The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

We can't keep every one? you have Pettersson and Hughes to sign next summer???Boeser will want 7.5 next contract and he is both worth that kind of money>>

2021-2022

Pettersson 9.5 - 10 million 

Hughes   7.5 - 8 million -- ---Chabot 8 million comparable..

Next season

Erickson 6.0

Myers 6.0

Boeser -- 5.8---- Would trade next contract 7.5 ---- Trade for #2 D man

Horvat      5.6

Markstrom 5.5  ???? - I am okay trading his rights for 3rd rounder -- sign veteran backup to play with Demko for under 2.5 million..---- save 3 million

Miller - 5.3 million

Taffoli -- UFA -- sign 2 yr 4.8  -- he will put up good numbers and try UFA when cap issues are over---  Now trade Boeser after signing Taffoli will score 30 G-- 65 points

Tanev UFA  ---would not sign him over 3.8 million 

Virtanen -RFA -- He will be traded for picks or packaged

Leivo -- Sign -- 1.8 X 2 yrs- can play up and down lineup..

MacEwen -- sign 1.1 x 2yrs one way deal -- showing improvement every year..

Motte -- sign 2 X 1.3 million

Stetcher  -  RFA-- trade --- Rafferty will fill #5 spot  or Juolevi 

Have to be realistic we cannot keep everyone, all teams have these issues cap issues...Tough decisions

Kevin Woodley calls insane the idea that people think that the Canucks could just add someone like Greiss or Khudobin and think they'll perform in Vancouver.  Canucks were a bottom-5 defensive team while NYI and Dallas were top-5 defensively.  It could end up being a Bobrovsky situation where he went from a very good defensive team to a poor one. 

Don't see the Canucks wanting to move Boeser.  Pearson is up in a year too and who knows if anyone else can even fill up those spots yet.  Doesn't feel like Benning wants to risk taking a step back. Don't really see a team giving up a D2 for Boeser.  It's harder to find Ds than wingers.  It's also doubtful that many teams want his 7.5M qualifying offer when it's a flat cap.

Not sure RFA with arbitration rights have much value in a pandemic.  Friedman actually believes that there might be more players going unqualified this year as teams don't want to risk arbitration.  It is forbidden to use the league or the team's financial condition as argument in arbitration per the CBA - ie they can't argue drop in revenue or flat cap to lower the contract value.  The player side can present comparable contracts but those were handed out when there was no pandemic and the cap was not projected to stay flat.

Edited by mll
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Kevin Woodley calls insane the idea that people think that the Canucks could just add someone like Greiss or Khudobin and think they'll perform in Vancouver.  Canucks were a bottom-5 defensive team while NYI and Dallas were top-5 defensively.  It could end up being a Bobrovsky situation where he went from a very good defensive team to a poor one. 

Don't see the Canucks wanting to move Boeser.  Pearson is up in a year too and who knows if anyone else can even fill up those spots yet.  Doesn't feel like Benning wants to risk taking a step back. Don't really see a team giving up a D2 for Boeser.  It's harder to find Ds than wingers.  It's also doubtful that many teams want his 7.5M qualifying offer when it's a flat cap.

Not sure RFA with arbitration rights have much value in a pandemic.  Friedman actually believes that there might be more players going unqualified this year as teams don't want to risk arbitration.  It is forbidden to use the league or the team's financial condition as argument in arbitration per the CBA - ie they can't argue drop in revenue or flat cap to lower the contract value.  The player side can present comparable contracts but those were handed out when there was no pandemic and the cap was not projected to stay flat.

thats pretty unfair, but it is what it is. I don't think Jake or Stech get a QO from us, assuming we can't trade them in the next couple of weeks.

Woodley may say that, but thats the situation we may very well be in depending on what Marky wants. I don't think its the doomsday scenario he's suggesting, there is a good chance of upgrading our defence if we don't sign Marky as we'll have more cap space. 

• Cheers 1

I do agree - he seemed tentative. I still can't help but think the uncertainty of Duke's future health is a distraction for him. They're real close and between that and his injuries, I just don't think he's in the best place right now mentally.

As far as skills and ability, he has indeed grown as a pro and I think at some point he will overcome what is keeping him from being as tenacious as he could and should be and get back to being that play driver.

Man, if Boeser only went high bar and in on Lehner....we would have faced the stars and probably be still playing...Canucks must have took a bit of confidence away from Vegas for the Stars to beat them in 5 games. Very surprised that Vegas got beat in 5 games.

Edited by Pete M

On 9/14/2020 at 8:41 PM, Pete M said:

Man, if Boeser only went high bar and in on Lehner....we would have faced the stars and probably be still playing...Canucks must have took a bit of confidence away from Vegas for the Stars to beat them in 5 games. Very surprised that Vegas got beat in 5 games.

