The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Damn, not good.  

Hope Brock ends up ok. 

Sadly hes gotta play smarter, he got hurt trying to hit Clutterbuck, and now put himself in a position for this to happen... protect yourself more, especially there by the boards and don't get caught with head down in the trolley tracks.  

It SHOULD be different with Ferland and Rousell in the lineup, thats our best snarl I think. 

Imagine Gino, Diduck, Bieksa, Jovo, Steamer, Ripper or Brash.... being on the ice during that.

Damn even Ryan Walter or Gary Valk would done something...

Cookie, Jarko or Essa would just be super dirty back, like asap.

Travis Green is just covering up the no call and protecting himself and the team from the refs... cause imagine if he did say something, pretty sure he woulda jumped in when hevwas playing but.... THAT'S the past, things were different back then.

Pure lack of response from all involved.

Refs, Dops, Canucks...other than the Myers crosscheck...

Usual.

Post Bertuzzi Era Continues.

Dammit, Brock... destroy someone like Pavel did, then nobody will touch ya.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

So why do you think they should have sought revenge if no one cares because it's pre-season?

Seriously? Nobody cares about wins and losses in the preseason. But sending a message that dirty plays on our stars will result in physical retribution carries over into the regular season.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Seriously? Nobody cares about wins and losses in the preseason. But sending a message that dirty plays on our stars will result in physical retribution carries over into the regular season.

Agreed.  Guy who hit Bess should have left the ice on a stretcher.  

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Haha....wow....what a stupid take.

That was a clear check right in the numbers intended to smash a kid into the boards. In the 1970s maybe it was a hockey play. But not now...

:picard:

It was not an okay hit then either, most teams of that era would have deployed the righteous vengeance squad onto the ice or the benches would have cleared at the second one.  Remember that we used to have bench clearing brawls?  Well, that's the kind of thing that would trigger them.  Seen them, been involved in them, though I preferred taking a number and running over them or under them for the rest of the game every time they came near the puck, and if it was something that was a particularly egregious crime committed the refs would let a fair amount of righteous vengeance take place lest something worse break out. 

The finer feelings people took care of that when a stop was put to fights, and the assassins were given the run of the game - depending on who they played for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray_Cathode said:

It was not an okay hit then either, most teams of that era would have deployed the righteous vengeance squad onto the ice or the benches would have cleared at the second one.  Remember that we used to have bench clearing brawls?  Well, that's the kind of thing that would trigger them.  Seen them, been involved in them, though I preferred taking a number and running over them or under them for the rest of the game every time they came near the puck, and if it was something that was a particularly egregious crime committed the refs would let a fair amount of righteous vengeance take place lest something worse break out. 

The finer feelings people took care of that when a stop was put to fights, and the assassins were given the run of the game - depending on who they played for.

I think the guys go after the other teams’ skilled guys to exact revenge.  Trouble with the Sens is they don’t have any of those guys.  

56 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

yet if you're truly honest, the game has never been cleaner.

Well i could be wrong but those that fight for a spot on the roster could easily get overexcited and do stupid things. That hit is from behind, a bit late and too close to the boards. like mentioned i would have loved seeing Ferland on the ice at that point, coz thats not ok. No dirty plays against a star player during off-season. Concussion Protocol in the middle of the preseason and brock arrived late so this is not a good thing. On a positive note i think Miller is a great addition to the PP and Leivo still got a connection with Brock and Petey so options are still there in case Ferland gets a game misconduct :P

My gut is he wasn't actually concussed and they're just going through protocol to be safe. I'm betting he doesn't play the final two pre-season games but starts again on the home opener. Fantenberg looked worse. I'm betting he's out for longer term.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

yet if you're truly honest, the game has never been cleaner.

Cleaner for whom?  I have been watching the game for nearly sixty years, and that certainly is not true.  There actually used to be players that had twenty year careers, that played into their late thirties.

You think the game was cleaned up because those in charge of selling the game SAID it had been cleaned up.  The thing that has evolved is selective enforcement and even more selective punishment.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think the guys go after the other teams’ skilled guys to exact revenge.  Trouble with the Sens is they don’t have any of those guys.  

They used to. But when one sees two players taken out by exactly the same illegal play, one has to wonder if that is not the way that team is coached to play.

4 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Cleaner for whom?  I have been watching the game for nearly sixty years, and that certainly is not true.  There actually used to be players that had twenty year careers, that played into their late thirties.

You think the game was cleaned up because those in charge of selling the game SAID it had been cleaned up.  The thing that has evolved is selective enforcement and even more selective punishment.

When was the last time you saw someone tomahawk chop another player like Ciccarelli did, or smoke a player on the side of the head like McSorley did?  When was the last time you saw a Bertuzzi incident?

This is the least violent the game has ever been, by a long shot.

• Thanks 1

Some interesting takes in this clip

Other thing that stands out: Tierney took 4 or 5 strides while BB had his back turned to him.  The whole notion that  BB should have not turned his back is BS imho.  Its not like he suddenly turned his back  and exposed himself.  The offending player had a significant amount of time (in hockey terms) to make a decision and to respect BB's safety.  It was a mean nothing pre-sesaon game and there was absolutely no reason why that type of hit needed to be executed.

Edited by Darius
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3