The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Boeser looks like a money pick, can't wait to see him at WJCs. I agree about putting him with Bo in the future. Horvat plays safe hockey, but when you put him with a skill guy (ie. Max Domi) he seems to have more fun proving he can play a skill game.

Brock looks great though. As soon as I heard Benning say he'd been seriously scouting the kid for a while, I knew he had a pretty good idea of the kind of potential that was there. Only proving it further with his play so far.

• Upvote 1

Benning scouted him at the U18 wj tourney during the Canucks playoffs 1st round and received a ton of flack from cdc

once again proving he knows what he's doing 

haha, yeah.

"JB's off finding great hockey players when he could be in the box watching the game?! what kind of GM is this?!"

Benning scouted him at the U18 wj tourney during the Canucks playoffs 1st round and received a ton of flack from cdc

once again proving he knows what he's doing 

Boeser didn't play at the U18... but Brisebois, Jasek and Zhukenov did.

he played at the Hlinka Tournament, which is also known as the U-18 World Cup

Hlinka was in August 2014.  I think he even lead the team in points despite the ordeal he was going through.

But it was not during the 1st round of the playoffs which is when Benning was criticised for not being around - that was the U18 in Switzerland where Boeser did not play.

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 1

didn't realize how good of a season he had with the Leafs. 45 points is really good.

he had like 30 points in 35 games to start the year or something crazy, back when kessel was 'on pace' for 164 goals lol

edit might have been a shorter period but i remember him putting up basically point/game for a while

Edited by Edlerberry

I really hope he comes to camp on a contract. His ability to get the puck though and finish from anywhere on the ice is something we are lacking. That way we would have 3 players teams would have to respect becaue they can score from anywhere (Virtanen, McCann, Boeser)

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Robongo said:

Thanks for the update. Nice to see Boesser doing well. Don't see how the US could leave him off the world junior team this year (although they do tend to favor guys in their world junior pipeline -- the US National U-18 team -- and he was not on that team.)

Just now, JamesB said:

Thanks for the update. Nice to see Boesser doing well. Don't see how the US could leave him off the world junior team this year (although they do tend to favor guys in their world junior pipeline -- the US National U-18 team -- and he was not on that team.)

Yea but they also want to win, so he'll be there.

12 hours ago, Derp... said:

Gaborik eh?

Most kids that played hockey in the midwest from 2000-09 look up to Gaborik in a big big way.  I think NHL fans tend to forget how good Gaborik was with the Wild.  In that time, there really wasn't a better player to watch in this part of the country.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, wshdrvvn said:

Most kids that played hockey in the midwest from 2000-09 look up to Gaborik in a big big way.  I think NHL fans tend to forget how good Gaborik was with the Wild.  In that time, there really wasn't a better player to watch in this part of the country.

Yeah, one of the best skaters in the NHL in his day. Gaborik's been a good player but he could've been great.

• Upvote 1