The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

15 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Hey, remember when we signed all those guys so we'd have a deterrent against other teams taking aim at our stars?

All those guy... singular, Ferland was the only guy who was signed as a deterrent and he wasn't playing.

I guess Roussel as well and he's hurt.

Edited by CanuckinEdm

14 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

All those guy... singular, Ferland was the only guy who was signed as a deterrent and he wasn't playing.

I guess Roussel as well and he's hurt.

Myers is 6 foot 7, which alone should act as some sort of deterrent. Miller throws over a hundred hits per season. Benn has been known to throw the body and drop the gloves quite a bit as well. These guys (Benn in particular) we're brought in largely for these reasons, and yet nobody did a goddamn thing.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I think you need to put your glasses on.  Came flying in, with speed.  Come on now.

Kind of reminds me of the Mason Raymond broken back play.

That was a two min penalty, but that's about it.  I wouldn't want a Canuck penalized more than two mins for that.  Players should know better than to stand with their back exposed two feet from the boards.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Green seemed to think it was a "hockey play". I disagree and that's boarding to me - though he did seem to let up a bit and it probably could have been worse. Boeser knows better than to leave himself in that position.

Edited by kloubek
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Myers is 6 foot 7, which alone should act as some sort of deterrent. Miller throws over a hundred hits per season. Benn has been known to throw the body and drop the gloves quite a bit as well. These guys (Benn in particular) we're brought in largely for these reasons, and yet nobody did a goddamn thing.

We were on the PP. Our tough guys don't play on the PP unfortunately.

You can have 10 tough guys on your team and it doesn't mean anything if theyre not on the ice.

And for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure Myers threw Tierney a healthy crosscheck later in the game, so it's not like there was zero response. We took our shot when we had the opportunity.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It was a hockey play.....

No it wasn't . It was an ugly play for any game ... reg season or preseason. It was absolutely not a hockey play. 

Disturbing hit.

Even more disturbing though was the lack of response once again from our players.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

We were on the PP. Our tough guys don't play on the PP unfortunately.

You can have 10 tough guys on your team and it doesn't mean anything if theyre not on the ice.

And for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure Myers threw Tierney a healthy crosscheck later in the game, so it's not like there was zero response. We took our shot when we had the opportunity.

Payback can happen at the time... even  later in the game. Payback is payback .  Best way is to run one of their skill guys...... The guys know how the code works.

You run one of our players... we run one of yours.       It long past due our Canucks start standing up for each other.....

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 2

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Payback can happen at the time... even  later in the game. Payback is payback .  Best way is to run one of their skill guys...... The guys know how the code works.

You run one of our players... we run one of yours.       It long past due our Canucks start standing up for each other.....

At this point I have to think the common denominator is Green. This has happened too many time with too many different players on the ice for it all to be coincidence. All speculative, but I'm really starting to think Green is the one reigning the players in. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

At this point I have to think the common denominator is Green. This has happened too many time with too many different players on the ice for it all to be coincidence. All speculative, but I'm really starting to think Green is the one reigning the players in. 

Why ?  At this rate BB and EP will be out of the league in 2-3 years  with life changing injuries if this continues. 

Time to start protecting our clubs new young  stars. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, stawns said:

That was a two min penalty, but that's about it.  I wouldn't want a Canuck penalized more than two mins for that.  Players should know better than to stand with their back exposed two feet from the boards.

I disagree, completely.

The onus isn't on the guy going about (hockey) business, retrieving a puck on the boards.  He was playing the puck - what do you expect him to do...leave it and turn to face on comers?    The onus is on the guy flying in from afar to not jam the guy from behind INTO the boards.

There's no way this was on Brock.  Not even a little bit.  If it's worth a penalty, it's on the guy doling it not receiving it.  And if it's dangerous, even more so.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I disagree, completely.

The onus isn't on the guy going about (hockey) business, retrieving a puck on the boards.  He was playing the puck - what do you expect him to do...leave it and turn to face on comers?    The onus is on the guy flying in from afar to not jam the guy from behind INTO the boards.

There's no way this was on Brock.  Not even a little bit.  If it's worth a penalty, it's on the guy doling it not receiving it.  And if it's dangerous, even more so.

100%.  Dangerous.  No class hit.  Should be suspension.

But i prefer to see  my club deal with these kinds of crap infractions on our own......

Our response should have been the old time code...

bluewings.jpg&w=302&h=226

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I disagree, completely.

He got a penalty, Petey and Co made them pay by scoring on the pp.  That's far, far, far more effective than sending someone out to fight.

I was really excited that it appeared that the Canucks would finally ice a team that would not let their players get cheap shotted.

Yet here we are in the preseason, and one of their young stars again gets cheap shotted and not a player does a thing about it.  I wish Ferland would have been playing. I hope JB gets at least one more actual tough player because it is clear we still do not have enough.

What a drag...

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

He got a penalty, Petey and Co made them pay by scoring on the pp.  That's far, far, far more effective than sending someone out to fight.

I don't want a fight (well I do, but that ship has sailed).  I want a suspension.  We've learned a lot about concussions and the league's supposed to care and try to help prevent them.  Responsible for our actions, accountability, etc.

• Upvote 2