The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

At least we're safe from any offer sheets that would have come in. This is actually a benefit from Boeser playing less than 10 games at the end of his first year.

So to anyone who complained about us signing him and bringing him in at the end of the season like we did: it's benefiting us right now. ;)

It is almost like Benning planned it that way, isn't it? :)

• Cheers 4

On 7/2/2019 at 1:55 PM, bree2 said:

I have no worries about Boeser, getting 25 or 30 goals , I do have a problem with Benning signing Motte before Bess, after all he is the more important player and we have more forwards than we need right now.  

Motte was an easy negotiation and was signed probably even a bit below value for that type of player so there was really no drama or concern.   He is a legit NHL forward and an asset whether in the house or moved and at his contract price, lots would be interested.   Boeser is a far more complex issue and is one of about 10 to 20 players his age in the league that can do what he does and so makes it a more  unique situation.   Neither the Canucks nor the Boeser team want to rush things.   Think of the Horvat signing timing - that is more the norm.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 7/2/2019 at 10:55 PM, bree2 said:

I have no worries about Boeser, getting 25 or 30 goals , I do have a problem with Benning signing Motte before Bess, after all he is the more important player and we have more forwards than we need right now.  

Why should he wait w/ other contract extension, only because BB hasn't signed yet?! Maybe he should've wait to sign FA, because of BB.

ryan reynolds facepalm GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Cue the posts stating that if JB doesn't give Brock whatever he wants, he is incompetent, and the other posts saying that if Brock doesn't accept whatever JB offers, he is greedy and disloyal. Lol.

Our fans are toxic.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Cue the posts stating that if JB doesn't give Brock whatever he wants, he is incompetent, and the other posts saying that if Brock doesn't accept whatever JB offers, he is greedy and disloyal. Lol.

Why not just cue the posts of "I hope JB gets a good fair deal done with Brock".

Don't egg on the negative nellies!!

9 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Why not just cue the posts of "I hope JB gets a good fair deal done with Brock".

Don't egg on the negative nellies!!

I am pretty sure that my post is more likely to reduce the negative posts rather than egging them on, by pointing out how stupid it would be to vilify either side for negotiating rather than just capitulating. Even "realistic fans" are reluctant to subject themselves to ridicule.

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Ben Kuzma on TSN 1040 just now said that the sticking point that seems to be contentious between Benning and Boeser's party is the salary.  Boeser's camp wants 7mil aav.  They don't care about the term.

If that's true, then Dhaliwal's tweet may be correct. The two sides are probably edging closer together, but so far neither one is willing to "budge", by which I guess he means capitulate/accept the other side's latest offer.

Also if this is true about the term and price, then I expect to see a long term contract, probably about 7 years x about $7M.