Sign in to follow this  
thejazz97

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Eklund is full of (expletive deleted).

Yes but often what he says is scooped from someone else, like TSN, etc. So I'm hoping this is the case.

4 minutes ago, aliboy said:

Yes but often what he says is scooped from someone else, like TSN, etc. So I'm hoping this is the case.

Eklund! :sick:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, aliboy said:

He scoops whatever he can fit in a bag and throw at the wall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/26/2019 at 12:57 PM, Pure961089 said:

Boeser Games: 140,  Goals:  59,  Assists: 57,   Points = 116 (career)

82 Game Average/  Goals: 34.5,  Assists: 33.3, Points = 68/82

Laine Games: 237,  Goals: 110, Assists: 74, Points = 184 (career)

82 Game Average/  Goals: 38,  Assists: 25, Points = 63/82

You forgot the important stuff:

Boeser - looks like he came out of Hollywood and takes gifted kid to prom

Laine - could play Bond villian and cares more about Fortnite (including Canucks ban) than showing up for playoffs

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2019 at 12:57 PM, Pure961089 said:

Boeser Games: 140,  Goals:  59,  Assists: 57,   Points = 116 (career)

82 Game Average/  Goals: 34.5,  Assists: 33.3, Points = 68/82

Laine Games: 237,  Goals: 110, Assists: 74, Points = 184 (career)

82 Game Average/  Goals: 38,  Assists: 25, Points = 63/82

Brock Boeser

image.png.f99bccdc14d8230603bd9ed68e9ba6cb.png

William Karlsson - Center - 8 x $5.9MM - UFA

image.png.8f897f6046a60bec16e5bff13a1c0340.png

Add to this the Kapanen and Johnsson contracts.  These help hopefully.

Edited by Borvat

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Borvat said:

Brock Boeser

image.png.f99bccdc14d8230603bd9ed68e9ba6cb.png

William Karlsson - Center - 8 x $5.9MM - UFA

image.png.8f897f6046a60bec16e5bff13a1c0340.png

Add to this the Kapanen and Johnsson contracts.  These help hopefully.

What a drop off in Karlsson.  Scores 43 goals, signs a big 8 year deal, follows that up with 24 goals.  Edit: Never mind. Saw Karlsson just signed his 8 year deal.  Boeser is 4 years younger though.  Hopefully he’s no more that $6 mill for 6 years.  

Edited by Pure961089

Karlsson is a great player and that was an excellent contract. I hope Boeser looks at what he signed for along with Toronto's contracts from today. 

It would be great to lock him down long term for an affordable price. 

I would have been happy for Benning to get Boeser signed now , instead of over the summer like he said today

33 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Kind of what I would expect. It's a busy week and might as well focus on that stuff when you have more time to attend to it I would imagine.

• Upvote 1

There's no rush, so why should they? They'll get something done.

Some may be expecing it to be north of $7, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Benning pull off something like $6.5 x 5. That'll take Brock to 28 years old, and then he'll really get paid. I wonder about his body of work so far. He's only played 140 NHL games, but has huge potential. Unfortunately for him, he was injured a couple of times, and that affected his two seasons. What is his health going forward? He is not a point-a-game player and hasn't scored 30 goals in the NHL (yet), so is that worth $7 or more? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have no worries about Boeser, getting 25 or 30 goals , I do have a problem with Benning signing Motte before Bess, after all he is the more important player and we have more forwards than we need right now.  

3 hours ago, bree2 said:

I have no worries about Boeser, getting 25 or 30 goals , I do have a problem with Benning signing Motte before Bess, after all he is the more important player and we have more forwards than we need right now.  

Benning probably had a staffer draw up the papers for Motte.  A take it or leave it offer.  So I wouldn't be that concerned that Motte got a deal done before Boeser.  Boeser next contract is probably more complicated with some negotiating from both sides. 

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, bree2 said:

I don't really think it matters who gets signed first. Cap space is clearly not an issue right now so if one player agrees before the other than sign that player. Why make him wait? I just don't see how that would be fair to Motte. I don't even see how that would be fair to Boeser since then there's the extra pressure to force a resigning.

Extreme example: should anyone else Toronto had to sign last year have had to wait until December to sign since they'd have to wait that long for Nylander? ;)

Edited by The Lock
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

we have just over 7.5 mil left in cap space and 25 players, signed already, with only allowed 23, with Goldy , Leivo, and Boeser to sign

23 minutes ago, bree2 said:

we have just over 7.5 mil left in cap space and 25 players, signed already, with only allowed 23, with Goldy , Leivo, and Boeser to sign

I would be worried if the Canucks were still over the cap come the deadline for finalizing the roster but there is a lot of summer for moves to be made and I think there is a good chance that Schaller, Eriksson, Biega and maybe others could be either traded or failing that; put on waivers before the season starts. There is no problem with signing Boeser right now to a deal that would put the team over the Cap for the time being. One only has to look at the Vegas situation to see that as their projected salary right now is 84.175 million or about 3 mill over the limit. They also have some trimming to do this summer.

• Upvote 1