The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Interesting that while Boeser continues to round into form this year, his per game goal and assist production through his 20 games is almost identical to that he had through his 62 games last year.    Also interesting that to this point in this season, he now has 82 games in the NHL (no counting his speed dating session at the end of his last NCAA year).

IF you could tack on this 20 games this year, his 82 games are 38 goals and 34 assists.   Not too shabby for a 21 year old who has less than two full NHL seasons in the tank.   That, in today's NHL, is top tier production and one can see this only improving if he can continue to grow with either EP40 or Horvat.    

I was too lazy to look that stuff up, but, very impressive indeed. In between two injuries, one being considered "major", and to be able to put up those numbers. I like how he is trending.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

I was too lazy to look that stuff up, but, very impressive indeed. In between two injuries, one being considered "major", and to be able to put up those numbers. I like how he is trending.

Hockey is a rough game, and injuries are inevitable.  To see Brock, Bo, and Pete (his concussion) come back from injuries and be top players still, shows they have resiliency.  These three will lead us to more than 2 Cups over the next decade.    

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hockey is a rough game, and injuries are inevitable.  To see Brock, Bo, and Pete (his concussion) come back from injuries and be top players still, shows they have resiliency.  These three will lead us to more than 2 Cups over the next decade.    

VERY few players today go injury free for more than a season or three.    Some guys are luckier than others but pretty much every elite player has their time in the medical room.      

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

VERY few players today go injury free for more than a season or three.    Some guys are luckier than others but pretty much every elite player has their time in the medical room.      

JB is building a stable of top-notch young talent.  When one or two are injured, then there are others to take on the leadership, and scoring.  

After watching the Brock doc. it feels like Boeser and Pettersson almost makes up for the nearly 50 years of Jason Herter picks this franchise has made lol.  But seriously how did he slip to 23?  6 goals in 5 game in the IH tourney leading up to the draft, and all you had to do was spend 1min talking to any coach/friend/relative to see what a good character guy he was, I don't get it. 

And let's all give props to Boeser's mom.  "If Brock broke another stick you just picked up another shift." 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

After watching the Brock doc. it feels like Boeser and Pettersson almost makes up for the nearly 50 years of Jason Herter picks this franchise has made lol.  But seriously how did he slip to 23?  6 goals in 5 game in the IH tourney leading up to the draft, and all you had to do was spend 1min talking to any coach/friend/relative to see what a good character guy he was, I don't get it. 

And let's all give props to Boeser's mom.  "If Brock broke another stick you just picked up another shift." 

At least partially, we can thank Boston. 

May have f'd us in 2011 but we likely have then to thank for Boeser. And who knows, hopefully Boeser helps lead us to future cups. 

tenor.gif

• Upvote 2

Now there's that Brett Hull 2.0 shot I was hoping for before he ever suited up for the Canucks(got to be in this thread somewhere:lol:).  Can't believe that was his first PP goal since Valentines Day of last year. 

6 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Just watched that video of Brock and Baylee. This man really is a class act. What a great guy. Lock him up forever. :( We have so many great character guys on this team and Brock really seems like a genuinely good person. 

Just watching it again.  The look on his Dad’s face when his name is called at the draft.  

Just watched building brock, kid is a stud. With boeser, petterson, horvat, virtanen as our young forward core then sprinkle in goldobin and leivo and gaudette man the future is bright! Really hoping we draft byram with our first to go along with hughes and juolevi and hopefully woo and brisebois. This could be one hell of a team in a couple years.

Brock knocking on the door of top 100 all-time Canuck scoring with his 3 points tonight.

100.  Steve Tambellini LW 161 42 45 87
101.  Brock Boeser RW 94 45 38 83
102.  Dan Quinn C 101 34 49 83
103.  Michel Petit D 226 24 57 81