The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

8 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Vancouver won't do that, ever... More like 4.5-5Mx1 His qualifying offer would be insane for the next season at 6.5M. What if he scores 40+ with 30+ assists? You're looking at 9Mx8Y and Horvat going "Wtf mate"

why would his QO number be "insane"? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

why would his QO number be "insane"? 

Because, if I recall correctly, and I'm known to be wrong, but it has to be a certain percentage higher than his last contract... Its why Ben Hutton wasn't qualified, his QO would have been over 4M and he would have done well in arbitration. Boes would also get arbitration rights, I do believe... Though once again, I could be wrong.

Edited by 5Fivehole0
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Vancouver won't do that, ever... More like 4.5-5Mx1 His qualifying offer would be insane for the next season at 6.5M. What if he scores 40+ with 30+ assists? You're looking at 9Mx8Y and Horvat going "Wtf mate"

Horvat should have already been doing right around the time Kevin Hayes got 7x7 despite never cracking the 50 point mark in his career.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, IRR said:

eIt’s coming from Sekeres, sooooo.....

Lol! 

Keep hoping buddy. They got around 7 mil.   If he wants 8 plus then they are screwed. They went on a signing spree before knowing what they need to sign him for.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Horvat should have already been doing right around the time Kevin Hayes got 7x7 despite never cracking the 50 point mark in his career.

Horvat, Miller, Baertschi, Pearson, Roussel, and hopefully Virtanen make for potentially the leagues best bargain bin middle 6.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Because, if I recall correctly, and I'm known to be wrong, but it has to be a certain percentage higher than his last contract... Its why Ben Hutton wasn't qualified, his QO would have been over 4M and he would have done well in arbitration. Boes would also get arbitration rights, I do believe... Though once again, I could be wrong.

ah OK. I wonder what the number would be that would be acceptable on a 1 year term then? we need a capologist! 

6 minutes ago, appleboy said:

They went on a signing spree before knowing what they need to sign him for.

not sure what the option is if you want to be competitive. You cant sit and wait around to build the rest  the team when you're negotiating with an RFA with no arbitration or offer sheet rights. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

not sure what the option is if you want to be competitive. You cant sit and wait around to build the rest  the team when you're negotiating with an RFA with no arbitration or offer sheet rights. 

Lets see, Ferland or Brock?   Do you want to answer that?     

2 hours ago, appleboy said:

Keep hoping buddy. They got around 7 mil.   If he wants 8 plus then they are screwed. They went on a signing spree before knowing what they need to sign him for.

Luongo's recapture bs.  If not for that nhl beauty, it would just be a matter of waiving Schaller and bingo...8.158m in cap space.

Really caught the Nuck's management team by surprise.  Not that I think BB should be getting 8m though.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Depends whose perspective you're seeing it from - and there's the problem right there.

They BOTH have to go to bat to try and sign "the best" deal - one on behalf of the team, the other, for his client/the player.

It's that cat and mouse game where you have to meet in the middle.  Who gets to decide where that is?  Someone has to give here.  One side can look at comparables in terms of other players' contracts...the other has to consider cap hit and the signing of players down the road.  So they both have valid reasons to take a stand but, unfortunately, it won't get done that way and something's got to give.

I think they try to inch there but it's going to require some leaps at some point as the clock ticks down.  The team has to face forward and hit go soon ... be sad if Brock's left behind in this because I think it will hurt him.  He's missed time already that will impact his numbers and, possibly, his performance and game fitness.  It's one thing to practice...it's another to play night in and out in the NHL.

I agree that it’s a negotiation and that no side is to blame, though, like I said, I think it’s more probable that Boeser is aiming high than vice-versa. It’s not in Benning’s mantra to lowball players; at least not by what we’ve seen so far in his tenure as GM.

Thus, my question is: at what point does this fall on Boeser? If he misses all of camp? If he misses the pre-season games? If he starts missing out on regular season games? I recall that many posters were ripping on Nylander for holding out. Would that not also apply to Brock or is it different for him? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1