The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

That would be wise, imagine if Bo signed a sorter bridge deal and needed a new deal this past off season, with arbitration rights...Guess we would have been freed from 1 of edler or Myers contract if that was the case

Yep exactly. Bo's contract looks like a steal atm. Boeser if signed long term will look like a steal as soon as next season. Crossing my fingers

2 hours ago, Laheys Liquor said:

Agree with posters suggesting a longer term deal. Lock him up. Its 99.9% chance that the deal will look like a steal 2 or 3 years into it. Plus cap goes up 2-3 M a year.
Max length $7-8M. Whatever it takes, I think we should lock him up. 

There is the problem of the cap though. I think if he were signed for $8M, we'd need to move some players off the team to make room for his cap hit from what I recall.

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

There is the problem of the cap though. I think if he were signed for $8M, we'd need to move some players off the team to make room for his cap hit from what I recall.

True, but we do need to get rid of an overpriced guy like Sutter. He could be replaced for far less, or you know...use that 3m guy named Beagle for D zone draws and let Gaud do his thing.

Offensive minded C- Elias and Gaud. Defensive minded 1st C- Beagle and the 2 way guy Bo

Sutter and his over 4m cap hit needs to go, schaller and Loui need to go to utica and buring 2m combined for them. Maybe that PTO Ferraro beats them out and signs league minimum as the 13th forward for now and then gets waived when Roussel is back?

20 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Just tried on capfriendly, if send down Loui, Schaller and Biega and have Rousell on LTIR with Boeser signed @ $8M per for 8 years there is still ~$2.1 M in space, once Rousell comes back we would be over by ~$900k, sending down Goldobin or Motte would give us enough space, although it would be better as you said to move some contracts. 

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

Just tried on capfriendly, if send down Loui, Schaller and Biega and have Rousell on LTIR with Boeser signed @ $8M per for 8 years there is still ~$2.1 M in space, once Rousell comes back we would be over by ~$900k, sending down Goldobin or Motte would give us enough space, although it would be better as you said to move some contracts. 

it gets calculated on a daily basis tho so even some paper transactions could be enough to make it work. Add to it some inevitable injuries and call ups. 

You can see how it worked on a day to day basis last year: https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks/cap-tracker

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hearing on 650 that the Canucks have presented a new offer ("best one yet") and the sides are now discussing.  Fingers crossed this gets done sooner rather than later.

I hope its long term, Brocks a keeper. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

come on Boeser, don't be a Nylander, the Canucks need you at camp!  it would be nice if Benning would keep the fans informed

Benning keeps the fans as informed as he needs to keep them. Being transparent about how negotiations are going doesn't help anyone. Besides, most fans are seemingly incapable of taking said information and just accepting it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3