 7 goals, 2 assists and is a +4.  Goldy gets 1st PP min. time.  I don't fully understand Why Jake doesn't get more opportunities.  He has been fairly consistent and deserves maybe some 1 PP time and I would like to see him tried a little on the PK.

2 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

And Even Virtanen?  Have you seen their stats?  Goldy has 1 goal, 8 Assists and hes a +3.  Jake 7 goals, 2 assists and is a +4.  Goldy gets 1st PP min. time.  I don't fully understand Why Jake doesn't get more opportunities.  He has been fairly consistent and deserves maybe some 1 PP time and I would like to see him tried a little on the PK.

With Virtanen's speed and improvement on the defensive side of his game the lack of trying him on the PK stumps me. 

He would be a threat to go the other way and make teams consider this on their PP.   Must be a reason Coach isn't comfortable with it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Anyone else follow Brock on Instagram ?
I am curious about his post yesterday......pic of him hugging his dog (who lives with his parents in Minnesota) with the caption 'five days'

We play in Minnesota on Thursday night so I am wondering if he will be re-joining the team there??  Not saying he will play though.

8 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

This last stretch of games has just shown by how valuable Brock is. The last game he played, he and Pettersson had 9 points. Since then, Pettersson has one point I think. The Canucks are being very smart keeping him out till he’s 100%. 

Agreed. The last game against Minnesota was so painful to watch that I went to my PVR to watch the Colorado game for a little bit. Boeser and EP were onto something magical, and even John Garrett remarked "this is Boeser's best game of the season" in the 1st period. It's infuriating that he hasn't been able to play since...

Whelp, guess the skate didn't go that well.  MacIntyre says Brock didn't travel with the team to Cali.

He also added, somewhat mysteriously, that's he's made no progress since he was sent home a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by Dungass

5 minutes ago, Dungass said:

Whelp, guess the skate didn't go that well.  MacIntyre says Brock didn't travel with the team to Cali.

When a groin issue carries on this long, I start to worry it’s more than just the groin.  Isn’t there an associated injury that includes the abdominal region, that requires surgery?  I think Sutter might have had that, or was it Kessler?  It’s not a problem, because the athlete comes out way better afterward.  

I need to find my scotch.  Mrs. Alf hid the bottle.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1