The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

5 hours ago, Fanuck said:

The Boeser kid is good, very good.   But don't forget,  he's playing on a stacked team in ND.  The Sioux have 10 NHL draft picks on their roster and are one of the higher scoring teams in college hockey right now.  BBs numbers would likely look much different if he was on a team like Denver or Providence for example who survive on team defense. 

But no question,  kid has skills & promising potential. 

Your right of course, but he sure looks good right now. Plus got to like his size and 2-way game.

8 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

It's different in college sports. The fact that he has made this team and is playing such a predominant role as a freshman says a lot.

Look at Alabama in football. Yes, their team is always stacked with the most future NFL drafted players because they have the best program in the country. The best players want to be there, they compete against each other more than anything. 

Right now Brock one of the best players at one of the most elite hockey programs on the planet. 

He is doing amazing.  

I take a different approach. I like to keep a very level head regarding prospects.  Do you remember how good Hodgson was?  Schroeder?  Kassian? That way it's not such a let down  if theyou dont pan out.  Which happens quite often to every team.

18 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

I take a different approach. I like to keep a very level head regarding prospects.  Do you remember how good Hodgson was?  Schroeder?  Kassian? That way it's not such a let down  if theyou dont pan out.  Which happens quite often to every team.

Boeser's shot is too good for him to not be super excited about.  I see playing on a stacked team as a benefit.  He'll play in big games, playing a scoring role.  Keep him in this role as he develops and he should be burying goals his whole career at every level.  He should expect to be the guy relied on to score everywhere he plays. 

4 minutes ago, NEON.KNEE said:

Boeser's shot is too good for him to not be super excited about.  I see playing on a stacked team as a benefit.  He'll play in big games, playing a scoring role.  Keep him in this role as he develops and he should be burying goals his whole career at every level.  He should expect to be the guy relied on to score everywhere he plays. 

Yeah I've heard of many can't miss prospects.  

On November 22, 2015 at 4:56:18 PM, Gooseberries said:

Today he is amazing.

Discrediting his success is unwarranted. 

Tomorrow? Who knows. 

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think you are being too kind.  It's called dementia!:huh:

Maybe that will solve our problems. Just relive the Canucks and Blackhawks game and think we won every game of the season 6-3!

82-0-0 record baby!

Edited by The Lock

That whole boeser being on a stacked team that is why his point totals are so high is a crap comparison. Since hes on a good team they probably roll their lines where as ifbhe was on a crap team hed get more ice time. There's alot of examples that go the other way. You think lee stepniak or travis zajac would put up the points they do if they were on a team like chicago? No theyd get no pp time and be third liners. A ppg as a freshman nevermind the team he plays for is an accomplishment all on its own and we should be happy he got drsfted by us

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, manroth19 said:

That whole boeser being on a stacked team that is why his point totals are so high is a crap comparison. Since hes on a good team they probably roll their lines where as ifbhe was on a crap team hed get more ice time. There's alot of examples that go the other way. You think lee stepniak or travis zajac would put up the points they do if they were on a team like chicago? No theyd get no pp time and be third liners. A ppg as a freshman nevermind the team he plays for is an accomplishment all on its own and we should be happy he got drsfted by us

Yea what Brock is doing right now is phenomenal. Brock's third on the team in points , second in goals and first in shots on net. Nick Schmaltz, who is in first in points on the team, was a higher draft pick than Brock in 2014 and he only had a .68 PPG in his freshman year. The only other player ahead of Brock in points and goals on his team is Drake Caggiula (undrafted) and he's in his fourth year in the NCAA and is 21 years old. Caggiula is putting up a PPG or more pace for the first time in his NCAA career. There are only 2 NHL drafted players in the top 5 of scoring for North Dakota, Brock and Scmhaltz.

Definitely seems like we have a hell of a player here folks

Edited by Robongo
  • Upvote 2