The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On 8/28/2019 at 4:19 PM, ItsAllOursBoys said:

Canucks turned down a trade with the NJ Devils that included Boeser and Pavel Zacha?  I think Ecklund's promoting his own fake sports rumours....

" On Boeser...

The Canucks may have turned down a deal with the Devils I am told..That deal would have included Pavel Zacha....I feel Boeser stays and signs...but offers continue to come in... "

https://hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/RFA-Update-Marner-Laine-Boeser-Zacha-Perlini-GardinerWeds-Buzz/1/101137

Weasel word "may"

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

Weasel word "may"

Also important:   "I am told.....BY (names source here__________)".  That little bird that pooped on his/her deck doesn't count, nor does that sudden urge to generate readers through speculation.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Raspberries said:

Anyone see the Athletic article posted this morning?  Not sure I can post it here but in a nutshell, Brock's agent and Benning talked this week and they "are not close" with the contract talks.  Brock does not want to miss training camp, but wants "a fair contract".

It will obviously be excruciating for him to leave his family behind when he does leave.  He plans on bringing his Minnesota buddies to Van alot throughout the season to keep him company. Hmmm...

Good news is that Duke is getting better. 

Haha...."fair".

I wonder what the 22 year old kid thinks is not fair....6 million a year?  Haha....good god these poisonous agents all need to be put into a big hole and covered up with concrete. The greed is disgusting.  Although the greed is disgusting on the other side too....with the billionaire owners.....everything is so out of whack. :picard:

• Upvote 2

On 8/30/2019 at 11:46 AM, Kanukfanatic said:

Haha...."fair".

I wonder what the 22 year old kid thinks is not fair....6 million a year?  Haha....good god these poisonous agents all need to be put into a big hole and covered up with concrete. The greed is disgusting.  Although the greed is disgusting on the other side too....with the billionaire owners.....everything is so out of whack. :picard:

It is the owners that put a throttle on the salaries of the players, and the fans put a throttle on the salaries paid by the owners - when they can no longer afford to attend the games. The proximate thing that the GM has to have his eye on is the salary cap.  In order to ice a team it has to fit under the cap.

On 8/30/2019 at 9:16 AM, debluvscanucks said:

Any player opting OUT instead of IN with Petey (Quinn, Bo, Marky/Demko, Stech, etc., etc.) as their teammates has to be careful what they wish for.   There are a lot of destinations less desirable than Van right now...both in roster and city livability.  A fast young team that the door's wide open for has to hold some appeal and intrigue.

Brock's a good guy and, while securing his future is important, he's also got substance and knows what playing here is all about.  A good group of guys both on and off the ice, I'm sure there is already a bit of a brotherhood that he'd be giving up on to go to an unknown.  He's got a support system already in place here and this team (in as far as management too) IS super supportive in times of trial and tribulation and in helping players get through difficult times.  

This team is being built on quality individuals with a solid work ethic and the future is bright ... to walk away from that for money could be short sighted.  The ultimate goal is a cup and that's where we're heading.  

Come on home, Brock.

I agree but I would bet my car that Brock's cap hit is over 5.5

Just read an article by THN called Beauty and the Beast - they used him to announce their annual 25th best players by position which he ranked 8th best R winger in the league right now.  It covered his diet and workouts, how he’s in the best shape of his life and how his injuries have made him a better pro.  

And he’s just behind Rantanen, ahead of Kessel, Arviddson, Pavelski, Dadanov, Meir, Atkinson, Tarasenko, Laine and way down the list at 22 Nylander.

A few months ago I suggested we lock him up at 7.5 x 8 the exact same deal as Tarasenko and many felt it was too much ...doubt that’s the case now.   He’s one of a few Canucks we’ve ever had that could get 400 goals in his career...sign the guy already - the longer the better and curb a bum or two if we need too, it’s not like we don’t have a few extra anyways if that’s what we need to do to get him his money.   It makes me a little sick to the stomach that with Keller’s recent deal and things like this coming out (ammo for his camp) that JB is dragging his heels on this deal - and yes I get the current RFA situation.   Things haven’t gotten better for waiting - just do it already.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Laheys Liquor said:

Agree with posters suggesting a longer term deal. Lock him up. Its 99.9% chance that the deal will look like a steal 2 or 3 years into it. Plus cap goes up 2-3 M a year.
Max length $7-8M. Whatever it takes, I think we should lock him up. 

That would be wise, imagine if Bo signed a sorter bridge deal and needed a new deal this past off season, with arbitration rights...Guess we would have been freed from 1 of edler or Myers contract if that was the case