The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 hour ago, redhdlois said:

Journal entry by Laurie Boeser — 57 minutes ago

Duke has had a couple of positive days. He is resting better at night, his lungs are improving (pneumonia), he has his eyes open a lot and appears to be a bit more aware of his surroundings.  He has been sitting up in a recliner for a couple of hours each day.  He’s doing periodic trials throughout the day where he breathes mostly on his own (ventilator settings turned down).  Because he still has delirium, the Drs suggested a tracheotomy instead of taking him off the vent completely.  He needs to be alert and consistently able to follow directions in order to remove the ventilator.  He’s not quite there yet.  Therefore, he will be having a trach procedure on Monday.  This will get the tube out of his throat and help him be more comfortable.  Hopefully then he can get off the sedation which has been required due to coughing spasms from the pneumonia and/or from the sensation of the tube.  He also restarted his cancer med today.  So we feel thankful for these positive steps. He still has fight left in him!  So we ask for prayers for his surgery on Monday and for his cancer med to get busy and zap those nasty cells.  We look forward to each and every day with Duke, Dad, and Grandpa!  God bless him and keep him safe (he used to say that to our kids at bedtime).  And our continued thanks for the many ways that people are helping us.  ❤️

Thanks for updates redhdlois 

• Cheers 1

Some details from Kuzma:

Ben Hankinson obviously believes his client ranks with many RFA peers, especially if you pro-rate Boeser’s 56 points in 69 games last season over a full campaign. That would amount to 66 points and aligns him with Timo Meier of the San Jose Sharks, who on July 1 agreed to a four-year, $24 million extension with the San Jose Sharks.

It’s also the same pro-rated point total to match RFA winger Kyle Connor, who like RFA teammate Patrik Laine, hasn’t reached terms with the Winnipeg Jets.

“Those are some of the names we’ve used,” Canucks general manager Jim Benning said of Meier and Connor comparisons. “They (Boeser’s camp) have been reasonable and we’re continuing to talk to get to some common ground. I’m hopeful to get something done before camp, but we’re not there yet.”

The only devil might be in the details.

Hankinson has an appetite for a four-year extension at $7 million annually because today’s elite players are outperforming longer commitments. Meier’s contract is backloaded to give the Sharks an initial break on actual annual salary, but not later.

The deal calls for $4 million in each of the first two years, then $6 million and a whopping $10 million in the final season. And because Meier would still be a RFA when the contract expires, the qualifying offer would be that $10 million.

That obviously works in the player’s favour, whether he’s having a good, bad or injury-plagued season, and the only clawback for the Sharks would be team-requested arbitration in an attempt to reduce the QO by 20 per cent.

“That scares me a bit,” said Benning because Boeser would also be a RFA after a four-year deal.

Benning prefers the salary structure of Bo Horvat’s six-year, $33 million extension — $6.5 million in the first year followed by $7M, $5.7M, $3.5M, $5.7M and $4.4M — that the centre signed just before training camp on Sept. 8, 2017.

In four years, Benning will also have big-ticket salaries on the books in Elias Pettersson and Quinn Hughes and it will also be the last year of Horvat’s extension.

“We’re looking at all of our options and are talking what long and short deals look like,” said Benning, knowing a longer deal would buy free-agency years on Boeser.

• Thanks 1

Canucks turned down a trade with the NJ Devils that included Boeser and Pavel Zacha?  I think Ecklund's promoting his own fake sports rumours....

" On Boeser...

The Canucks may have turned down a deal with the Devils I am told..That deal would have included Pavel Zacha....I feel Boeser stays and signs...but offers continue to come in... "

https://hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/RFA-Update-Marner-Laine-Boeser-Zacha-Perlini-GardinerWeds-Buzz/1/101137

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

Canucks turned down a trade with the NJ Devils that included Boeser and Pavel Zacha?  I think Ecklund's promoting his own fake sports rumours....

" On Boeser...

The Canucks may have turned down a deal with the Devils I am told..That deal would have included Pavel Zacha....I feel Boeser stays and signs...but offers continue to come in... "

https://hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/RFA-Update-Marner-Laine-Boeser-Zacha-Perlini-GardinerWeds-Buzz/1/101137

5E1ADD2B-CEFE-4A4C-9AC3-295F6D439E94.gif

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2019 at 4:19 PM, ItsAllOursBoys said:

" On Boeser...

Eklund is full of $&!#. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Anyone see the Athletic article posted this morning?  Not sure I can post it here but in a nutshell, Brock's agent and Benning talked this week and they "are not close" with the contract talks.  Brock does not want to miss training camp, but wants "a fair contract".

It will obviously be excruciating for him to leave his family behind when he does leave.  He plans on bringing his Minnesota buddies to Van alot throughout the season to keep him company. Hmmm...

Good news is that Duke is getting better. 

3 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Anyone see the Athletic article posted this morning?  Not sure I can post it here but in a nutshell, Brock's agent and Benning talked this week and they "are not close" with the contract talks.  Brock does not want to miss training camp, but wants "a fair contract".

It will obviously be excruciating for him to leave his family behind when he does leave.  He plans on bringing his Minnesota buddies to Van alot throughout the season to keep him company. Hmmm...

I don’t believe Brock is involved in the contract talks.  At this point it’s his agent negotiating and making all public comments.  

Brock is a very young sniper.  He’s on the wing of an even young Petey, who is the best assist man (for his age) on the planet.  

Brock will sign here.

Good news about his dad improving.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Any player opting OUT instead of IN with Petey (Quinn, Bo, Marky/Demko, Stech, etc., etc.) as their teammates has to be careful what they wish for.   There are a lot of destinations less desirable than Van right now...both in roster and city livability.  A fast young team that the door's wide open for has to hold some appeal and intrigue.

Brock's a good guy and, while securing his future is important, he's also got substance and knows what playing here is all about.  A good group of guys both on and off the ice, I'm sure there is already a bit of a brotherhood that he'd be giving up on to go to an unknown.  He's got a support system already in place here and this team (in as far as management too) IS super supportive in times of trial and tribulation and in helping players get through difficult times.  

This team is being built on quality individuals with a solid work ethic and the future is bright ... to walk away from that for money could be short sighted.  The ultimate goal is a cup and that's where we're heading.  

Come on home, Brock.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

wo i am guessing JD BURKE wrote this

• Haha 1