The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Hope Boeser is everything the people in here hope for.  My only real look at him was in last years World Jr tournament. 

His performance in that tournament was very underwhelming.. He looked a step slow and very small and easy to knock off the puck against the top players in his age group.

I agree that he looks dominant at the college level, and that has translated very well for players with similar #'s.  There are a lot more who have not translated as well.

I really hope we get lucky with this pick(and Demko)....god knows we deserve it.

He seems like a real good kid too.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nickels said:

Hope Boeser is everything the people in here hope for.  My only real look at him was in last years World Jr tournament. 

His performance in that tournament was very underwhelming.. He looked a step slow and very small and easy to knock off the puck against the top players in his age group.

I agree that he looks dominant at the college level, and that has translated very well for players with similar #'s.  There are a lot more who have not translated as well.

I really hope we get lucky with this pick(and Demko)....god knows we deserve it.

He seems like a real good kid too.

i guess we will see if Boeser's game will translate well into the NHL. a lot of scouts seem to think he's going to be a good player. i'm certainly hoping he can be. i think his play at the world juniors might also be an indication of his line mates as well. i expect Boeser to be better this year and if gets an opportunity to represent the USA. hoping that he has a better game and tourney than he did last year. 

Yes, I thought Boeser's play wasn't great at the last WJC as well. I recall that he was on a line with Mathews and Tkatchuk sometimes and those 2 were visibly the better players. I really hope Boeser's NCAA success translates to the NHL like Toews and Parise etc.  

4 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Oh my the expectations are through the roof already.  Horvat the future Selke winning elite two way centerman, Virtanen the 30 goal scoring elite power forward and Boeser the 40 goal sniper.  

You poo-pooing that idea?

....at least 2 of those targets could get hit...and what are fans for if not to expect the best out of our best?

I say they all get close to those goals....Seike consideration for Bo,  25 goals for Jake and 35 for Boeser. 

2 hours ago, bobbyg43 said:

2017 season can't come fast enough for me ,looking forward to this young man turning heads in Vancouver

me 2. just makes me worried I gotta buy nhl 18 lol.

17 is good but I might wait for the first sale since these ncaa players take forever to be added to the game.

I'm curious how brock is going to adjust to the nhl.  he could be a Calder finalist but I just hope he doesn't slip up and fall down the ranks.  

everything about him screams he will be an elite success but the nhl is another beast. let's stay optimistic! the ncaa has done a pretty good job so far!

Just now, Rush17 said:

me 2. just makes me worried I gotta buy nhl 18 lol.

17 is good but I might wait for the first sale since these ncaa players take forever to be added to the game.

I'm curious how brock is going to adjust to the nhl.  he could be a Calder finalist but I just hope he doesn't slip up and fall down the ranks.  

everything about him screams he will be an elite success but the nhl is another beast. let's stay optimistic! the ncaa has done a pretty good job so far!

I think just not having seen him aside nhl players is causing me concern. Damn ncaa bs.

35 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Isn't Boeser eligible for WJHC this year as well? I fully expect a big showing for him. He has skill, size, work ethic, its going to be his coming out party this year. 

A legit 1st line blue chip prospect. 

He will be on Team USA at WJC I believe. I didn't think he had much more to do in college ranks but his start suggested different as his ppg sky rockets. Hard to believe that he will spend time in the AHL but I would not object if he does. I would not be surprised to see him finish the season with Utica or the Canucks when his college season finishes.

1 hour ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

It might depend whose coaching for us next season. 

Probably depend more on who's doing well/would benefit more. If the Canucks are clearly out of the playoffs and Utica is in the hunt (as they should be), he goes to Utica IMO.

If Canucks are in/near playoffs, they might bring him in here.

27 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Probably depend more on who's doing well/would benefit more. If the Canucks are clearly out of the playoffs and Utica is in the hunt (as they should be), he goes to Utica IMO.

They'll bring him in, at least for a look and for the fans (plus marketing for next year), same as they did with Juolevi.

37 minutes ago, J.R. said:

If he makes the team, can't it be because he's that good of a player