The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On 7/22/2016 at 9:59 PM, nzan said:

Can you explain to me how you get to that conclusion?

I also want to believe that Boeser is the superior player, but I'm not sure basic production numbers support it.

Tkachuk is coming off a monster season in the O. The previous year for Boeser (14-15,when he was roughly the same age as Tkachuk's comparable year) he had a very good year in the USHL. 

I think if you were to consider all the different factors (quality of league, team, linemates, etc...) you'd have to consider that Boeser's 14-15 wasn't quite as spectacular as Tkachuk's 15-16. I don't even think you could say his 15-16 was as good as Tkachuk's 15-16, nor was his WJC.

That's all to say, I'd sincerely love for you to help me believe (or give me strong evidence) that Boeser is the better player, because I don't see it in the basic stats.

Tkachuk had A great memorial cup no doubt.what people are trying to say is the underlying issues are more evident in Him. For example Brock played last year in a league full of men. He also was the driving force on his line and also played lights out without them. What people are saying about mat  is his skating is sub par, He doesn't lead his line shown by how many secondary assists he had. As for his transition to the NHL his style worries a lot of people since he isn't and get's most of his goals in front of the net and might get pushed around. only time will tell for both of them, 

On 7/22/2016 at 9:59 PM, nzan said:

Can you explain to me how you get to that conclusion?

I also want to believe that Boeser is the superior player, but I'm not sure basic production numbers support it.

Tkachuk is coming off a monster season in the O. The previous year for Boeser (14-15,when he was roughly the same age as Tkachuk's comparable year) he had a very good year in the USHL. 

I think if you were to consider all the different factors (quality of league, team, linemates, etc...) you'd have to consider that Boeser's 14-15 wasn't quite as spectacular as Tkachuk's 15-16. I don't even think you could say his 15-16 was as good as Tkachuk's 15-16, nor was his WJC.

That's all to say, I'd sincerely love for you to help me believe (or give me strong evidence) that Boeser is the better player, because I don't see it in the basic stats.

Tkachuk had A great memorial cup no doubt.what people are trying to say is the underlying issues are more evident in Him. For example Brock played last year in a league full of men. He also was the driving force on his line and also played lights out without them. What people are saying about mat  is his skating is sub par, He doesn't lead his line shown by how many secondary assists he had. As for his transition to the NHL his style worries a lot of people since he isn't and get's most of his goals in front of the net and might get pushed around. only time will tell for both of them, 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pears said:

Get Boeser signed the minute his season is over. We have a superstar in the making. 

Damn I alway's get a little scared when it comes to college picks with the whole being able to control their own destiny, but I think Brock is not that kind of guy thank god. got Troy to sign here or at least helped and seems like he is already A canuck. Guy comes from A good family and I hope he ends up being a top line winger with us. Seems like no matter who is on his line he is the driving force. Hobey Baker this year maybe? 

4 minutes ago, Derp... said:

I'm really interested to see what our lineup will be next year more than this year.

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Rodin Horvat Virtanen

Baertschi Granlund Boeser

Gaunce Sutter Hansen

I don't even know with these guys lol

Yeah there's a lot there to work with. We might have to actually move a forward. Same situation on D. Have to wonder if one of our D, a forward and say our first pick gets us that 1C we need... 

8 minutes ago, Derp... said:

I'm really interested to see what our lineup will be next year more than this year.

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Rodin Horvat Virtanen

Baertschi Granlund Boeser

Gaunce Sutter Hansen

I don't even know with these guys lol

We will probably lose one of Hansen, Gaunce, or Granlund from the expansion draft. I personally see all 3 of them as more attractive assets than Dorsett or Sbisa.

1 minute ago, zombieksa said:

We will probably lose one of Hansen, Gaunce, or Granlund from the expansion draft. I personally see all 3 of them as more attractive assets than Dorsett or Sbisa.

My friggin' mother-in-law is more attractive than Sbisa and Dorsett. :lol:

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, zombieksa said:

Vegas does have to reach a specific cap hit though don't they? They will not be able to pick all young 1 mil players. Sbisa is young enough and a good bump up towards reaching the cap