The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

What's with all this fear with him being a pure offense player. Have you watched his play? Because From the games I have seen, he looks outstanding offensively and also quite reliable defensively. At the camp he was show casing his shot and his nose for the net, but the few games Iv seen at the tourney this kid has looked incredibly sound on the back check and seems to have good positioning. Also read that he gets compared to Sharp, but guys who do this professionally. So where exactly is this fear coming from?

I honstly think this kid looks like a future first liner more then anyone we have. And as for Horvat, I think his offensive ceiling is being underestimated. He'll be a 1st liner one day, and a captain.

Yes to both. I see Horvat as our Trottier and Boeser as our Bossy. Talented two way centre with a sniper, who can play both ways too. Maybe Lucic could be the Clark Gillies?

What's with all this fear with him being a pure offense player. Have you watched his play? Because From the games I have seen, he looks outstanding offensively and also quite reliable defensively. At the camp he was show casing his shot and his nose for the net, but the few games Iv seen at the tourney this kid has looked incredibly sound on the back check and seems to have good positioning. Also read that he gets compared to Sharp, but guys who do this professionally. So where exactly is this fear coming from?

I honstly think this kid looks like a future first liner more then anyone we have. And as for Horvat, I think his offensive ceiling is being underestimated. He'll be a 1st liner one day, and a captain.

Seconded Thirded

I think Boeser would work great with a 2way center and a play making winger. Who would fulfill that last spot?

Sven BO BESTer

Shink Mcann Jake

Kenny Cole Gaunce

Greenie Vey Jensen

Not a bad top 12 future

Although I'm not sure if the last 3 will be full time NHLers

But hope 9 of the 12 are Canucks thru the next 10 years

EDIT in no particular order as to 1st 2nd 3rd 4th lines

Edited by Freaky Freak

Sven BO BESTer

Shink Mcann Jake

Kenny Cole Gaunce

Greenie Vey Jensen

Not a bad top 12 future

And there will be more guys drafted too. I think the young Russian we got last draft might surprise, and fill a top six spot.

What about our D?

EDIT in no particular order as to 1st 2nd 3rd 4th lines

Sven BO BESTer

Shink Mcann Jake

Kenny Cole Gaunce

Greenie Vey Jensen

Not a bad top 12 future

Good top 6.

Although I'm starting to think McCann should go with Boeser, because they both have quick releases.

Put Bo with his 'best friend' in Shink, and bodyguard in Virtanen.

EDIT:

For bottom 6 I would have--

Gaunce Cassels Grenier

Kenins Vey Jensen

Edited by NaveJoseph

Good top 6.

Although I'm starting to think McCann should go with Boeser, because they both have quick releases.

Put Bo with his 'best friend' in Shink, and bodyguard in Virtanen.

EDIT:

For bottom 6 I would have--

Gaunce Cassels Grenier

Kenins Vey Jensen

Sounds really good to me.

Do you think that Cassels might be better than McCann?

Sounds really good to me.

Do you think that Cassels might be better than McCann?

Personally I think McCann might be better (at least offensively) than Horvat when they reach their primes. McCann largely needs time to build bulk.

He's reminds me a lot of more naturally offensively gifted Kesler.

Baer, McCann, Virtanen

Shink, Horvat, Boesser

Gaunce, Sutter, Jensen(?)

Kenins, Cassels, Grenier

Personally I think McCann might be better (at least offensively) than Horvat when they reach their primes. McCann largely needs time to build bulk.

Baer, McCann, Virtanen

Shink, Horvat, Boesser

Kenins, Cassels, Grenier

That would be fabulous if McCann could become that number one skilled guy! He could play the Krijge (sp?) role, and Bo is our Bergeron. That would be really good for us.

Is McCann just skinny then? Is his frame such that it will accommodate more weight, while still keeping his excellent skating? I heard too he has a great wrist shot. Maybe one of the best out there?

He's only 19 and hence, yes 'skinny'. Currently 6'0" 180lbs, likely end up around Henrik's size maybe a bit shorter but a touch heavier would be my guess.

6'0"-6'1" and 190-200 in his prime I'd guess. Tenacious, with a chip on his shoulder, good 2-way play and a wicked shot.

Baer, McCann, Virtanen

Shink, Horvat, Boesser

Kenins, Cassels, Grenier

I like this a lot.

That first line has some serious speed and nastiness.

I also would only question Jensen

Baer, McCann, Virtanen

Shink, Horvat, Boesser

Kenins, Cassels, Grenier

That's a good line up considering that Sutter is going to be in for awhile.

Here's a line up with the Sedins in 3-4 years:

Shink Horvat Virtanen (If all reach their potential, they can play first line)

Baertschi McCann Boeser (Playmaking winger, 2way forward, sniper)

Sedin Sedin Jensen (If Jensen improves he's the one to play with the Sedins when they're old)

Gaunce Sutter Cassels (An absolutely annoying line to play against)

We could play all four lines about equally. Cap may become a dilemma though.

I like this a lot.

That first line has some serious speed and nastiness.

I also would only question Jensen

Yeah not sure where Jensen fits in. Has proven chemistry with the Sedins so if he survives all the cuts and proves himself he could play with them.

He's only 19 and hence, yes 'skinny'. Currently 6'0" 180lbs, likely end up around Henrik's size maybe a bit shorter but a touch heavier would be my guess.

6'0"-6'1" and 190-200 in his prime I'd guess. Tenacious, with a chip on his shoulder, good 2-way play and a wicked shot.

Thanks! That would awesome. I have not been a fan of him, but reading your posts is super encouraging. what do you think about him with Boeser? Do you see Virtanen and Boeser switching lines?

Thanks! That would awesome. I have not been a fan of him, but reading your posts is super encouraging. what do you think about him with Boeser? Do you see Virtanen and Boeser switching lines?

I think Virtanen likely projects to have more offensive talent but things can certainly change.

I think Virtanen likely projects to have more offensive talent but things can certainly change.

At least we have some up and comers to talk about. The previous few years there were none really. Now reading here, and watching these guys play, we really do have a good (and growing) pool of prospects.

Sedin Sedin Jensen (If Jensen improves he's the one to play with the Sedins when they're old)

Sedin Sedin,Cassels or Grenier

Gaunce Sutter Grenier or Cassels (An absolutely annoying line to play against)

I think Cassels may be a great fit with Sedins, excellent passer, gritty and gets the puck. Cole could take most of the FO's as well.

I think that lineup is more than 3-4 years down the road. Sedins will slot in on the 2nd line in 2-3 years. 5 years from now they'll be on the 3rd doing a victory lap.

Sedin Sedin,Cassels or Grenier

Gaunce Sutter Grenier or Cassels (An absolutely annoying line to play against)

I think Cassels may be a great fit with Sedins, excellent passer, gritty and gets the puck. Cole could take most of the FO's as well.

That's really a great idea! From what I have learned of Cassels, he would be perfect with twins. I wonder if we might see this combination in the spring of 2016?