thejazz97

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I think Green is a pretty good motivator and he is also pretty aware of how to push buttons and I think he is doing both with Brock now.   Fact Canucks are winning at same time helps a ton.   I don't see this as a permanent thing but it is clear that what many would have said otherwise, hard to argue that Jake is not a nice top 6 fit.   Just getting that knowledge was worthy of the experiment.   I would personally try BB with Horvat but I am not the coach.

when you dig into it just a little bit the effect Loui has with Bo and Peason is a net positive because of Loui's defensive game, so it would make sense if you want Brock as a permanent fixture with Bo to up his defensive skill set. So that's probably it, and to see if AG and BB have something special (doesn't seem to be the case).

 

I love the Virtanen story, very happy for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

when you dig into it just a little bit the effect Loui has with Bo and Peason is a net positive because of Loui's defensive game, so it would make sense if you want Brock as a permanent fixture with Bo to up his defensive skill set. So that's probably it, and to see if AG and BB have something special (doesn't seem to be the case).

 

I love the Virtanen story, very happy for him.

Green has guys playing where he feels the lines are more balanced, and each (in the top three) has at least one guy who can drive play.  Bess drives play.  Petey drives play.  Bo drives play.  The Pens won two Cups with Kessel driving their third line.  Clearly Kessel could have played with Malkin or Crosby, but three potential scoring lines is better than two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I tend to agree with you.  I think he wants to see more out of BB and knows he is capable of providing it.   BB can certainly generate offence but he isn't playing the entire ice surface the way he needs in Green's mind is my guess.   Funny thing though - once Jake finally showed he was a more complete player, the offence followed.    Green has gushed about EP40's and JT Miller's play away from the puck and in the defensive zone but I don't recall hearing as much, if any, gushing about BB in that regard.   Green seems to want a certain core set of players to really "get it" while they are young with likely the hope of building something not only special but lasting.   

i don’t remember his name but i remember the canucks bringing in a goal scorer to play on a line with sedins. i remember he would always set up and wait for them to get the puck to him. this might be different, but the sedins asked for him to be taken off their line. they wanted to play their game and needed a burrows type linemate. i see boes as someone that needs to get passed to, in his favourite spot to be a goal scorer. i think green wants him to be a complete player that can be successful in other situations. i could be wrong.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Green has guys playing where he feels the lines are more balanced, and each (in the top three) has at least one guy who can drive play.  Bess drives play.  Petey drives play.  Bo drives play.  The Pens won two Cups with Kessel driving their third line.  Clearly Kessel could have played with Malkin or Crosby, but three potential scoring lines is better than two. 

I get the theory, just so far I think that 3rd line is too hemmed in to drive play. What I'm hoping for his we see them either have a big breakout night where it comes together or the experiment ends before we break Brock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i don’t remember his name but i remember the canucks bringing in a goal scorer to play on a line with sedins. i remember he would always set up and wait for them to get the puck to him. this might be different, but the sedins asked for him to be taken off their line. they wanted to play their game and needed a burrows type linemate. i see boes as someone that needs to get passed to, in his favourite spot to be a goal scorer. i think green wants him to be a complete player that can be successful in other situations. i could be wrong.

I agree Green is looking for a more complete 200ft player but Boeser's offence is more than a score from his favorite spot type of guy. He can score from anywhere with that dangerous shot/release. I don't recall the Sedins complaining at all when Boes was on there wing in his rookie season. He was sniping goals from everywhere as the Sedins would find him in open space all the time.

 

I think the biggest difference maker for BB6's aside from play away from the puck would be to work on his speed a bit. He needs to get with whoever got Bo to that next level. I think if he carried had more speed it would not only help him on the defensive side but with finding that space he needs to get his shot off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I get the theory, just so far I think that 3rd line is too hemmed in to drive play. What I'm hoping for his we see them either have a big breakout night where it comes together or the experiment ends before we break Brock. 

Maybe Brock is happy, because his team is winning?  

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe Brock is happy, because his team is winning?  

 

scoring droughts weigh heavy on guys like him. Lets see where this experiment is at by the end of the road trip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i don’t remember his name but i remember the canucks bringing in a goal scorer to play on a line with sedins. i remember he would always set up and wait for them to get the puck to him. this might be different, but the sedins asked for him to be taken off their line. they wanted to play their game and needed a burrows type linemate. i see boes as someone that needs to get passed to, in his favourite spot to be a goal scorer. i think green wants him to be a complete player that can be successful in other situations. i could be wrong.

that wold be fine except Gaudette and Rousel don't seem to pass to him and that is the problem

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bree2 said:

that wold be fine except Gaudette and Rousel don't seem to pass to him and that is the problem

Bess is the play driver on that line.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bess is the play driver on that line.  

