The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

I feel like term or the overall money isn't the hold up right now. Just speculating, but I feel Boeser's agent is trying to get the final year at like 9-10 million, which obviously sets Brock up for a 9-10 million a season on a qualifying offer. Assuming it is a deal that doesn't walk him to free agency. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Boeser/his agent wants the exact same contract Timo Meier got, which is the high QO. Obviously the Canucks aren't willing and shouldn't be willing to do that. Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I feel like term or the overall money isn't the hold up right now. Just speculating, but I feel Boeser's agent is trying to get the final year at like 9-10 million, which obviously sets Brock up for a 9-10 million a season on a qualifying offer. Assuming it is a deal that doesn't walk him to free agency. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Boeser/his agent wants the exact same contract Timo Meier got, which is the high QO. Obviously the Canucks aren't willing and shouldn't be willing to do that. Just my 2 cents. 

I say let him sit at home.  Gives others a chance to get ice time and the Canucks time to make choices.  This year more than any other in recent history they have options.  Nothing to do with him.  But I am a Canucks fan and have been since inception.  I cheer for the jersey and not the player when the rubber hits the road.  GO CANUCKS GO!

Edited by Borvat
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Horse poop.

If he wants to sign a long term deal like Keller's 8 year one, he should be falling somewhere around $7.25-$7.5m, which we can fit.

Don't get sucked in to Dhaliwal's hysterics. I remember when Edler was walking too.

We're only a few days away from the start of training camp. I've been preaching patience as much as anyone, but I'll admit I'm a little worried now. I'm sure he'll sign, but I'd hate to see him miss training camp or god forbid the start of the season. What may be even worse is the idea of him signing something like a 2 year bridge that would have him come up at the same time as Pettersson and Hughes. 

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

We're only a few days away from the start of training camp. I've been preaching patience as much as anyone, but I'll admit I'm a little worried now. I'm sure he'll sign, but I'd hate to see him miss training camp or god forbid the start of the season. What may be even worse is the idea of him signing something like a 2 year bridge that would have him come up at the same time as Pettersson and Hughes. 

Worry when we have something to worry about.

Nobody wants him to miss camp or games. Doesn't mean you need to fall victim to the hysteria.

Edited by aGENT

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Horse poop.

If he wants to sign a long term deal like Keller's 8 year one, he should be falling somewhere around $7.25-$7.5m, which we can fit.

Don't get sucked in to Dhaliwal's hysterics. I remember when Edler was walking too.

Exactly. So many come to Dhaliwal’s defense, but the guy has gone from being a reliable source on factual information to just another speculative hack of a blogger. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. So many come to Dhaliwal’s defense, but the guy has gone from being a reliable source on factual information to just another speculative hack of a blogger. 

As I wrote elsewhere, it's not that his sources are 'bad' but he's having trouble separating agent spin ('Not even close! Edler's walking!':frantic:) from reality. They're using him like a whore :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I mean, if we’re judging on a curve based on his reporting of the Edler contract, Boeser will be signed by dinner time.

Edited by HerrDrFunk
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

As I wrote elsewhere, it's not that his sources are 'bad' but he's having trouble separating agent spin ('Not even close! Edler's walking!':frantic:) from reality. They're using him like a whore :lol:

I guess the pull of speculation in the hockey world is far stronger than the want to merely report the facts. 

I hope they at least give him knee pads and are gentle. Hahahaha. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, J-P said:

Love Brock as a player but if he comes in late for the second year in a row and without any real leverage besides holding out, well let him hold out all season long. 

I also like boeser as a player. But hearing about entitled little 21 year old pukes holding out for tens of millions of dollars when they have barely any history showing they can play at a high level for many years to come makes me sick. Most men work hard for their whole lives to feed their families yet these young ego driven guys want to work hard for just over 1 year and then be given tens of millions.....what a broken system. :picard:

I am ok with boeser sitting if he & his agent ask for the moon with limited history to show he can keep playing well. That goes for the other young entitled little millennials in the NHL.

It is partly the fault of the media for making these little men feel like gods with the rest of the blame on their disgustingly greedy lawyer agents. 

Have a seat boeser. The best thing that could happen for this team is if he & his agent hold out and yet the Canucks kick butt well into the season anyway. That would make me smile.

What would also make me smile is if boeser doesn't drink the media cool aid like he is some kind of genius that will save the world and deserves billions......he holds a stick and hits a piece of rubber.  You aren't curing cancer boeser....and neither are other entitled guys playing games for a living lol. And all this comes from a guy who loves the Canucks as much as anyone haha.

--> rant over  ::D

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Looks like those bad contracts to guys like Beagle, Sutter and Eriksson are finally coming back to bite us. The Luongo recapture too, but we knew that was coming for quite a while. 

The problem isn't those contracts. The problem is young guys and there greasy lawyer agents being greedy and wanting tens of millions before their 'clients' have barely shown they can play at a high level consistently. The nhl system for pay is broken.

Edit: because even if the Canucks had tons of room....giving boeser too much too soon would be doing exactly what you say put us in this situation....giving guys too much money. The beagle sutter eriksson contracts have nothing to do with the 21 year old asking for everything 1.5 years into his career.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

You want boeser to sign a reasonable contract?

Make the Canuck 1st line to start the season:

Ferland  Pettersson  JT Miller

Watch Ferland and Miller light it up and score often because they have a superstar playing with them. Then we would just need Baer to play well with Horvat and Pearson. The team would still score more than with boeser in the line up the last 1.5 years.

Then watch boeser slap his greedy lawyer and tell him to sign a reasonable contract.

That would be awesome lol.

:towel:

• Cheers 2

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

The problem isn't those contracts. The problem is young guys and there greasy lawyer agents being greedy and wanting tens of millions before their 'clients' have barely shown they can play at a high level consistently. The nhl system for pay is broken.

A player is worth whatever a team is willing to pay him. If Benning doesn't think Boeser is worth what he's asking, then fine, trade his rights or let him sit out, but I'd be willing to bet good money that some other team would be willing to pay Boeser what he's asking for. It's market value, which is the only real way to determine a players dollar value. Every other standard of value is subjective and arbitrary. 

• Upvote 1