The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

2 hours ago, WTG said:

I do feel he's better than Virtanen having watched both.

I have no idea what the plan is next year. Maybe the canucks will sign him or maybe they'll keep him in the UND system. I wouldn't be against signing him at the end of the season if he keeps it up.

Honestly, he should be kept in the UND system. 

UND has been very solid at developing players and Benning doesn't have to rush him into the NHL like he did with JV. 

Patience is the key. It'd be a shame to screw with Boeser's development.

12 minutes ago, BanTSN said:

Kopitar was quite a bit better of a prospect though than Shinkaruk.  It tends to work out only one way for this team.

Shinkaruk was a better prospect than Thoedore at the draft. That is why Shinkaruk got picked before Theodore. Just because Theodore turned out better doesn't make the Shinkaruk pick a bad one.

3 minutes ago, WTG said:

Shinkaruk was a better prospect than Thoedore at the draft. That is why Shinkaruk got picked before Theodore. Just because Theodore turned out better doesn't make the Shinkaruk pick a bad one.

Define "turned out better".

Neither has played in the NHL full time yet, so as far as I'm concerned nothing has been decided.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Define "turned out better".

Neither has played in the NHL full time yet, so as far as I'm concerned nothing has been decided.

Shinkaruk when drafted was considered the better prospect. Now Theodore is considered a better prospect.

Just now, WTG said:

Shinkaruk when drafted was considered the better prospect. Now Theodore is considered a better prospect.

Exactly. And Shinkaruk may be the better prospect next year.

Until either make the NHL it doesn't really matter how good a prospect they are. Our goal should be to develop full time NHLers not just good prospects.

36 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly. And Shinkaruk may be the better prospect next year.

Until either make the NHL it doesn't really matter how good a prospect they are. Our goal should be to develop full time NHLers not just good prospects.

Are you responding to me or BanTSN?