nope not with Gaudette and Rousell just passing to each other.  put  Sutter on that line and maybe it would work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bree2 said:

nope not with Gaudette and Rousell just passing to each other.  put  Sutter on that line and maybe it would work

Sutter isn’t a play driver.  Bess is an excellent passer.  He has elite offensive IQ too, so sees the game really well.  Gaud and Rooster work their guts out, but don’t have great hands or offensive instincts.  It’s Bess’s job to drive that line offensively.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember Scottie Bowman playing Federov on Defense for some time to help him with his 200 ft. game.  This is a good thing for Brock and if playing on the third line breaks him, he shouldn't be in the NHL.  I don't think Brock is that fragile as he has had to deal with  a lot of tough stuff and is much more mature than that.  I do agree he needs to work on his skating.  Sometimes he does look slow out there.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

I’ve seen many goal scorer disappear in the playoffs but have a solid d core setup with Hughes and Parayko sounds nasty but it would still be a hard choice but all in all they’re 2 great players. 
 

On another note you actually think brock best year are already happening? I’m sure he will progress and become a better goal scorer. Not many players peak like Selanne in his first year

Yeah, again, I'm in no hurry to move Boeser out either but a legit top pairing D in exchange is nothing to sneeze at either. And STL isn't far from Minnesota...and STL might need to clear cap to re-sign Pet... just saying.

 

Heck COL's not far from Minny either... Boeser for Byram +....I'd sure think about it anyway :lol:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, again, I'm in no hurry to move Boeser out either but a legit top pairing D in exchange is nothing to sneeze at either. And STL isn't far from Minnesota...and STL might need to clear cap to re-sign Pet... just saying.

 

Heck COL's not far from Minny either... Boeser for Byram +....I'd sure think about it anyway :lol:

Burnaby Joe wouldn't help us even if it helped him. 

 

Man that would be such a divisive trade. TSN 1040 might need to hire new staff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Burnaby Joe wouldn't help us even if it helped him. 

 

Man that would be such a divisive trade. TSN 1040 might need to hire new staff. 

In theory, Boeser would be a pretty sizable upgrade to their top 6 W over say Nichushkin. They have the cap space and presumably are pushing for a solid playoff run (which Boeser would help with a lot more than Byram will playing on the Giants) ...just saying.

 

On our end, it would certainly go a long way to alleviating any cap concerns we have over the next couple years with Byram on an ELC vs Boeser's near $6m, makes room for returning Ferland/Leivo this year (both of whom are probably a better fit on the third line). We also add a likely future 1st pair D to play with Hughes, who's from BC and playing on the local Junior team (and I'd imagine a pick or other asset given Boeser's current value presently outweighs his).

 

Future D:

 

Byram, Hughes

Juolevi, Woo

Rathbone, Tryamkin

 

Brisebois, Chatfield

 

Maybe Rafferty in there for someone assuming he translates.

 

Edited by aGENT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

In theory, Boeser would be a pretty sizable upgrade to their top 6 W over say Nichushkin. They have the cap space and presumably are pushing for a solid playoff run (which Boeser would help with a lot more than Byram will playing on the Giants) ...just saying.

 

On our end, it would certainly go a long way to alleviating any cap concerns we have over the next couple years with Byram on an ELC vs Boeser's near $6m, makes room for returning Ferland/Leivo this year (both of whom are probably a better fit on the third line). We also add a likely future 1st pair D to play with Hughes, who's from BC and playing on the local Junior team (and I'd imagine a pick or other asset given Boeser's current value presently outweighs his).

 

Future D:

 

Byram, Hughes

Juolevi, Woo

Rathbone, Tryamkin

 

Brisebois, Chatfield

 

Maybe Rafferty in there for someone assuming he translates.

 

COL does have the d depth as well. But still, I think i'd have to avoid any Canucks media for a goodly stretch if something like that happened. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

COL does have the d depth as well. But still, I think i'd have to avoid any Canucks media for a goodly stretch if something like that happened. 

So basically like after any trade/move made by the Canucks? :lol:

 

tenor.gif?itemid=10820080

  • Haha 1
  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Byram would take a BB to get.  You can't get quality with out giving something of value back.  I don't want to trade BB but it would take something big to get Byram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dpn1 said:

Byram would take a BB to get.  You can't get quality with out giving something of value back.  I don't want to trade BB but it would take something big to get Byram.

still wouldn't trade Boeser, he is part of our team, I know lets trade Jake! kind of dumb hey,just like trading Boeser who is a big part of our team going forward

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bree2 said:

still wouldn't trade Boeser, he is part of our team, I know lets trade Jake! kind of dumb hey,just like trading Boeser who is a big part of our team going forward

I agree with you but if you wanted to get a Byram you would have to give up a guy like Brock or you draft them.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.