The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

58 minutes ago, goog16 said:

We heard that about a month ago as well and it was false at the time. I'm not giving it much credibility. Everything we've heard from our primary sources (Brock, his agent, and Benning) suggest it's a slow process, but things are trending in the right direction.

• Upvote 2

long term deals is hard to make it happen on both ends. Brock is brilliant prospect but still has some ways to go to be in the 9-10 million range. we will see how things turn out but hes a first line player and should be Peteys partner for many years to come. 

16 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I don't know why anyone is worrying. We have another 2 months. Horvat took awhile to sign too.

Sometimes deals take longer to make, especially when both parties know there is no real rush and the player wants to stay.

Agreed. If I recall correctly, Horvat wasn't re-signed until August.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I don't know why anyone is worrying. We have another 2 months. Horvat took awhile to sign too.

Sometimes deals take longer to make, especially when both parties know there is no real rush and the player wants to stay.

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Agreed. If I recall correctly, Horvat wasn't re-signed until August.

I think the problem is most us fans just see the cap dollars and the hard figures. Breakdowns of what he gets each year. But that is just the simple break down. You start going into performance bonuses, and all the other nuances of the contract there is so much fine detail the player, agent, and team have to settle on. I’ve been part of some large business transactions in my career, and have controlled and executed job plans with budgets well north of 10 million. I can tell you nothing is that simple when the money gets that big or bigger. So many moving parts have to be considered.

We just aren’t privy to the fine details so we rattle on like we think we know better...but we don’t lol. He’ll get a new contract and we can all calm down. You guys are both correct, it all takes time!

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I think the problem is most us fans just see the cap dollars and the hard figures. Breakdowns of what he gets each year. But that is just the simple break down. You start going into performance bonuses, and all the other nuances of the contract there is so much fine detail the player, agent, and team have to settle on. I’ve been part of some large business transactions in my career, and have controlled and executed job plans with budgets well north of 10 million. I can tell you nothing is that simple when the money gets that big or bigger. So many moving parts have to be considered.

We just aren’t privy to the fine details so we rattle on like we think we know better...but we don’t lol. He’ll get a new contract and we can all calm down. You guys are both correct, it all takes time!

I'm even more not surprised because if you follow Brock's Instagram, he's done nothing but have fun at his lake house this summer. Surfing, boating, etc all those lake activities with all his buddies there. He even had Stecher there for a bit and others. He probably hasn't talked contract too much with his agent just yet.

• Cheers 3

13 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

But...but....he's clearly asking for a trade to Minnesota and will take Stecher with him!

I think the majority of the noise is generated by media types looking for clicks and traffic. They know that things have slowed down now with free agency and the draft in the rearview mirror, so the next move is to examine all the RFAs and speculate, speculate, SPECULATE!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:59 AM, Mrwipeout said:

long term deals is hard to make it happen on both ends. Brock is brilliant prospect but still has some ways to go to be in the 9-10 million range. we will see how things turn out but hes a first line player and should be Peteys partner for many years to come. 

Brock ain't no prospect, sucka.

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

But...but....he's clearly asking for a trade to Minnesota and will take Stecher with him!

I think the majority of the noise is generated by media types looking for clicks and traffic. They know that things have slowed down now with free agency and the draft in the rearview mirror, so the next move is to examine all the RFAs and speculate, speculate, SPECULATE!

Keeping the propaganda machine rolling, I like your madness sir haha.

• Cheers 1