The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

I don't want a fight (well I do, but that ship has sailed).  I want a suspension.

That is never going to be a suspension.  You certainly would be pissed if it were a Canuck getting a suspension for that.  You be screaming 2 mins only from the rooftop.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Haha....wow....what a stupid take.

That was a clear check right in the numbers intended to smash a kid into the boards. In the 1970s maybe it was a hockey play. But not now...

:picard:

If you had anything resembling a brain, you’d notice the three periods after the statement, genius. And if you bothered to read other comments before typing out your stupid one you’d see that I didn’t agree with the hit either. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

That is never going to be a suspension.  You certainly would be pissed if it were a Canuck getting a suspension for that.  You be screaming 2 mins only from the rooftop.

I can only answer for myself but when Gudbranson hit Vatrano in the numbers, he had a suspension coming. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Let's focus on what did happen, not what didn't.

It should be, but I'm not holding my breath.   If they want to truly "protect" players they have to just do it.  

Remember when HB swatted a puck out of the air and got a game?  Something like that.  Send a message of "be more careful".

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If you had anything resembling a brain, you’d notice the three periods after the statement, genius. And if you bothered to read other comments before typing out your stupid one you’d see that I didn’t agree with the hit either. 

...then I apologize. Just got home from work and heard boeser is out injured minutes ago...another one of our young stars. Very pissed of at the no response canucks once again....may as well speed bag Petey with no response too.

Didn't read the thread.....so my bad. 

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

That was a two min penalty, but that's about it.  I wouldn't want a Canuck penalized more than two mins for that.  Players should know better than to stand with their back exposed two feet from the boards.

I agree.

It drives me nuts to see players intentionally turn their backs.

I think it was an ok check.

Got him from the side and the speed wasn't a pace I would call agregious.

I don't see any intent to injure.

I agree with TG. It was a hockey play with an unfortunate consequence.

• Upvote 1

...then I apologize. Just got home from work and heard boeser if out injured...another one of our young stars. Didn't read the thread.....so my bad. 

Fair enough. So do I. It’s bs. A cheap shot to the numbers. Hopefully Ferland rearranges his face. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

By the way, to prevent any further personal harassment :lol:, when one types three or more periods after a statement, it means that they are being sarcastic or mocking the statement made. 

I author a lot of reports where I sometimes use information other people have provided in their papers. This is what three periods always means in those reports:

An ellipsis (plural ellipses; from the Ancient Greek: ἔλλειψις, élleipsis, 'omission' or 'falling short') is a series of dots (typically three, such as "…") that usually indicates an intentional omission of a word, sentence, or whole section from a text without altering its original meaning.

That is my excuse for not knowing what you meant lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Let's focus on what did happen, not what didn't.

It should be, but I'm not holding my breath.   If they want to truly "protect" players they have to just do it.  

Remember when HB swatted a puck out of the air and got a game?  Something like that.  Send a message of "be more careful".

And you were ok with that Hansen punishment?

Posts over at the cesspool say Tierney was at Bo's wedding this summer along with Brock and they know each other quite well. Also, Tierney turns out to be the opposite of a cheap player in the NHL with very few penalty minutes.

82078718_horvatwedding.PNG.69b2e38eb75e62ae4d32d61d9172886b.PNG

I still don't like the fact a Canuck did not bit slap Tierney....but maybe that is why.

PS: At least Petey wasn't seen whipping off his pants in a disorderly conduct investigation in Arizona like the T.O. star matthews lmao.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/maple-leafs-star-auston-matthews-charged-with-disorderly-conduct-after-incident-with-female-security-guard/

PS: see the incident as told by the female security guard:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1

Posts over at the cesspool say Tierney was at Bo's wedding this summer along with Brock and they know each other quite well. Also, Tierney turns out to be the opposite of a cheap player in the NHL with very few penalty minutes.

82078718_horvatwedding.PNG.69b2e38eb75e62ae4d32d61d9172886b.PNG

I still don't like the fact a Canuck did not bit slap Tierney....but maybe that is why.

PS: At least Petey wasn't seen whipping off his pants in a disorderly conduct investigation in Arizona like the T.O. star matthews lmao.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/maple-leafs-star-auston-matthews-charged-with-disorderly-conduct-after-incident-with-female-security-guard/

New kinda b!tch slap was pending there...  :blush:

I've had this sh*tty taste in my mouth since I heard the news, it's a taste I know well. It's something you can only place after decades of watching your talent get cheap shotted and nobody responding properly and promtly. I'm tired of hearing "I didn't see it". I'm tired of having the softest team in the league.

It's on the guys in that locker room to stick up for each other or this will never end. If they are waiting for the NHL to protect our players we won't have any left.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, stawns said:

And you were ok with that Hansen punishment?

It's not whether or not I was happy with it...that's my business.  He was punished...so it's now Ottawa's turn to (not be happy and) have their player punished.   That's how it works if there's consistency, which would make me happy.

And it was a much lesser infraction that didn't involve going head first into the boards.  Trying to hit a puck out of the air with a glove on got a game.  So, in a fair world, this should get at least that.

Hit from the side?  Nope?  Didn't come in with speed?...well he took a few good strides and lined him up.  Even the commentary said it was a bad hit and the fact that a penalty was called reinforces that it wasn't ok.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's not whether or not I was happy with it...that's my business.  He was punished...so it's now Ottawa's turn to (not be happy and) have their player punished.   That's how it works if there's consistency, which would make me happy.

And it was a much lesser infraction that didn't involve going head first into the boards.  Trying to hit a puck out of the air with a glove on got a game.  So, in a fair world, this should get at least that.

Hit from the side?  Nope?  Didn't come in with speed?...well he took a few good strides and lined him up.  Even the commentary said it was a bad hit and the fact that a penalty was called reinforces that it wasn't ok.  

He was punished, they scored on the pp.  I don't care if it's pre-season, nothing makes you feel worse and deflates you more than being in the box and have the pp score.......especially on a play like that.  

I haven't seen one person say the hit was ok

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

He was punished, they scored on the pp.  I don't care if it's pre-season, nothing makes you feel worse and deflates you more than being in the box and have the pp score.......especially on a play like that.  

I haven't seen one person say the hit was ok

But if they hadn't?  I don't want the league to do that....to "rely" on a team scoring to "make them pay".  It's up to the league to also follow up and make sure they do.  I mean...a guy gets the same "punishment" for throwing the puck over the glass.  Too many men on the ice.

So it needs to go above and beyond "just" an on ice penalty.  A reckless smash into the boards deserves....a game.  That would be fair to me.  Not holding my breath though.

• Upvote 1