The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] EDDIE TO CAROLINA

Stix

Gonna miss Eddie as a Canuck :(

I wish the Canucks could've gotten more but I bet teams were hesistant to take on Eddie because of his UFA status at the end of next season. Probably seen as a flight risk to go off to another NHL team. At least the Canucks got 2 picks out of this... considering Eddie was an undrafted signee when he first arrived in this organization.

jim milbury. we are in trouble. jb brought this on himself when he paid a ridiculous price for miller. apparently he's never heard that thems that ignore hx are doomed to repeat hx. on the upside, jb could bring this franchise to it's knees with his astute moves which means we will likely be drafting high picks for a few years. so far his judgement of talent is a concern

brutal trade, poor asset management. Very disappointed in the return, This draft is a fail for us for sure, old aging core that squeeks into the playoffs is all the owner cares about and they have their puppets in Benning, pretty sad when you see our divison rivals make impact moves and we do nothing to improve

jim milbury. we are in trouble. jb brought this on himself when he paid a ridiculous price for miller. apparently he's never heard that thems that ignore hx are doomed to repeat hx. on the upside, jb could bring this franchise to it's knees with his astute moves which means we will likely be drafting high picks for a few years. so far his judgement of talent is a concern

Yeah, the picks of Virtanen, McCann, and demko were awful last year.

When you paint yourself in a corner with that Miller signing and teams know you have to trade this is all you are going to get.

The shine of Benning not being Gillis will hopefully wear off soon and we can judge him on his own merits (so far average)

well thats crappy.

the third is 66 OA

Hopefully we see something for Juice as well

Is Lehner really that much better that he + a mid 30s salary dump gets the 21, while Eddie gets a friggin 3rd?

Steal for Caroline

I agree, should have kept him until after the draft. then get draft picks for next year or prospects.

The goalie market is going to get better during the summer.

i dont understand the rush.

Ib4 betting haters gather and claim we got fleeced !!!

Sorry folks but that's the market for a 27yr old w. 1 yr left until UFA. Not Bennings fault. Of all cities we should know goalies market is terrible.

Ps Carolinas pick is early 3rd. 66th I believe. Can get a decent prospect there.

Ethan Bear, Filip AHL. , Blake Speers.

Talbot is the same age with less nhl experience with a cap hit of 300k more and is a pending ufa next summer. If he returns a third then fine but if he gets a 2nd or more then we got fleeced

brutal trade, poor asset management. Very disappointed in the return, This draft is a fail for us for sure, old aging core that squeeks into the playoffs is all the owner cares about and they have their puppets in Benning, pretty sad when you see our divison rivals make impact moves and we do nothing to improve

Or you know its June and we have 4 months to improve our team ..

Well, colour me disappointed to see Eddie Lack go. He was a great character for the organization and was hitting strides in the crease. Good luck to him in Carolina. I'm sure everyone will be complaining about this trade, but we must move on.

Our goalies of the future are Markstrom, Demko and Cannata.

When you paint yourself in a corner with that Miller signing and teams know you have to trade this is all you are going to get.

The shine of Benning not being Gillis will hopefully wear off soon and we can judge him on his own merits (so far average)

The Miller signing doesn't affect this as much as you'd think. If it did, Talbot will be seen in the same light due to the fact that they have The King in net.

Please say we can at least trade Higgins for a 2nd?

Maybe Bieksa for a 2nd?

Here we go again !!!!

34 yr old Dman w. 1 yr left on contract who is clearly in the decline !!

2nd rnd pick ? Are u serious. ??

Ppl are always so disappointed on CDc because they over value our players!!

Bieksa for 3rd is good value.

Archived