The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] EDDIE TO CAROLINA

Stix

If it wasn't for his personality people wouldn't have such a hard on for him. He is a great guy but average NHL goalie at best. Glad we got rid of him. Markstrom looked great in both his starts Montreal game wasn't completely his fault and have full faith in Rollie that he will turn Markstrom into a bonafide starter.

A Lack fan but deferred to Benning's obvious eye for talent. Markstron appears to have #1 potential as Miller slides into backup and as Van waits for Demko. It certainly look like JB did the right thing.

A defense of Lack's play to date is that IMHO he has to play regularly. Not unusual for any tender.  

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

After a win against CHI last night

CXR5vo9WsAAGBta.jpg

NOTE- Luongo also has his Panthers in 1st place in the Atlantic Division with 44 points

I miss this guy, the Canucks are just too boring without him.

Im going to the game on Jan 6th, he better start.

5 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

If that happens who will be marks backup.  Bachman? Is he good enough? 

They won't trade Miller this season. I'd put the chances of a Miller trade at like 2% (this year).. If he didn't trade him last summer with Lack, why would he trade him this deadline? If anything he'll be dealt next year at the deadline, maybe, but I'm 90% sure Miller will leave Vancouver as a UFA.

13 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

If that happens who will be marks backup.  Bachman? Is he good enough? 

Does it really matter? Moving Miller would be a huge deal and as Senpai suggests not likely. I through it out as a option as Miller would likely bring a 1st Rounder back. Hoping that Benning can put enough draft depth together to swing a deal come June for a top pick (as in a top 5).  

Moving Miller will be a tall order as he is 35+ and has had lower body injuries the last 2 seasons.

If he cant be depended on for starters minutes, he has no value.

Out of the older group, he has fallen the most. Lundqvist and Luongo seem to keep trucking along.

If the Canucks really want to push youth, they should have another young goalie fight for ice time with Markstrom.

'Guaranteeing' a starter job for an unproven guy doesn't provide the proper motivation. They have to earn it.

• b3. locked this topic

Archived