Sign in to follow this  
thejazz97

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

This signing will take some time.  There's a lot of high end rfas to be signed and all the managers are waiting for the 1st gm to blink.  After the first contract is signed, the others will follow quickly.

Who are the other RFAs? (Not saying you're wrong, just curious what people see as comparables...)

21 minutes ago, J-P said:

Who are the other RFAs? (Not saying you're wrong, just curious what people see as comparables...)

I believe Marner and Connor are two big names. 

Posted (edited)

And Laine.  Tkachuk in Calgary.

Edited by aliboy

Yeah, good points. I wouldn't see Laine, Tkachuk or (especially) Marner as real comparables, but it's a good point that once those deals start getting done it will set somewhat of a market for the rest.

Boeser's contract is really tricky though as it's not clear what his ceiling is and he has lots of question marks surrounding him. I guess he wants some term and security but otherwise 1-2 years at 5.5 wouldn't be a bad thing IMO.

Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2019 at 12:57 PM, Pure961089 said:

Boeser Games: 140,  Goals:  59,  Assists: 57,   Points = 116 (career)

82 Game Average/  Goals: 34.5,  Assists: 33.3, Points = 68/82

Laine Games: 237,  Goals: 110, Assists: 74, Points = 184 (career)

82 Game Average/  Goals: 38,  Assists: 25, Points = 63/82

Boeser's camp on Laine comparable, I would expect. If he wants $7M per, which I read, I think just sign him.

Edited by aliboy

1 hour ago, J-P said:

The ones mentioned plus Konecky, Point, Rantanen.  They don't have to be of the same value, but they will dictate the value of top end 1st and 2nd line FWs.

17 hours ago, aliboy said:

Boeser's camp on Laine comparable, I would expect. If he wants $7M per, which I read, I think just sign him.

I don't know that Laine is a comparable, although it really depends on whether his past year is an anomaly or is he actually starting a downward trend.  My bet is that the Laine camp are thinking he had an 'off' year and are looking for at least Aho $.

There are already rumours that Laine is ready to sign a contract and play in Finland this season, if the Jets try to lowball him.

I think Brock's comparable is more like Kyle Conner (although KC has played more games than Brock, who has yet to hit the 30g mark).  Speculation is that KC will be in the 7m range + term around 6-7 years.  I suspect that this is Brock's range as well.

15 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I don't know that Laine is a comparable, although it really depends on whether his past year is an anomaly or is he actually starting a downward trend.  My bet is that the Laine camp are thinking he had an 'off' year and are looking for at least Aho $.

There are already rumours that Laine is ready to sign a contract and play in Finland this season, if the Jets try to lowball him.

I think Brock's comparable is more like Kyle Conner (although KC has played more games than Brock, who has yet to hit the 30g mark).  Speculation is that KC will be in the 7m range + term around 6-7 years.  I suspect that this is Brock's range as well.

There is also a rumor that Laine may have a deal with Montreal, but they are trying to put together a trade rather than do the offer sheet. I was thinking up to $7M for Brock, but even if it's a little over I think just get it done, but I understand why they aren't in a hurry.

20 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

42DC4328-22C2-415B-983A-AD6A8F86333E.png

Sh!+.

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

F cancer :angry:

poor Brock, its going to be a rough time for him. Great doc's in Minni tho so hopefully they can get his dad stabie. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, redhdlois said:

42DC4328-22C2-415B-983A-AD6A8F86333E.png

For anyone that might like to contribute., here's the link below. Brock's still on his ELC and medical bills can be pricey, especially in the states. When you factor in taxes, agent fees and other expenses you can understand how Brock and his family might need some help despite their son being in the NHL. 

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/dukeboeser

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

20190730_092230.jpg

6574FBE3-E32F-49A5-B4E4-BBBCA1B5F71F.gif

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1