Maybe Vegas players have tendonitis from all the shots they were putting on us ;)

Probably not a shocker but not all of Hughes, Horvat, Petey and Boeser will retire as lifetime Canucks. If you can maximize an asset before you get to the point of trading a broken Kesler, that's probably how you give your actual core as many chances to win as possible. 

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I see Boeser’s name in connection with a Dumba trade. Kinda makes sense. 

Minni is wanting a centre and that is not Boeser, this is Vancouver media hyping this trade,  Benning has already said numerous times he is not trading Boeser, if they want a centre they can go after Sutter or Gaudette lol

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, mll said:

Guerin confirmed that Johansson will be playing C for them. 

I guess its a bit of an upgrade, which is fine. They must not be getting much in the way of 2C offers for Dumba. I wonder what the WPG talks are centred around.. Lowry and a prospect maybe? 

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

They don't need or want Boeser and we have no need for an older, inferior, more expensive version of Hughes. So no.

LeBrun is saying Winnipeg is the team connect to this today. Good, at least we don't have to worry about another guy that can crush us. 

• Vintage 2

14 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

I guess its a bit of an upgrade, which is fine. They must not be getting much in the way of 2C offers for Dumba. I wonder what the WPG talks are centred around.. Lowry and a prospect maybe? 

He’s a great winger but definitely not an upgrade at C, Johansson has played LW most of his career and when moved to C for a short stint last year it didn’t go well, only about  40% with 490 FO taken. He’s never been good in the dot and his career percentage is a little over 40%. He’s younger at 29 but they’re gonna still need help at C next year. They must be targeting a top 6 center for a defenseman as well. And if the GM is telling the truth and he’s gonna be their center I don’t understand that 

Edited by Petey40

1 minute ago, Petey40 said:

He’s a great winger but definitely not an upgrade at C, Johansson has played LW most of his career and when moved to C for a short stint last year it didn’t go well, only about  40% with 490 FO taken. He’s never been good in the dot and his career percentage is a little over 40%. He’s younger at 29 but they’re gonna still need help at C next year. They must be targeting a top 6 center for a defenseman as well

they won't get a top 6 imo. Thats why I was wondering out loud about Lowry if the WPG interest rumour in Dumba is true, he is good on face offs, cheap salary. Maybe they interchange them a little bit depending on where the zone draws are? not a top 6 but he's a good player, and more C depth. 

1 minute ago, Robert Long said:

they won't get a top 6 imo. Thats why I was wondering out loud about Lowry if the WPG interest rumour in Dumba is true, he is good on face offs, cheap salary. Maybe they interchange them a little bit depending on where the zone draws are? not a top 6 but he's a good player, and more C depth. 

Yeah I could see that, be a similar situation that Canucks are in where Lowry takes the D zone draws and Johansson takes majority offensive zone draws 

• Cheers 1

On September 13, 2020 at 5:15 PM, bree2 said:

we finally have our top 6 and you want to trade away one of our top six?  seems silly when the Canucks have worked so hard to get that top six.  Benning is a smart guy and he will make the right choice on who to trade, because if it has to be a top six Benning has already said Boeser is going nowhere, so i would say it would be Toffoli being traded, but i hope he keeps the top six intact. 

You don't realize we can't keep everyone? 2021 season Petterson 10 million --- Hughes 8 million...Boeser next contract set at 7.5   

Taffoli Is  a UFA????? You could trade his right 4th rounder..

Be prepared someone has to go?? Don't be shocked if its Boeser.... Do you honestly think Jim Benning can share his truth? He has to stop rumours about Boeser in June...Only  players that should not be trade are Pettersson and Hughes maybe Horvat, Miller,??? If trading a player makes your team better you have to??

Podkolzin will be ready to sign with Vancouver after this KHL season is over... SO if some team has a good offer and Boeser make this trade happen you must listen...

The team strength is wingers..   Team weakness Defence....

Team needs a # 2 D man to play with Hughes under 27.....Team has very average defence..

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

You don't realize we can't keep everyone? 2021 season Petterson 10 million --- Hughes 8 million...Boeser next contract set at 7.5   

Taffoli Is  a UFA????? You could trade his right 4th rounder..

Be prepared someone has to go?? Don't be shocked if its Boeser.... Do you honestly think Jim Benning can share his truth? He has to stop rumours about Boeser in June...Only  players that should not be trade are Pettersson and Hughes maybe Horvat, Miller,??? If trading a player makes your team better you have to??

Podkolzin will be ready to sign with Vancouver after this KHL season is over... SO if some team has a good offer and Boeser make this trade happen you must listen...

The team strength is wingers..   Team weakness Defence....

Team needs a # 2 D man to play with Hughes under 27.....Team has very average defence..

Point 6.7 pre-covid. Pettersson is not getting 10m.