The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Boeser took everyone by surprise in his rookie year. He had a unreal shot with great accuracy and power. 

Now the power of his shot and accuracy that helped him to set the record for the all-star accuracy contest don't seem to be there.

I know the league is probably checking him tighter since his rookie season and goalies know what to expect. I just hope his injuries won't hold him back for the rest of his career the back/wrists. For now he's putting up points, mostly assists which is fine.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Boeser has 12 goals and 22 assists in 36 games at 22 years old. That means he is currently 24th overall in the league in scoring and is clearly a strong 1st line forward.

Those people nitpicking and saying he can't pass or he has no hands are clueless. Ridiculous....

:picard:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm not sure if i'm "nitpicking" but i do see where Brock gets into some troubles.Hes way to stationary on the PP which he either gets pinched quicker (as others have said)affecting his passing plays or is to flat footed to receive the odd pass just outside his reach. His point production is also elevated by the sheer intelligence of one Ellias Petterson(that being said you need that shot to score on those opportunities). Not sure how many points hes gotten when green shuffles the deck and hes on Bo's line.Brock is a superstar winger , but some skating work in the summer over "Da beauty league" or combined would put him over the top. Maybe its just a funk hes in also, with his dad being sick. that would weigh heavy on a young kid. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Boeser has 12 goals and 22 assists in 36 games at 22 years old. That means he is currently 24th overall in the league in scoring and is clearly a strong 1st line forward.

Those people nitpicking and saying he can't pass or he has no hands are clueless. Ridiculous....

:picard:

The game is uber easy from the recliner, haven't you figured that out yet? JV is on a tear right now so can't pick on him.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Canorth said:

Which means after Feb 25th he’ll actually be living his 24th year, on this planet, which means he is basically 25 years old. Everyone knows that 25 rounds up to 30... so basically, what we have is a 30 year old winger who has only been able to put together 2.5 seasons in the league!

Nice one, JB :angry:

I'll take you what, that's some Dave Pratt math right there

• Haha 3

Brock was the trigger man on a Sedin-fed powerplay his first season. No surprise he was racking up goals then. He's actually adapted his game to playing with Petey who is the new trigger man on the PP. Brock gives us a great second look on PP1 but sometimes I wish he'd sneak up a little higher towards the point to open up a passing lane for a one-timer pass from Petey.

Edited by JoGuitar
typo

13 hours ago, #Canucks said:

I would to see Brock Bo and Jake on pp2 and miller Petey Gauds on Pp1 with Hughes as the quarterback.

who would u put on D or on the wings?Our PP is pretty solid as is, why the change and what would u get out of that?

Edited by Mrwipeout
typo

7 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

who would u put on D or on the wings?Our PP is pretty solid as is, why the change and what would u get out of that?

D- Hughes Myers Tanev Edler Stecher. I would be happy with any of these guys.

Our PP is rolling, I wouldn’t change it now but if there were to be a shuffle, but this could be interesting.

Edited by #Canucks

The way i see it our 1st PP is pretty complete. Petey and Boeser can both vary by switching sides to mix it up as sniping threats. Bo and miller can circle and distribute the puck as well as regin the rebounds and 2nd pucks. Hughes as a QB on top.

So basically the Brock-Bo-Miller with hughes and Petey on blue line is pretty damn good. 

Miller-Bo

Brock                   Petey

Huggybear

As for the 2nd line i like gaud as Center and gets role as sniper and puckwinner/creative type so he can evolve in that area for the future. He has potential for taking another step in his evolution as a center and top 2 line player. Pearson works as sniper and breaking in on net and rebounds as his shot and powerful style makes him a scoring threat. Leivo would have been my other choice as creator and puckwinner in the corners as well as fast skater. Jake would be the Puckwinner and sniper as we have seen he is capable of. At point id have a healthy Edler. 

Pearson-Gaud

Jake                           Leivo

Edler

This works imo. Our 1st PP should have the bigger portion of the PP....and thats a damn fine 1st PP and a decent 2nd.