thejazz97

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, bree2 said:

we have just over 7.5 mil left in cap space and 25 players, signed already, with only allowed 23, with Goldy , Leivo, and Boeser to sign

There's a lot of summer left, not even considering that only a certain number of those contracts will be on the opening night roster counting towards that cap, so even now it's more than 7.5mil in cap space and signing a couple of other contracts might not really have much of an effect on that. (Unless if I am just totally mistaken about how contracts work, which is possible)

Also keep in mind there are rumours of Tanev and (more than rumours of) Eriksson being actively shopped.

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 1

On 6/28/2019 at 8:30 AM, aliboy said:

Eklund saying deal is close, I hope he got it/heard it from a reliable source, meaning someone at TSN, etc.

Eklund hasn't been relevant for many years. And I'm glad. The guy was a poser insider that siphoned money from people stupid enough to pay him for his 'inside info'. His posts were always cryptic as if he was a disreputable car salesman. He also embarrassed himself on TV by being an 'insider'. He didn't get one deal right, as far as I remember on Sportsnet. LOLOLOL.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

At least we're safe from any offer sheets that would have come in. This is actually a benefit from Boeser playing less than 10 games at the end of his first year.

So to anyone who complained about us signing him and bringing him in at the end of the season like we did: it's benefiting us right now. ;)

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

At least we're safe from any offer sheets that would have come in. This is actually a benefit from Boeser playing less than 10 games at the end of his first year.

So to anyone who complained about us signing him and bringing him in at the end of the season like we did: it's benefiting us right now. ;)

It is almost like Benning planned it that way, isn't it? :)

• Hydration 4

2 hours ago, gurn said:

It is almost like Benning planned it that way, isn't it? :)

And the exact same thing will be the case with Hughes, and Gaudette. Imagine that! ;)

• Hydration 3
  • Upvote 1

Hmmm, don't think it was legit.  Looked a bit further into it.  Time will tell I guess.  Sorry folks...WAITING FOR ANYTHING HERE.

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2019 at 1:55 PM, bree2 said:

I have no worries about Boeser, getting 25 or 30 goals , I do have a problem with Benning signing Motte before Bess, after all he is the more important player and we have more forwards than we need right now.  

Motte was an easy negotiation and was signed probably even a bit below value for that type of player so there was really no drama or concern.   He is a legit NHL forward and an asset whether in the house or moved and at his contract price, lots would be interested.   Boeser is a far more complex issue and is one of about 10 to 20 players his age in the league that can do what he does and so makes it a more  unique situation.   Neither the Canucks nor the Boeser team want to rush things.   Think of the Horvat signing timing - that is more the norm.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 7/2/2019 at 10:55 PM, bree2 said:

I have no worries about Boeser, getting 25 or 30 goals , I do have a problem with Benning signing Motte before Bess, after all he is the more important player and we have more forwards than we need right now.  

Why should he wait w/ other contract extension, only because BB hasn't signed yet?! Maybe he should've wait to sign FA, because of BB.

ryan reynolds facepalm GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Cue the posts stating that if JB doesn't give Brock whatever he wants, he is incompetent, and the other posts saying that if Brock doesn't accept whatever JB offers, he is greedy and disloyal. Lol.

Our fans are toxic.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So maybe Mr. Dhaliwal can explain to his  "followers" how the team and Brock are getting closer to a deal if "neither side is budging"?:unsure::picard::rolleyes:

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Our fans are toxic.

I wouldn't really say that. The "realistic fans" are toxic, but I wouldn't say the same about the Canucks fans.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Cue the posts stating that if JB doesn't give Brock whatever he wants, he is incompetent, and the other posts saying that if Brock doesn't accept whatever JB offers, he is greedy and disloyal. Lol.

Why not just cue the posts of "I hope JB gets a good fair deal done with Brock".

Don't egg on the negative nellies!!