The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Just now, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Yeah, one of the best skaters in the NHL in his day. Gaborik's been a good player but he could've been great.

Injuries really f'd him. Generational talent hampered by injuries. Here's hoping Brock's more durable/lucky :lol:

1 minute ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Hey I'd take a little bit of that Gaborik speed too

Not just his speed, he's incredibly offensively talented with pillow soft hands, laser wrister, shifty/agile, fluid ability to change speed at will... His only real detractor (before his injuries) was he had/has a tendency to be a bit of a one man show.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Not just his speed, he's incredibly offensively talented with pillow soft hands, laser wrister, shifty/agile, fluid ability to change speed at will... His only real detractor (before his injuries) was he had/has a tendency to be a bit of a one man show.

To be fair he didn't have a terribly talented team to work with. I was young but I remember Gaborik and Demitra just shredding the Canucks, which was why I was so excited when we got Demitra on board. He even seemed to destroy us when he was in STL.

16 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

Even with Gaborik's injuries he is probably going to reach 400+ goals

Yeah, he's a sensational talent and always was.

Boeser is not Gaborik. The kid just grew up watching him in Minny. But it's a good answer, because Marian is a fairly complete player, and if he'd remained healthy, he'd likely be a HOF contender. 

On November 17, 2015 at 12:29:46 AM, Gstank29 said:

I really hope he comes to camp on a contract. His ability to get the puck though and finish from anywhere on the ice is something we are lacking. That way we would have 3 players teams would have to respect becaue they can score from anywhere (Virtanen, McCann, Boeser)

lol

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Well, there was one guy wearing #13 in a Red/White uniform playing at the same time. 

I didn't forget about Datsyuk.  But when I'm talking about midwestern fans; Detroit is a 9 hour drive compared to just under 4 to St. Paul.  The Wild tend to be more popular in my area than Detroit.

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

gaborik is decent but id have to say people seem to drop this generational talent wuite way to much    examples of generational talents

orr, 99, mario, lindros, bure, jagr 

not gaborik 

Gaborik was basically a Slovakian Bure before the injury troubles so yeah......

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

how old are you? 10  yes you can bure was a generational talent that could skate coast to coast and score at will. Dont try and compare gabby to bure hes not on another level hes average 

first goal in wild history as a rookie

gaborik has some of the most insane hand-eye/skating combinations since bure. right up there.