The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Boeser is off to almost as good a start this year as he was last year. Its his finish last season that he has to avoid this season.

First 19 games

2019-20 8g 11a 19pts +2 

2020-21 11g 7a 18pts -3

Final 38 games 2019-20 8g 18a 26pts +2

The Canucks have 37 games left. If Boeser scores 8 goals and 18a the rest of the way and finishes with 19g 25a 44pts in 56 games is that considered a successful season?

8 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Boeser is off to almost as good a start this year as he was last year. Its his finish last season that he has to avoid this season.

First 19 games

2019-20 8g 11a 19pts +2 

2020-21 11g 7a 18pts -3

Final 38 games 2019-20 8g 18a 26pts +2

The Canucks have 37 games left. If Boeser scores 8 goals and 18a the rest of the way and finishes with 19g 25a 44pts in 56 games is that considered a successful season?

I think the difference is  hes doing it without petey.

19 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I think the difference is  hes doing it without petey.

To a certain extent.

EP has assisted on 6 of Brock's 11 goals this season (55%) and on 5 of Brock's 8 goals through 19 games last season (63%)

Brock has assisted on 3 of EP's 5 goals this season (60%) and on 6 of EP's 8 goals through 19 games last season (75%)

So essentially if EP had 2-3 more goals this season that Brock assisted on then the #'s are almost identical. 

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

100% hes had some nice plays here and there but nowhere where he was last year. 

2021 brock with 2019 petey...

Woohoo

Young players going through their own struggles.

Petey needs to gain some weight(get stronger/faster) and Hughes needs more experience(like most D do to be better defensively).

Boeser had to get over his injury troubles and regain his shooting back which it appears he did. OJ is in a sort of similar boat as Brock too, trying to get back on track after injuries.

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Young players going through their own struggles.

Petey needs to gain some weight(get stronger/faster) and Hughes needs more experience(like most D do to be better defensively).

Boeser had to get over his injury troubles and regain his shooting back which it appears he did. OJ is in a sort of similar boat as Brock too, trying to get back on track after injuries.

You guys are really turning this into something I didn't intend. 

I'm just drooling over what we have when these guys are both on their A game. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

You guys are really turning this into something I didn't intend. 

I'm just drooling over what we have when these guys are both on their A game. 

Wasn't calling you out if that's what you thought.

Was just pointing out how I view each one of these young players situations.

Putting my opinion out there for people to see essentially.

24 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Boeser is shooting a lofty 21.2% this season which is 7.5% higher than his career average so a bit of regression the rest of the season would be normal. Not to the 9.5% of last season but probably somewhere around 15%, so at his current shot pace we can reasonably expect 24 goals.

I would bet he could hold 16% if he's more like his old self, but 24 or 25 goals sounds about right, provided he plays every game. About a 35-goal pace over 82 games.

I think some of the interest in moving Boeser was due to him requiring a 7.5m qualifying offer if we don't take him to arbitration by the end of his current bridge contract. That's a lot of money when we already know Petey and Hughes are going to be taking up a big chunk shortly. And, yes, Boeser was not himself for most of last year. The combination of both these points caused a stir in a very fickle fan base and I'm not surprised some were asking for him to be moved. 

Personally, Ive always supported keeping Brock, though with a hope he would find himself sooner than later. Glad to see he is back on track with his mental and physical state.

1 hour ago, Battlemonger said:

The canucks have 3 calder finalists in the last 3 years, including Boeser. And chances are the hog will make it 4 straight years with a finalist. 

I wouldn't jump on that boat just yet. Hoagie has struggled to get points much lately and there's a lot of players who produce more. In addition, there are probably three defenseman who are doing quite well too. I'd expect Hoglander to finish around 10th in Calder voting at this rate.

• Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I wouldn't jump on that boat just yet. Hoagie has struggled to get points much lately and there's a lot of players who produce more. In addition, there are probably three defenseman who are doing quite well too. I'd expect Hoglander to finish around 10th in Calder voting at this rate.

Your right, I doubt he breaks the top 5 (though happy to have him prove me wrong) but the mere possibility that we can discuss him as another candidate, for going on 4 years now (and possibly/likely 5 years when Podz arrives next year) speaks very well to our drafting/scouting.

We've got a bright future ahead with all these guys despite the current hand wringing ;)

• Cheers 1