The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

2 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Do a 3 year x 7 m deal.... by then Luongo and Ericksson come off and we can revisit him. But let him know that 3rd year deal at most is 8M

His QO would be over 11M. Or does 3 take him to UFA.

IMO 3 years would be closer to 5 than 7

Edited by 5Fivehole0

38 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Maybe JB is working a 3-way deal .......

Brock to Wild, close to family

Wild package to Jets

Laine to Canucks

(or a 3-way involving Wild and Leafs for Marner)

If we don't have money for Brock how would we have money for Laine?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Zero connection between signing Ferland (a tough player which we have needed forever) and boeser holding out for schmillions of dollars.

You are missing the point. Maybe Brock wants to be closer to home. Maybe they realize that this is going  to drag out and end with the possibility of a trade. If you think you might be missing an important piece than you try to prepare for it.

Or, you know that pic of Jim with weird eyes and a stunned look. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, appleboy said:

You are missing the point. Maybe Brock wants to be closer to home. Maybe they realize that this is going  to drag out and end with the possibility of a trade. If you think you might be missing an important piece than you try to prepare for it.

Or, you know that pic of Jim with weird eyes and a stunned look. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

I didn't realize it was a tinfoil hat type of scenario you were making like boeser deciding he did not want to play in Vancouver so early in his career even though he has said he loves it here and loves playing with Pettersson.  And even though Pettersson just joked he was going to drive to Minny to pick up his hockey buddy boeser up if this goes on much longer.

:frantic:

6 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Eh, kind feel like the Boeser camp is forgetting the good faith the Canucks showed to give up a year on his ELC by letting him play, and debut in his home town no less.  And on the topic of 'coming off a back injury' I also like to add he is asking for a lot of money for not having played a full season yet and he showed up to camp over weight last year and was scratched for the first two games(might of been the year before I cannot remember :unsure:).  

Sorry I am with the Canucks on this one.  Boeser is a great player, but unless he shows some durability I think it might be beneficial to trade him if he wants $7+/year and I know that's going to be unpopular here.  

Over weight? Dude was jacked. Made Horvat look small. 

Durability is a question, its why its disappointing because now he's finally healthy with a full summer. I think this negotiation is coming down to the Canucks trying to set up the cap structure. This is the first guy, they can't give in & run into the situation Toronto's in when Pettersson & Hughes are up. Long term 7+ is fine IMO. Short term around 6 would be ideal.

The thinkg that's tricky for the Canucks will be getting a shorter deal that doesn't set his next QO at a massive number, like Meier. 

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Over weight? Dude was jacked. Made Horvat look small. 

Durability is a question, its why its disappointing because now he's finally healthy with a full summer. I think this negotiation is coming down to the Canucks trying to set up the cap structure. This is the first guy, they can't give in & run into the situation Toronto's in when Pettersson & Hughes are up. Long term 7+ is fine IMO. Short term around 6 would be ideal.

The thinkg that's tricky for the Canucks will be getting a shorter deal that doesn't set his next QO at a massive number, like Meier. 

Image result for fat jake virtanen

Literally typed 'Fat Jake Virtanen' in google

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Image result for fat jake virtanen

Literally typed 'Fat Jake Virtanen' in google

You know what would be funny? A keyboard warrior such as yourself saying that to Virtanen's face and him knocking you out lol.

You need to learn what fat means.....look at the typical American.

Jake put on too much weight but he isn't fat. You are hilarious.  :picard:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I get the sense that Boeser is a great team guy so this has gotta be killing him right now not being with the boys from the beginning.

My guess is something gets done fairly quickly here.

I hope so, going to get paid millions regardless. End goal is to win a cup, that takes an entire team not 1 player. Hope it doesnt drag on too much longer as it will just be annoying to read about daily now that hockey is back!

When he signs, either for an overpayment or a steal in CDC eyes at least that will be looked over and we can watch Brock and see how he does. If he score 40g nobody will care if he make near or over 8m. I think he can be a 40g guy in this league so I want a long term deal 6 yr minimum in my books