The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

6 minutes ago, NameFaker said:

So there was something interesting I noted in that all-access video posted with Prust showing the plane off. Baer's response to the video - he looks at Prust for a sliver of a second before casting his eyes away, his face growing beet-red as he brings up his hand to conceal his face from Prust and the camera. Wasn't a poker moment for him - I can't read it as anything specific, but what it did tell me is that the kid is intensely sensitive. I think it's important to note he was also sitting on his own, not with the other players. Seemed to be a level of alienation at work - not sure how much. I'm curious whether the research Gaunce and Demko have done in college on psychology helps them, and I wonder if it could help a player like Baer, too.

On the note of Demko, I'm stoked he's studying psychology and philosophy (I'm a philosophy major with major biases)

Would you say it's his own personal alienation from the rest of team? It's an interesting thought and would make sense given how quiet his is. I could relate somewhat actually as I tend to be a quiet type and people often look shocked whenever I do anything musically inclined. 

I really hope the kid develops into his potential which seems through the roof. At least we're seeing progress.

46 minutes ago, NameFaker said:

So there was something interesting I noted in that all-access video posted with Prust showing the plane off. Baer's response to the video - he looks at Prust for a sliver of a second before casting his eyes away, his face growing beet-red as he brings up his hand to conceal his face from Prust and the camera. Wasn't a poker moment for him - I can't read it as anything specific, but what it did tell me is that the kid is intensely sensitive. I think it's important to note he was also sitting on his own, not with the other players. Seemed to be a level of alienation at work - not sure how much. I'm curious whether the research Gaunce and Demko have done in college on psychology helps them, and I wonder if it could help a player like Baer, too.

On the note of Demko, I'm stoked he's studying psychology and philosophy (I'm a philosophy major with major biases)

hate to burst your bubble but he's probably only taking psychology because he needs to take classes, not just play hockey

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NameFaker said:

YES WE FINALLY GOT ARE NEW FACIAL EXPRESSIONS Evaluation

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, KeslerBEAST said:

hate to burst your bubble but he's probably only taking psychology because he needs to take classes, not just play hockey

Doesn't really matter why he's taking them to be honest. The psychology courses can still come in handy for him mentally in the future.

2 hours ago, Cowardrobertford said:

After the scorers we have drafted, we also need to have them playmakers as well. I see here people think just because a player scores goals, he automatically increases goal scoring, where as to me playmakers are more valuable as they are the reason the goal happens; the set it up.

McCann's historically known as a playmaker and Horvat has those faceoffs down pat. Baer is also considered a playmaker. I'm thinking we'll be fine in that regard. ;)

Edited by The Lock